Heart Rate & BP on low dose TRT becoming a problem

Reaction score
In my 30s and taking Trt in the form of Test E
140 mgs week-split in 2 pins

I was moving smoothly for 8 weeks or so, Test moved from 340 to 1080 and was able to keep it in that area. But during week 11-12 heart rate and BP started to really become an issue.
-Resting Rate was 135+
-heart was in 75+ in evenings which was annoying hearing a loud thunk plus anxiety it produced (estradiol 49.2)

I took a couple month break and started again 2 weeks ago
Test was back down to 330 (felt sluggish, weight loss became impossible without fasting hard and barely eating ect)
-During break BP & HR we’re normal and issues went away

-first night I attributed to a immune response (high blood pressure, high heart rate, woke up sweating)

2 weeks later blood pressure chilling is 142/84. Heart rate at night comes back in mid 70s

Am I jus genetically screwed with Test? Is it the carrier oil(tried 2 different labs) feel down because it’s like I’m forced to live with 300s or take test and be uncomfortable throughout the week
I did want to add Masteron for a smoother experience but at this point I don’t want to stir the pot more

Reaction score
What did your blood test say that the trt doctor ran?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
What does your blood work show? Particularly for your CBC panel and lipids panels?

What's your weight?

What is "normal" BP and HR for you when you aren't administering TRT?

Post pics of your physique?

Have you tried simply lowering your dosage?

What is it you think Masteron will do to give a "smoother" experience?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
What did your blood test say that the trt doctor ran?
Based on how he wrote his post, my guess is he's self administering, and not going through a doctor. Although I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Based on how he wrote his post, my guess is he's self administering, and not going through a doctor. Although I could be wrong.
Thats exactly why I asked it the way I did!
Trt is NOT the same as a cruise or bridge cycle. Trt as I'm sure you know, but ill say it for the OP is to Replace the testosterone the body cannot produce on its own.
If this guy is continuing to cruise and doesn't know that testosterone will raise the Blood pressure due to the blood being thickened like engine oil he should be seeing a doctor.
He's going to want to donate blood because the Ferritin is going to be high and the risk of organ damage is going to rise as well.
The rbc count is most likely high as fuck along with Hemoglobin and hematocrit.
The best thing is to hope a good pct protocol will work and get off the gear till he know what's being done to the body. Get blood test and hope he hasn't fucked up.

Reaction score
Hey brother, thanks for response

Yea, first trial was through my clinic and had bloods done before, during and after
Lipids became high during mid cycle Doc subscribed Anavar to help with weight/physique goals (south Florida)

Lipids returned to healthy/slightly elevated ranges after use stopped
Current lipids are still slightly high (250 Chol)
-family of history of high cholesterol

Current body fat percentage 24% (clinic measured)
5”8 189lbs

This second run is not doc supervised($899 for 1 vial of test to me wasn’t worth it)
But bloods done via my clinic

My off cycle HR is 55-65 in bed
Bp 119-129

Yes I will drop to 100mgs a week

Reaction score
Thats exactly why I asked it the way I did!
Trt is NOT the same as a cruise or bridge cycle. Trt as I'm sure you know, but ill say it for the OP is to Replace the testosterone the body cannot produce on its own.
If this guy is continuing to cruise and doesn't know that testosterone will raise the Blood pressure due to the blood being thickened like engine oil he should be seeing a doctor.
He's going to want to donate blood because the Ferritin is going to be high and the risk of organ damage is going to rise as well.
The rbc count is most likely high as fuck along with Hemoglobin and hematocrit.
The best thing is to hope a good pct protocol will work and get off the gear till he know what's being done to the body. Get blood test and hope he hasn't fucked up.
The white is on TRT while DR supervised. The yellow was done earlier this year after stopping

Didn’t see CBC as being a issue

I do believe the 1100+ at the point was too high (around 180 MGs a week, tri test DR presc)

Attachments

• F40B4524-AE24-4EAD-A9D7-B9143E2E492A.png
    F40B4524-AE24-4EAD-A9D7-B9143E2E492A.png
    214 KB · Views: 12
  • 0D80AE73-0B89-4A9A-8F01-3CAF23B8496E.jpeg
    0D80AE73-0B89-4A9A-8F01-3CAF23B8496E.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
What does your diet look like?

Being frank:
1. You need to lose body fat. It's not helping your situation. It is definitely possible to lose weight without TRT... even with low testosterone. Become more active in day to day activities, and add cardio in on top of that.

2. I'm willing to bet your diet needs to be fixed. Do you log everything that you eat? Can you take screenshots of what you ate on January 22nd 2023? Be sure to include total calories for each meal, as well as macro breakdown.

3. You may need something to get your lipids under control. Use diet and lots of cardio to fix this first, before falling back on medication to "fix" it.

4. How many hours of sleep do you get each day? Do you wake up often while trying to sleep?

5. Have you had a thyroid/metabolic panel pulled? If so then what were those results?

6. Your doctor prescribed anavar to help you lose weight? Despite the fact that you have a really bad lipid panel?

If drugs were absolutely necessary then there were so many other things he could have prescribed that would have been directly relevant... instead he pushed more steroids onto you. Your "doctor" sounds more like a greasy salesman than a physician who was concerned with your actual health.

