Help educate me on carbs

Reaction score
Your muscles used the stored glycogen IN THAT MUSCLE, not the glucose floating around in your blood.

And you will perform better with full glycogen stores, because you'll be able to perform the task longer.

If your glycogen stores get low, you get sluggish because your body can't produce ATP as quickly as needed, so you get fatigued quickly.

And no, your muscles can never be fully depleted of glycogen, your body won't allow that. Fatigue sets in well before. I forget the numbers, but I'm confident that you never even get down to half full. In fact, you need full glycogen stores to grow optimally, as your body senses when they're low, in addition to simply having subpar workouts.

Carbs are incredibly important to athletes, and those trying to grow.
So how do I know if my glycogen stores are full? But not spilling over making me a fat fuck . I get fat easy as shit. I have to eat super duper strict or I start climbing the scales as soon as I ease of the "gas" and eat a few carbs lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So how do I know if my glycogen stores are full? But not spilling over making me a fat fuck . I get fat easy as shit. I have to eat super duper strict or I start climbing the scales as soon as I ease of the "gas" and eat a few carbs lol
Well, almost no carbs ever get stored as fat, so there's that. And that's not an opinion, it's a lab studied fact. Less than 2% of carbs ever get stored as fat when subjects were studied in a calorie surplus. The fats you eat will be what's stored as fat, the carbs get burned fur energy. But, I get your point.

Pay attention to the scale, the mirror, how your clothes fit, and your gym progress. You don't get fat overnight. Make adjustments when necessary.

Reaction score
Well, almost no carbs ever get stored as fat, so there's that. And that's not an opinion, it's a lab studied fact. Less than 2% of carbs ever get stored as fat when subjects were studied in a calorie surplus. The fats you eat will be what's stored as fat, the carbs get burned fur energy. But, I get your point.

Pay attention to the scale, the mirror, how your clothes fit, and your gym progress. You don't get fat overnight. Make adjustments when necessary.
I had to read that like 5 times I couldn't belive my eyes. I've been eating pretty much straight protein. Low fats and minimal carbs. Like I'll eat a microwaved potato with my 8oz of chicken breast for lunch. Like strict as fuck. I'm deathly afraid of getting fat again. But I also feel weak and no libido. But maybe I'll bump up the carbs slowly and see what happens

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I had to read that like 5 times I couldn't belive my eyes. I've been eating pretty much straight protein. Low fats and minimal carbs. Like I'll eat a microwaved potato with my 8oz of chicken breast for lunch. Like strict as fuck. I'm deathly afraid of getting fat again. But I also feel weak and no libido. But maybe I'll bump up the carbs slowly and see what happens

You're more than likely undereating. Your body is more than likely converting that protein you're eating into glucose and ketone bodies for fuel, it's the body's survival mechanisms during times of famine.

You feel weak because your body thinks that food is scarce, that starving to death is a possibility, so it's conserving energy. It has no idea that you're doing this on purpose.

Btw, excess protein does not turn to fat either, in any meaningful way. Also studied and shown to be the case.

Reaction score
Most people know shit about carbs . Look at it as a car u don’t need a full tank of gas to go hard and full
Speed
I agree with you..

I can go almost carb less and have energy to go thru my whole workout. Also I never had an issue before getting a nice full look.. and vascular..

On the other side I have eaten a nice moderate amount of carbs and have had the same results.

2 summers ago following a diet someone put together for me I was eating between 200&300 carbs a day at one point and I was still dropping weight.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Another reason why carbs are important... If you drastically cut them, your body's ability to produce T3, thyroid hormone, drastically lowers.

Lower T3 means a lower metabolism, so you're shooting yourself in the foot if you're going very low carb to lose fat.

Avoid extreme diets!!!

Reaction score
Another reason why carbs are important... If you drastically cut them, your body's ability to produce T3, thyroid hormone, drastically lowers.

Lower T3 means a lower metabolism, so you're shooting yourself in the foot if you're going very low carb to lose fat.

Avoid extreme diets!!!
Think this is why I'm not getting erections? I feel a-sexual right now lol. Hot gf that I don't want to even do anything too. But on the other hand I feel like I spill over unless I'm strick as fuck. It's frustrating to find that balance i suppose

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Think this is why I'm not getting erections? I feel a-sexual right now lol. Hot gf that I don't want to even do anything too. But on the other hand I feel like I spill over unless I'm strick as fuck. It's frustrating to find that balance i suppose

I have no idea, that's above my pay grade. You'd need bloodwork to try to piece that together.

Reaction score
I count calories and protein, I have been doing this for years, that's all what matters in my experience. I tried counting macros and all different splits and carnivore diet at one point, it all works as long as calories are dialed in. Doesn't make much of a difference. I like to keep it simple.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I count calories and protein, I have been doing this for years, that's all what matters in my experience. I tried counting macros and all different splits and carnivore diet at one point, it all works as long as calories are dialed in. Doesn't make much of a difference. I like to keep it simple.

I'll mostly agree. It's not ALL that matters, but it's far and away the most important thing to get right.

Reaction score
I'll mostly agree. It's not ALL that matters, but it's far and away the most important thing to get right.
I agree, especially if competing then it's not enough. Everyone is different and might need totally different diet approach. Besides there are diabetics and such who need to put in a lot more attention to whay they're eating.

Reactions: CJ

New Threads