high glucose on blood work confusion?

supreme666leader

Reaction score
looking over old bloodwork from two years ago when i wasnt on anything but lifting pretty light regularly.

on the comprehensive metabolic panel glucose comes up at 129 which seems very high but on a seperate page theres mean plasma glucose is 91 which is right in range and A1c was 4.8%, i even called to ask about that high result and they said dont worry about it you're nowhere near diabetic. I understand bloodwork alot more now since getting into this stuff and reading this site so finally took a look at it.

of course when i google the symptoms for being diabetic it says always being hungry, thirsty, having to piss alot but don't we all feel that way from how we train? I'm not crazy thirsty but more hungry of course because im cutting.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Pay attention to your blood insulin levels also.

Blood glucose in range looks good, but if your body is pumping out large amounts of insulin to get and keep you there, that's no bueno.

Best case scenario is blood glucose in range, with low blood insulin. Then you'll be pretty insulin sensitive, which is what you want to be.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Would that level be on the blood work? i didnt see that. or worded differently?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Would that level be on the blood work? i didnt see that. or worded differently?
It's not on every test I gef, but I've seen it on a few of mine. Probably part of a broader package of tests.

Screenshot-20210718-204641-Chrome.jpg

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Yes do not have that result. Just got off anavar think ill wait a few weeks go to dr see where im at. Would it also be a good idea to drop creatine? Ill just be on 150mg test per week, protein, caffeine thats it and vitamins.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes do not have that result. Just got off anavar think ill wait a few weeks go to dr see where im at. Would it also be a good idea to drop creatine? Ill just be on 150mg test per week, protein, caffeine thats it and vitamins.
I wouldn't worry about creatine. In I recall correctly, it can elevate creatinine levels slightly, but you'll know the reason....hard exercise also raises creatinine as well.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Yes just dont want to give dr reason to panic and try to prescribe med or refer me to more drs. Guess i could mention supps but not the hard stuff

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about creatine. In I recall correctly, it can elevate creatinine levels slightly, but you'll know the reason....hard exercise also raises creatinine as well.
So does AAS.

AAS can also raise glucose due to the increased glycogenolysis and increased insulin sensitivity. Increased lypolysis can also be a factor.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
i wasnt on anything 2 yrs ago ... first started aas in april ... guess prohormone use 7-10 yrs ago counts as aas use too. but was clean 2 yrs ago for blood test.

New Threads