Giving

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Over the years participating and managing Toy Drives for underprivileged kids I noticed the older kids gifts were always short. It's easy to buy for the little guys, it takes more to make the teenagers smile......and when you can do that, it's fucking sweet!

Just a suggestion this year: make a Toy Donation and think of the older kids.

CFM

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
great advice PFM,

so true..

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone with teenage kid please contribute to ideas for gifts for upper teens.

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone with teenage kid please contribute to ideas for gifts for upper teens.

Well Call of Duty Black OPS II just came out.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Re: Ice life hack

We have a big ass bike run here for the toys for tots. I'm gonna make sure that I go all out for the bigger kids this year. If I can spend x amount on gear then why in da hell can't I spend x amout on some kids who don't have anything. I challenge all of you to give this year to someone you don't know. I also buy jackets and beanies for kids and give them away. I go into a low income area and give to families that I don't even know. I've been blessed all my life and my children have been too. So I take my kids with me to see how other people live who don't have it so good.
Its not the kids fault.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a toy but a few big things with teenagers and even preteens is the long Nike socks and old school snap back hats. Everytime I pick up my little girl from school, kids are wearing these. Might seem foolish to some and hip hopish but I know growing up we were pretty poor and the only "new" clothes I got were hand me downs from my cousin. I got made fun of a lot for not having the cool clothes. When I was old enough I started mowing lawns and started buying my own clothes with the money. It helped my confidence a lot. When you're a kid, especially one who's parents struggle financially, little things like having stuff the "cool kids" have can make a kid feel good.

Times Roman

Reaction score
Over the years participating and managing Toy Drives for underprivileged kids I noticed the older kids gifts were always short. It's easy to buy for the little guys, it takes more to make the teenagers smile......and when you can do that, it's fucking sweet!

CFM

I usually go on a Harley related toy drive almost every year, and usually I just get a stupid stuffed toy or something. but you're right, what about the older kids?

Thanks for the thought. I'll be more aware of this, this year.

Thanks
---Roman

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

CFM

Pops club been doing toy runs for many years.

Who said a HA has no heart lol?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

CFM

If only more people would offer help to others less fortunate...what a world this would be.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The salvation army here where I'm from always has a toy drive/donation, I always try to give a few bucks.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a toy but a few big things with teenagers and even preteens is the long Nike socks and old school snap back hats. Everytime I pick up my little girl from school, kids are wearing these. Might seem foolish to some and hip hopish but I know growing up we were pretty poor and the only "new" clothes I got were hand me downs from my cousin. I got made fun of a lot for not having the cool clothes. When I was old enough I started mowing lawns and started buying my own clothes with the money. It helped my confidence a lot. When you're a kid, especially one who's parents struggle financially, little things like having stuff the "cool kids" have can make a kid feel good.

man, you hit the nail right on the head there. was the exact same for me.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

CFM

Noble work, my friend.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The old school adidas line is coming back. So I guess clothes with the old logo will work..

RoidGear.net

Latest posts