Friendly advice you didn’t ask for….

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
My dudes, as many of you know, I had to put my gym away in storage (filled 2 10x20 units lol)
Anyway, I’ve been using the public gym and Im so use to splitting my workout up into 2 sometimes 4 different workouts a day. So I’ve seen a lot of new faces lately.
I get asked MOST usually “what’s the trick?” As If there’s some secret formula for success in bodybuilding.. lmao.. yea it’s called PATIENCE & DILIGENCE! It’s a small town, >60K people. So Im just over the average gym goer.
5’8” 215 10%Bf.
After evading any talk whatsoever about anything outside of OTC, I’ll ask “how much protein do you eat a day”.
Almost always to discover, they don’t even track it..
My secret (that I didn’t know was a secret) LIQUID EGG WHITES pasteurized. Think about it, less than $4 for 100G of protein.. Ive spend that on one protein bar in the past.
Logging calorie, it’s easier to see where and when you need protein and how much divided by how many meals you want. Drink it straight out of the carton. I drink about 1/2 a quart a day.
It also helps to cheat on my diet. I can eat something I really want but I need more protein. Drink the protein and satiate your food lusts.
Everyone seems surprised like “why didn’t I think of that“. So I hope I‘ve helped someone somewhere progress!
Egg whites with instant oats and honey is the ticket.

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
And here I was contemplating trying muscle egg or not..thanks for making that decision easier..I'll pass.
Bro mix half carton egg whites with 2 packets instnat oats 2 Tablespoon honey mix with blender or handheld mixer I drink this multiple times a day. It's a game changer.

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
Sorry, one of the proteins I was thinking of is called avidin; which will remain up until temperatures of 158f-180f. This binds both biotin and vitamin b6. It also binds to iron to a degree, but I forget what the exact binding affinity avidin has for iron.

Then there's ovotransferrin; which only begins to stabilize at 140f. So while pasteurized egg whites may go up to that temperature, it's not enough to completely stabilize that protein. This protein is iron binding, and there are papers available that support that 140f is not enough to completely remove it's binding properties.

So I see your "whoa whoa whoa", and raise you with a "hey hey hey".

Calm yourself... I don't throw out information loosely. You can look up avidin and ovotransferrin yourself and see I'm correct.

Pasteurization does not mean that the egg white has suddenly become the perfect protein source. There are other binding proteins that are not stabilized in the pasteurization process.

Now how much does this actually matter? Probably not much if a person isn't chugging egg whites all day, or if they are not already deficient in one of the micronutrients that some of these binding proteins prevent from being absorbed.
I sometimes live on my drink. What risks am I taking any what advantages would there be if I threw my drink onto a hot skillet for a few?

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
20211109_232025.jpg
I"m all about the beef. This was a late dinner at 10pm this evening. If it was 10am there would be hash browns in place of the mashed taters and strawberries and melon instead of asparagus. Hold the eggs. Plenty of protein in my New York Strips.

I keep odd hours. My cravings for beef is often replaced by my lust for pork. I've got some beautiful chops in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.

My Mexican wife had a bit of a learning curve cooking for me. Grew up on the East Coast. Mexican food isn't for me.

I had my own issues. Puerto Rican women replaced by Mexican women. I managed.