Hi everyone

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. ^-^

I have mostly done aerobics in the past, and also a bit of figure skating, but I have been curious about strength training for some time, and I have decided to start trying it in the near future.
I am only about 5'0 and weight 98 lbs, so I am quite on the small side, and I guess this has been one reason for why I have felt intimidated by gyms, but this has started to turn more into curiosity, and I am looking forward to it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground, you'll enjoy strength training

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. ^-^

I have mostly done aerobics in the past, and also a bit of figure skating, but I have been curious about strength training for some time, and I have decided to start trying it in the near future.
I am only about 5'0 and weight 98 lbs, so I am quite on the small side, and I guess this has been one reason for why I have felt intimidated by gyms, but this has started to turn more into curiosity, and I am looking forward to it.
Whale cum friend

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You'll enjoy it from the start since it's something new. Keep it simple and short and you'll enjoy it for a long time. Not everyone in a commercial gym intends on stepping on stage so don't be intimidated by anyone. Your goals are different than theirs.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I am looking forward to it. :)

You'll enjoy it from the start since it's something new. Keep it simple and short and you'll enjoy it for a long time. Not everyone in a commercial gym intends on stepping on stage so don't be intimidated by anyone. Your goals are different than theirs.
I believe I have experienced a bit of "gymtimidation", as it is called;
I have followed a friend on cardio at gyms a couple times, but I can get self-conscious about my short height and overall small build when I am at the free weight sections, since several people there are men who are much bigger than me, so that could feel a bit unsettling, at least when I felt like I was alone with one of them there.
But my friend has assured me that she has never felt uneasy, and that she has always been treated well, so this is one reason why I am feeling comfortable with starting strength training there.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I am looking forward to it. :)

I believe I have experienced a bit of "gymtimidation", as it is called;
I have followed a friend on cardio at gyms a couple times, but I can get self-conscious about my short height and overall small build when I am at the free weight sections, since several people there are men who are much bigger than me, so that could feel a bit unsettling, at least when I felt like I was alone with one of them there.
But my friend has assured me that she has never felt uneasy, and that she has always been treated well, so this is one reason why I am feeling comfortable with starting strength training there.
I can assure you that nobody cares about how much you lift.

Men only think about one thing.

Reaction score
I can assure you that nobody cares about how much you lift.

Men only think about one thing.
I am not too worried about what I lift;
the main reason why I have been a bit nervous about gyms has been that I have heard some cases of harassment at gyms, and I would feel really uneasy if a man there tried to hit on me in a disrespectful way or something like that, especially if he were a lot taller and bigger than me.
It is mainly because of my friend's positive experiences at that gym that I have started to feel comfortable with going there.

Reaction score
I am not too worried about what I lift;
the main reason why I have been a bit nervous about gyms has been that I have heard some cases of harassment at gyms, and I would feel really uneasy if a man there tried to hit on me in a disrespectful way or something like that, especially if he were a lot taller and bigger than me.
It is mainly because of my friend's positive experiences at that gym that I have started to feel comfortable with going there.
Yea. I wouldn’t worry about that either. Guys self-police each other with that type of thing. If a guy makes you uncomfortable go find a bigger guy and tell him. Those problems work themselves out. There’s enough good guys left.

Reaction score
Yea. I wouldn’t worry about that either. Guys self-police each other with that type of thing. If a guy makes you uncomfortable go find a bigger guy and tell him. Those problems work themselves out. There’s enough good guys left.
That is true, I just feel that I need to be careful in those situations, since there is too much power difference and everything.
But my friend's experiences have always been very positive, so that is great.

New Threads