Forearm splints?

oldskool954

Reaction score
I think I got this shit I get serious pain from str8 bar curls right when I put the bar down. Both arms more so in right. If I do isolation type curls I'm ok but w bar sumtimes and always str8 bar kills my forearms when I put the weight down. Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this?

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had these in the past, usually notice them when my forearms are getting overtrained.. I work in the oilfield so they take a double beating.

its also easy to overtrain your right forearm when on masteron.. :)

I bench 135x5

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think I got this shit I get serious pain from str8 bar curls right when I put the bar down. Both arms more so in right. If I do isolation type curls I'm ok but w bar sumtimes and always str8 bar kills my forearms when I put the weight down. Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this?

Old i have that exact problem. Its only with straight bar. I never do straight bar barbell curls. I always use the preacher bar. It helps a shit ton. IF you want to use the barbell then wrap your forearms really tightly with tape for the exercises. It helped me.

The pain used to be unbearable for me. Also what you can do is curl your wrists up to the forearms when you grip the bar, it relieves the pressure as well.

Hope this helps

oldskool954

Reaction score
Old i have that exact problem. Its only with straight bar. I never do straight bar barbell curls. I always use the preacher bar. It helps a shit ton. IF you want to use the barbell then wrap your forearms really tightly with tape for the exercises. It helped me.

The pain used to be unbearable for me. Also what you can do is curl your wrists up to the forearms when you grip the bar, it relieves the pressure as well.

Hope this helps

Cool man! Thanks bro! That sounds like a good thing to try.

G

Georgia

Is it on the side of your wrists? I got the same problem. Can do hammer curls and EZ curl bar but the straight bar is so painful I can barely lift the 45 by itself straight up and down

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need to be stretching your forearms out. You need to relieve the tension in them first though. Some sort of massage would help, then stretch.

G

Georgia

EDIT: Started using Inzer wrist wraps...really tight...helps a ton to ease the stress on the wrists

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had these on my first cycle 25 or so years ago. It was damn painful too.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get them too. That's why I don't use straight bb for curls anymore I only use db's and ex bar curls.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't do curls. That will fix the problem.

New Threads