Gut Health/Distended Abdomen

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone ever had issues with a distended abdomen, bloating, gut health etc. That isn’t related to high E2 and such, or water imbalance. For the past year or so, I have had so much trouble with bloat and my stomach being distended. It doesn’t matter what I eat, drink, or how much/how little. It’s crazy. I’ve realized it even more the past few days since I’ve been shitting my brains out and have hardly been able to eat, my stomach still ends up bloated and distended, but hard as fuck. Like it’s not fat. It’s driving me fucking crazy. I did a stool sample at the VA a few days ago and waiting to hear back and have a GI scan coming up. Hoping those give me some answers and get this shit under control, it fucks with me mentally. Some days I’ll feel fine and be lean then bam, distended bloated abdomen. Anyone ever experience shit like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefnewton

Just Some Guy
Reaction score
If you don't mind spending the money, get an MRT test at least to rule things out. You might have food sensitivities you didn't realize. Note this is a different test than what you get by services like Everly Well, but it's also a lot more expensive.

Since using the results from that, my stomach/guts are almost always flat. If I'm laying down, my abdomen is sunken, which used to not be the case. Corn is my worst offender. I cannot eat anything made from it either, and it has a lot of places it hides... like maltodextrin or citric acid. Saturday nights, I ignore this and eat whatever, and for a few days I'm back to feeling pregnant.

Below is a card they sent me for convenience. Corn is my only "red." But I avoid yellows, as well.

1660334254994.jpeg

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
If you don't mind spending the money, get an MRT test at least to rule things out. You might have food sensitivities you didn't realize. Note this is a different test than what you get by services like Everly Well, but it's also a lot more expensive.

Since using the results from that, my stomach/guts are almost always flat. If I'm laying down, my abdomen is sunken, which used to not be the case. Corn is my worst offender. I cannot eat anything made from it either, and it has a lot of places it hides... like maltodextrin or citric acid. Saturday nights, I ignore this and eat whatever, and for a few days I'm back to feeling pregnant.

Below is a card they sent me for convenience. Corn is my only "red." But I avoid yellows, as well.

View attachment 26202

I’ve been curious about having this done too. I’m gonna look into that and see if there’s anything close to do so, and if I can possibly get insurance to cover it as a medical need. If not, I’ll come out of pocket. It’s worth finding this shit out. I’ve always known my body very well until the past few years with foods and such. Things have changed a lot. Thanks for sharing that Beef. Hoping between that, the stool sample, and Gi scan, I’ve gotta find something.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Hopefully some of the smarter guys will chime in.

My understanding, and I have this issue too, is the visceral fat build up around the organs causes this.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Could be visceral fat. It's fat in and around organs. Subcutaneous fat is shit like love handles.

Visceral fat is generally considered more of a health concern.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Hopefully some of the smarter guys will chime in.

My understanding, and I have this issue too, is the visceral fat build up around the organs causes this.

I was reading about that, and I’m hoping that’s not the case. That shit is almost impossible to lose.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Look into a fodmap diet.
It’s not meant for long term.
Start keeping an extremely detailed diary of everything you eat and how it effects even through the next couple of days.
After you get things under control slowly add foods in.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Also my dr has me on bentyl and 2 caps of miralax a day

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Look into a fodmap diet.
It’s not meant for long term.
Start keeping an extremely detailed diary of everything you eat and how it effects even through the next couple of days.
After you get things under control slowly add foods in.

Thanks for the input man. I’ve really been curious about If it has anything to do with foods. I was literally just in Walgreens eyeballing shit for it lol.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Anyone ever had issues with a distended abdomen, bloating, gut health etc. That isn’t related to high E2 and such, or water imbalance. For the past year or so, I have had so much trouble with bloat and my stomach being distended. It doesn’t matter what I eat, drink, or how much/how little. It’s crazy. I’ve realized it even more the past few days since I’ve been shitting my brains out and have hardly been able to eat, my stomach still ends up bloated and distended, but hard as fuck. Like it’s not fat. It’s driving me fucking crazy. I did a stool sample at the VA a few days ago and waiting to hear back and have a GI scan coming up. Hoping those give me some answers and get this shit under control, it fucks with me mentally. Some days I’ll feel fine and be lean then bam, distended bloated abdomen. Anyone ever experience shit like this?

Just to add to what the other guys said, which is good advice,

Start adding things that are typically useless to people without stomach problems.

Yogurt everyday
Probiotic caps
Magnesium Glycinate
Fibres like Metamucil

I hear ya man

My bloat can get crazy, ill literally eat. ithing but Gaviscon for 2 days and it looks like a grow a beer belly and my pants are too small.

Just gotta eat the right foods and roll with it.... after you get checked out of course

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Just to add to what the other guys said, which is good advice,

Start adding things that are typically useless to people without stomach problems.

Yogurt everyday
Probiotic caps
Magnesium Glycinate
Fibres like Metamucil

I hear ya man

My bloat can get crazy, ill literally eat. ithing but Gaviscon for 2 days and it looks like a grow a beer belly and my pants are too small.

Just gotta eat the right foods and roll with it.... after you get checked out of course

Thanks for the Input man. I’ve added some probiotics in, I’m gonna add some fiber stuff in soon. Probably metamucil. It’s so crazy how it can go from 0-100 real quick. As Drake says. But seriously. I can look like two entirely different people in the same day. Hoping these tests help with something.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Thanks for the Input man. I’ve added some probiotics in, I’m gonna add some fiber stuff in soon. Probably metamucil. It’s so crazy how it can go from 0-100 real quick. As Drake says. But seriously. I can look like two entirely different people in the same day. Hoping these tests help with something.

Honestly if they give you the "You're fine"
Keep pursuing it.
The GI system is more complex than we sometimes give it credit for.
Took 18 years to get a diagnosis for me.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Honestly if they give you the "You're fine"
Keep pursuing it.
The GI system is more complex than we sometimes give it credit for.
Took 18 years to get a diagnosis for me.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon

That was my thoughts on it as well. Especially if they aren’t considering variables that they wouldn’t need to for most. I’ll definitely seek until I find answers. You know as well as I do, that people like us in this lifestyle, are very in touch with our bodies and science. I’ll definitely keep it updated in here or my log.

New Threads