How much test is too much test

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Got my bloodwork in. Had a 2860 test score. Talked to the doc, pretty much rediculous conversation. Shes cool af but thought anything over a 2k test is over kill. Said "youre either anabolic or catabolic... once you reach 2000+ its pretty much useless from my medical standpoint."

This raises a legit question. I achieved these levels by 500mg test e a week. Ive superdosed at 1g weekly in the past, but for what? Im claiming too many people over use test and underappreciate the importance of their secondary or tertiary stacked anabolics. They obviously have way different effects on the individual anabolically as they dont register on the hormonal panel. Weve appreciated this sentiment in the use of trenbolone, but other anabolics seem to be overlooked.

Nandrolone for instance has gained a "bad wrap" regarding this philosophy. Old school perspective always says "dose you're test higher than your deca." But why? Prolactin levels will increase regardless. So what does it matter if u have a 1500 testosterone score on your panel or a 2500 one?

Sides are sides and go way beyond the conventional "side stepping and manipulation" of drugs without true understanding of how those drugs are effecting your serum levels ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.

Just looking for intellectual thought regarding this....

Last edited:

monster-ish

Reaction score
I agree that at a certain point it has to pointless to dose so highly. I myself prefer to stay in the 500-600mg/week range and run my other compounds higher

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Is your doctor an endocrinologist or a general practitioner?

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Aside from elevated BP, severe oily skin, bad crit, RBC and reduced GFR with zero sex drive I cannot find a reason to run over 500mgs/week.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Prolactin doesn't really come from 19nors like many believe although deca might have a slight effect bc it does aromatize a little. It's aromatization and interaction with the estradiol receptor that causes prolactin not necessarily 19nors.

The higher the test levels the more the results are up to a point of diminishing returns. It's the same with any compound. Your doc answered your question from a medical standpoint but there's no medical standpoint for using steroids beyond TRT.

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are we generally saying the higher the testosterone level the more anabolic we become? And how about all of these other steroids? How do we measure their efficacy. Im not trying to prove anyone wrong bc i generally dont know. But many people here claim others throw out "bro science" and this and that....im just wondering if they have a different perspective. Bc all of these dosing questions are kind of pragmatic in nauture. You can give people a baseline but other than that....there is an element of on an "individual to individual" basis.

Like tren. How much do we really need and what is it directly effecting to make us more anabolic? It doesnt show up on a serum test....so how do we know what its raising and how much of it we need? Get what im saying?

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are we generally saying the higher the testosterone level the more anabolic we become? And how about all of these other steroids? How do we measure their efficacy. Im not trying to prove anyone wrong bc i generally dont know. But many people here claim others throw out "bro science" and this and that....im just wondering if they have a different perspective. Bc all of these dosing questions are kind of pragmatic in nauture. You can give people a baseline but other than that....there is an element of on an "individual to individual" basis.

Like tren. How much do we really need and what is it directly effecting to make us more anabolic? It doesnt show up on a serum test....so how do we know etf its raising and how much of it we need? Get what im saying?

You aren't going to find much in the way of peer reviewed research into using steroids for performance enhancement. WADA has seen to silencing the truth about such things.

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I look like a different person on 1 gram of test than I do 500mg.
Lol...well thats fair enough. But thats kind of my inital point in regard to using the test to create that anabolic environment and then increasing the dosages on the stacked drugs to maximize gains without having the testoterone related signs like prolactin and estradiol issues.

Ive never ran 1000mg of test without stacking it. Everytime i blow the phuck up...but my bloods were not as impressive as i hoped for on 500mg test only....if i would of went in last summer on all the tren i was on they probably would of sent me to the hosptial lbs. I guess im getting more intuitive and conscientious of my health now in my middle age 🙄.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...well thats fair enough. But thats kind of my inital point in regard to using the test to create that anabolic environment and then increasing the dosages on the stacked drugs to maximize gains without having the testoterone related signs like prolactin and estradiol issues.

Ive never ran 1000mg of test without stacking it. Everytime i blow the phuck up...but my bloods were not as impressive as i hoped for on 500mg test only....if i would of went in last summer on all the tren i was on they probably would of sent me to the hosptial lbs. I guess im getting more intuitive and conscientious of my health now in my middle age 🙄.

Yeah I am getting up there and don't blast like I used to either. But good God on 1.2 grams of test I looked ****ing unhuman. I never had sides like elevated e2. I may have taken a total of 2mg adex in my life. Just lucky.

Now a days I am happy to blast on 200 test and maybe 400 tren if that.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Yeah I am getting up there and don't blast like I used to either. But good God on 1.2 grams of test I looked ****ing unhuman. I never had sides like elevated e2. I may have taken a total of 2mg adex in my life. Just lucky.

making me want to up my test from 750 to 1000 hmmm...

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

In 15 years of messing with all of this i have used aromasin for probably a 3 month period. I apparently need it now bc my estrogen came back elevated....not horrible but not good.

I just got a script for armidex. I never have any real bad sides. Sometimes a lil water retention or higher bp....but aside from that nothing. Its been about 18 mos since i had my bloods ran. There was a remarkable difference from last time to this time...i honestly attribute it to aging.

I guess it got me thinking. I feel very confident regarding most issues in relation to the subject matter. But it definitely is profound when u stare at all of your levels on paper and begin to navigate through them.

Makes u wonder what the definitive truth really is. Could i achieve the same result by approaching what im doing differently, in a safer manner? How do i achieve longevity moving forward? What do i really need to look for all banter and speculation aside?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Do it man. Seriously. Nobody gets to call themselves a joocehead till they done it. The difference is often profound.

Only thing I'm worried about is this ****in monster in my pants, I am already horny as **** 24/7 I get hard for no reason, shits ridiculous lol. I'm probably gonna do it though...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In 15 years of messing with all of this i have used aromasin for probably a 3 month period. I apparently need it now bc my estrogen came back elevated....not horrible but not good.

I just got a script for armidex. I never have any real bad sides. Sometimes a lil water retention or higher bp....but aside from that nothing. Its been about 18 mos since i had my bloods ran. There was a remarkable difference from last time to this time...i honestly attribute it to aging.

I guess it got me thinking. I feel very confident regarding most issues in relation to the subject matter. But it definitely is profound when u stare at all of your levels on paper and begin to navigate through them.

Makes u wonder what the definitive truth really is. Could i achieve the same result by approaching what im doing differently, in a safer manner? How do i achieve longevity moving forward? What do i really need to look for all banter and speculation aside?

Well if you attribute the changes to aging then I would stop thinking about it there. Even if you never picked up some gear you would still be seeing declining numbers.

I like to think that as we all age I will fare better than most others. I don't have to worry about things like loss of bone density, sarcopenia, loss of balance and falls resulting in injury.

I focus on keeping my risk factors for disease as low as possible given the fact that I like high doses of test. You are on the right track. Having bloodwork done is a great start.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
No such thing as too much test.

I look like a different person on 1 gram of test than I do 500mg.

I have to agree.

For me, once I hit a gram of test, that's when the magic happens. I have done test only cycles between 1-1.5 grams and had better results than some stacks of 3 or more compounds that I have ran. I am not saying that someone can't get better results using other compounds but for me test has always come through. Its cheap as fuk to run and I know how my body reacts to it. I watch guys out there spend a grand on a cycle while I can spend 1/3 of that and look better lol.

Everyone is different but I have to disagree with anyone who says that you won't get better results by running more than 500mg/wk.