Grounding/Earthing

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
So, this sounds like some real woo woo shit, but it’s been pretty well studied and implicated in a wide range of health benefits.

Grounding is literally just coming in contact with the natural electrical gradient found on the earth’s surface. It has a slight, negative DC charge.

Its something our ancestors were doing basically all day long and now we nearly never do. Maybe theres a reason that walking barefoot in grass or sand feels so good? I dont know.

Anyway, it’s been studied and shown benefit for chronic inflammation, wound healing, decreased clotting and blood viscosity, depression and anxiety, sports recovery, sleep quality, hypertension, etc.

It’s pretty interesting stuff anyway.

I totally expect this shit to get scoffed at. Believe me, I get it. But maybe there’s something going on here that the modern quack doctors in US medicine know nothing about?

I started sleeping on a grounding mat a few weeks ago, and have to say, I feel the best I have in my entire life. (Full disclosure, I also started taking TMG, a methyl B complex, and starting the day with cold shower). So, Im not sure if it’s one or all, but Im pretty blown away and not gonna quit any of them.

Ive had mild depression my whole life and it has completely lifted. My blood pressure has also dropped over ten points.

Now, maybe Ive just had a chronic b vitamin deficiency and thats it. But maybe not.

Read up on it. Might surprise you.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I've read up on it, it's been debunked.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm barefoot often, but it has absolutely nothing to do with grounding. I do it to strengthen the foot muscles, let the foot do what it's supposed to.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Where?

Ive found mostly small studies but nothing that disputes it with any data.
Sorry, I was thinking of those magnets that people say will heal you if you wear a wrist or ankle bracelet.

I'll read into grounding when I have time, but I'm skeptical. Given most of us are on finished flooring surfaces, I don't see how standing on a finished surface barefoot would be an improvement over shoes or socks, but I'll set my skepticism to the side for now.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Sorry, I was thinking of those magnets that people say will heal you if you wear a wrist or ankle bracelet.

I'll read into grounding when I have time, but I'm skeptical. Given most of us are on finished flooring surfaces, I don't see how standing on a finished surface barefoot would be an improvement over shoes or socks, but I'll set my skepticism to the side for now.
It wouldnt. Youd have to be touching earth, natural water source, or touching something plugged into the grounding wire of your home.

Again, I know this sounds kooky as all fuck. But the limited research on it is pretty intriguing. And I will say, everything studied that replicates our ancestral lifestyle seems to prove healthy. Exercise, heat, cold, fasting, natural sunlight, etc etc.

Reader591

Reaction score
It wouldnt. Youd have to be touching earth, natural water source, or touching something plugged into the grounding wire of your home.
Bare concrete too.

Idk, I’ve read some on it. I don’t know how true it is or not, but it makes sense in a way. I bet there’s truth, but how impactful is it really is my skepticism.

But like you said, it seems a lot of weird stuff we use to do turns out to have benifits, just poor explanation in the past.

But I’m outside barefoot a lot anyway, so I just do it, because I do.

buck

Reaction score
6 months a year i walk around my house and yard barefoot. Can't say i notice any difference over they that time frame. Been doing that all my life.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I'm barefoot often, but it has absolutely nothing to do with grounding. I do it to strengthen the foot muscles, let the foot do what it's supposed to.
Couldn't agree more, People in countries where they are barefoot or wear sandals a lot have very different looking feet.. V shaped from the heel. You can tell immediately just from looking at it that there's better stability from that. If you cram feet into narrow toe box all the time it really messes up the form and function of the foot.

GSgator

Reaction score
It sounds like bullshit to me, but I say if it works for you and makes you feel better, keep doing it.

Most things in life are neutral moments it’s the power of thought that brings what we experience either your positive or negative the universe will fill ones life with how they perceive situations there’s no shortage of either .

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's not going to hurt, and it'll help in some ways.

Reaction score
Idk about all this grounding stuff, sounds like hooey.

That's why I use my crystals to help keep my energy focused and my chakras aligned. 🙏

New Threads