Hello!

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
A little about me, I'm 28 (M) 6 ft and weighing in at 372. I really enjoy lifting, though I haven't much since late teens to about 23. I finally bought a scale that would read my weight and seeing 380 really woke me up. That's practically two thirds of a Six Hundred Pound Life! I have since started lifting again and actually thinking about what I am eating.

Current Routine:
I am currently running a modified Program A from Doug Hepburn and was written by Steve Shaw. It entails the same power and pump but the power sets are reduced to 5 sets worked from 2 reps to 3 and the pump set is modified to his rep goal system where you push each set as far as possible and try to get 7+ reps each set before adding weight. I have also started walking each day around 25 to 40 minutes. I have been using my fitness pal and a food scale to start tracking calories. The current base goal in my fitness pal is a little over 2300 calories a day which should help me reach a 2 lb lose each week.

My 12 month goal is to lose one hundred pounds. I know this is a big number but I'd rather push for more than less considering the amount I have to lose and that I have surpassed Morbid Obesity and am now Super Obese.

Enhancement is not on my radar. The main reason I wanted to join this community is I don't have anyone that wants to talk about lifting or dieting with me. I have lurked on here in the past and remembered how knowledgeable, straightforward and funny the community was.

Thanks for having me! I look forward to seeing everyone around!

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
To reiterate with @CJ said stay consistent you'll see the results and become motivated. Good luck on your journey we're rooting for you!!

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. You'll drop weight fast as long as you are consistent.

We're here to help!!!
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
To reiterate with @CJ said stay consistent you'll see the results and become motivated. Good luck on your journey we're rooting for you!!
I appreciate it! The consistency over the past couple weeks have definitely been getting me motivated! I'm sure over time it will get even more locked in!

beefnewton

Reaction score
I think 100 pounds is very doable and realistic. Most I ever got up to was 250 and got 80 off in a year with just Weight Watchers at the time. Logging is critical (for me). I've had a lifelong issue with food so know the downward spiral well. Once you get momentum going, it becomes easier, but you have to remain vigilant. Good luck!

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
I think 100 pounds is very doable and realistic. Most I ever got up to was 250 and got 80 off in a year with just Weight Watchers at the time. Logging is critical (for me). I've had a lifelong issue with food so know the downward spiral well. Once you get momentum going, it becomes easier, but you have to remain vigilant. Good luck!
Logging has made a huge difference! I didn't get this big because I had a good eyes for calories. Lol Logging food has been a huge eye opener and has really helped get a handle on intake! I'm thinking about starting up log/journal on that part of the forum.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
You didn’t ask about DNP so you’re an alright dude in my books.

Good luck with the weight loss. There are a lot of guys here who are replete with dietary knowledge if you need help.
I wanted to at least make an intro, before asking how to cook myself from the inside lol. Jk.
Thanks! I have been reading a lot around the forum and I'm excited to get feedback as I progress and contribute on things as I can!

Bomb10shell

Lady Member
Reaction score
Welcome! It works if you do 😊 but you have us all in your corner now. Looking forward to your progress!

New Threads