I found out want wrong with me

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bigarexia, Megarexia,MDM (muscle dysmorphia)

Being preoccupied with muscle development may involve a disturbance in body image similar to anorexia. Bigorexia (muscular dysmorphia) is now affecting hundreds of thousands of men. For some men muscle development is such a complete preoccupation that they will miss important events, continue training through pain or broken bones, even lose their job rather than interrupt their physical development schedule. Curiously, these same men are not in love with their bodies. Despite a well developed physique they are unlikely to show it off and will shy away from situations that expose their bodies.

I heard this on the radio today, it must be what's wrong with me. I don't see it as a problem, I see it as a solution. It has helped me and my family lead a healthier lifestyle, so what if its an obsession.

What do you guys think?

GuerillaKilla

Peanut Butter ****Sock
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think youre probably one sexy motherfucker with MDM, thats what I think.

I also think its better than you being carried on "disability" by honest, taxpaying Americans because you are too fat or lazy to work, and demand a handicap placard because you feel your fat ass shouldnt have to walk more than 20 feet to the store.

Sorry, i dont see it as a problem.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like the way you think GK.

I bench 135x5

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I won't lie. My whole day revolves around being as heavy as I can. If I know there is scale in a room there is absolutely no way I cannot get in it. My entire well being depends on how big I am lol.

I have a real problem

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I am feeling this more then ever now.........at only 206, I was up to 210 at the peak of my Test Cycle........now losing those 4 pounds I feel small. Suckssss...........

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It is truly a sickness.

Poof

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hate to hear this, is there a treatment, or a cure?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hate to hear this, is there a treatment, or a cure?

sure is: MORE ROIDS=GET BIGGER!

i think most guys at one time in their life, wishes they were huge, or could just kick the shit out of everyone! both take work.. and in most cases chemicals YAY!

its not an issue just as long as it doesnt impact ur life in a negative way ie: not going on a date with the wife cause u gota lift, or something like that :)

don draco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can call it a 'sickness,' but I don't think it's a problem unless you allow it to become one.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm like a chocohaulic...but for biggz.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It is problem for sure. I am trying to come to terms with it myself. When I am too big I look weird, people say I look weird, but I like the way I feel. Hmmm what to do.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So now being in shape is a disease? What the fuck. This country is so fucked up.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So now being in shape is a disease? What the fuck. This country is so fucked up.

When I was a kid there was always 1 or 2 fat kids. Now days there are only a few kids that aren't fat. I want my kids to stay one of he few healthy ones. I choose to lead by example and if my condition comes with a liable then fuck it, it makes my kids healthier.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid there was always 1 or 2 fat kids. Now days there are only a few kids that aren't fat. I want my kids to stay one of he few healthy ones. I choose to lead by example and if my condition comes with a liable then fuck it, it makes my kids healthier.

Label. Stupid phone.

Reaction score
I must have this too!

I'm late for most everything, and if I'm lifting, I'll definitely be late!

It drives my wife NUTS!!! and me too, but I'd rather LIFT THAN BE ON TIME!!!

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
During my childhood and into my late teens I weighed 150lbs soaking wet at 5'10". I was scrawny with long limbs. Now 10 years later and up about 45lbs I still feel small even though others tell me I am big. My goal is to get to 215 within the next couple of years. But even then will I feel "big"?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Body image is a beyatch. I remember when I wanted to be 190 Lbs with abs :)

Easy to understand how "big enough" becomes "never big enough".

New Threads