Reaction score
What does your diet look like?

Being frank:
1. You need to lose body fat. It's not helping your situation. It is definitely possible to lose weight without TRT... even with low testosterone. Become more active in day to day activities, and add cardio in on top of that.

2. I'm willing to bet your diet needs to be fixed. Do you log everything that you eat? Can you take screenshots of what you ate on January 22nd 2023? Be sure to include total calories for each meal, as well as macro breakdown.

3. You may need something to get your lipids under control. Use diet and lots of cardio to fix this first, before falling back on medication to "fix" it.

4. How many hours of sleep do you get each day? Do you wake up often while trying to sleep?

5. Have you had a thyroid/metabolic panel pulled? If so then what were those results?

6. Your doctor prescribed anavar to help you lose weight? Despite the fact that you have a really bad lipid panel?

If drugs were absolutely necessary then there were so many other things he could have prescribed that would have been directly relevant... instead he pushed more steroids onto you. Your "doctor" sounds more like a greasy salesman than a physician who was concerned with your actual health.
I agree I think the weight and the lipids are my biggest issue. I’m genetically predisposed to high blood sugar and Cholesterol so it’s something I try to manage.

The Anavar thing was so stupid, looking back it’s like prescribing adderal to a schizophrenic.kind of why I went my own route this time around

My diet is clean 5-6 days out the week. Very few carbs (mostly protein and broccoli) then Sunday hits and I’m crushing deep dish pizza, chicken Parms and a lot of sweets. Need to get that under control

Reaction score
I agree I think the weight and the lipids are my biggest issue. I’m genetically predisposed to high blood sugar and Cholesterol so it’s something I try to manage.

The Anavar thing was so stupid, looking back it’s like prescribing adderal to a schizophrenic.kind of why I went my own route this time around

My diet is clean 5-6 days out the week. Very few carbs (mostly protein and broccoli) then Sunday hits and I’m crushing deep dish pizza, chicken Parms and a lot of sweets. Need to get that under control
I think your on the right track with the lipids.
This was a problem for me in the past as well.
Possibly speak with the doc about a statin to help out with this or introducing good fats such as herring mackerel salmon or fish oils. Olive oil also may help going the natural way.
The Hemoglobin and Crit are borderline so a blood donation would be a good idea.
I'm glad to see you're having blood work done and not just winging things.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Sounds like you know what needs to be done then. I think if you get these things addressed, it will go a long way to helping fix your resting heart rate and blood pressure.

Will it fix it completely? There's no way to tell, but it should significantly improve things so things are at least at a place where you can easily manage things... if not fixed entirely.

Fix the diet, drink plenty of water, get good sleep, do your cardio daily, hit the weights hard, and lower your testosterone dosage to the point where you don't have heart rate or BP issues. Don't add any other steroids... you don't need them.

You can always try raising your dosage again later AFTER you've fixed the amount of fat you're carrying, lipids, etc.

Reaction score
I had similar difficulties with TRT when I started at 40. The clinic started me at 200mg which equated to 1350ng/dl. NP said I was fine to stay there and that test levels 50 yrs ago were likely in that range(?) After 6mo my hemoglobin was 19 and BP was 165/110 (with 2 blood letting appts). I cut the dose in half, donated a pint a week for 10 weeks to get my hemoglobin down to 15 and haven't had an issues since. I can't blast test so I'm going to try a high dose nandrolone base. Good luck

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
Hey mate, what is your TRT doctor saying? I kind of don't want to ask this. Because I hate stacking other medications to offset another medication side effects. But I'll ask. Is there any blood pressure medication to bring int range?

I think TRT and PED won't work if sides like. Raise blood pressure, increase blood volume, aggression etc. These actions are what gives us the edge. I believe it's only while some of us are young. These sides stay borderline in or out of range. Sounds like you are on top of your labs. While on TRT ect. I find your post helpful to many.

Keep us updated. This is a good post.

I wish you well.

Reaction score
Hey mate, what is your TRT doctor saying? I kind of don't want to ask this. Because I hate stacking other medications to offset another medication side effects. But I'll ask. Is there any blood pressure medication to bring int range?

I think TRT and PED won't work if sides like. Raise blood pressure, increase blood volume, aggression etc. These actions are what gives us the edge. I believe it's only while some of us are young. These sides stay borderline in or out of range. Sounds like you are on top of your labs. While on TRT ect. I find your post helpful to many.

Keep us updated. This is a good post.

I wish you well.
Appreciate it! To update the community as well. I spoke to my normal physician and let him know everything, he prescribed me Losartan Potassium. I take 25MGs at night and I think it made a huge difference over the last week. My body could have also adjusted more to the test

Blood pressure has been 129-135 which I can live with. I’ve also felt ALOT better, more energy, better confidence. The way I wanted to feel on TRT

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Thats a very low dose of BP med. Sure nothing else has changed?

Reaction score
Thats a very low dose of BP med. Sure nothing else has changed?
I think my body also adjusted to the test after some time, might have had of a immune response. idk seeing how it goes day by day. Im sure one of these days ill be chilling and ill be hovering in the 150s and be like wtf

New Threads