I just saw a few of you in a commercial

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
LOL, very funny. 😂

I'm so sick of seeing that commercial with the gay guy who has a really long, skinny, stupid looking beard. If he indeed posts here, I just want to say I don't like him at all.

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I had to look it up, don’t use cable so I don’t see commercials. I hadn’t heard of that particular “brand”.

Opinions may vary, obviously I’m biased, but for people who don’t know: PrEP is a highly effective treatment for preventing the spread of HIV. I explain further below. But as always, feel free to skip it.

For what it’s worth, “Prep” is a factor in why HIV rates have declined 8% since 2019 (since 1984, transmission rates have declined by 73%!). The death rate has dropped 80% since 1995. Currently 50 is the median age for someone diagnosed with HIV, which means people are living longer and it’s spread amongst young people has declined.

22% of the transmissions annually occur during heterosexual encounters.

But prep like this is why 56% of those with diagnosed HIV have blood levels listed as undetectable. Thus far, undetectable means it is not transmissible.

For some, the idea may be that they wish HIV was a more lethal plague.

But, these advancements are saving lives. Consider women who contract HIV, yes, you’re more likely to receive HIV through male gay sex, but, 23% of those with HIV are women. Some of that may be misuse of needles, but a lot of that is from a partner who somewhere along the chain contracted it.

As of 2022, more “straight” (air quotes for the justifiably skeptic) men were diagnosed with HIV than gay men in the UK, because of the uptake in Prep amongst gays, while heterosexual men don’t consider prep an essential protection.

I’d argue a treatment that saves lives and provides a higher quality of life is inherently a good thing. Cringey commercials not withstanding, but we all suffer through awkward commercials about grinning horny old people flying kites and spinning pottery too.

Last edited:

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I had to look it up, don’t use cable so I don’t see commercials. I hadn’t heard of that particular “brand”.

Opinions may vary, obviously I’m biased, but for people who don’t know: PrEP is a highly effective treatment for preventing the spread of HIV. I explain further below. But as always, feel free to skip it.

For what it’s worth, “Prep” is a factor in why HIV rates have declined 8% since 2019 (since 1984, transmission rates have declined by 73%!). The death rate has dropped 80% since 1995. Currently 50 is the median age for someone diagnosed with HIV, which means people are living longer and it’s spread amongst young people has declined.

22% of the transmissions annually occur during heterosexual encounters.

But prep like this is why 56% of those with diagnosed HIV have blood levels listed as undetectable. Thus far, undetectable means it is not transmissible.

For some, the idea may be that they wish HIV was a more lethal plague.

But, these advancements are saving lives. Consider women who contract HIV, yes, you’re more likely to receive HIV through male gay sex, but, 23% of those with HIV are women. Some of that may be misuse of needles, but a lot of that is from a partner who somewhere along the chain contracted it.

As of 2022, more “straight” (air quotes for the justifiably skeptic) men were diagnosed with HIV than gay men in the UK, because of the uptake in Prep amongst gays, while heterosexual men don’t consider prep an essential protection.

I’d argue a treatment that saves lives and provides a higher quality of life is inherently a good thing. Cringey commercials not withstanding, but we all suffer through awkward commercials about grinning horny old people flying kites and spinning pottery too.
I remember when aids 1st came about, my 3rd grade teacher a male was healthy as can be, we go into summer, comeback in the fall but he wasn't there, he died that September.

It happend that fast, while some suffered much longer.

The best female friend and family I grew up with her brother and friend of mine died of hiv before all these things were available. I know she wished it was around for him, she watched him suffer bad of hepatitis and hiv.

So, I have personal experiences with people effected, I was basically using the commercial as a way to jokingly call the guys here fags lol.

I joke a ton but also live, born and raised in Northern California, know some people and seen some stuff.

My teacher was a good person, kind, he lived in San Francisco but worked in San Jose, you wouldn't know he was gay by looking at him.

I got a lot of stories from all these years being out here. The one that hit home the most is Frankie, I knew him and his entire family since 2nd grade, his sister and I were extremely close.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Just had a thought, my generation always played around calling each fags and all kinds of gay stuff.

I'm wonder if it was how we broke the cycle of our parents and the older generations that were more hateful, mean, cruel and even brutal about it.

I had 2 friends they were brothers, one gay. Their father was such an asshole and mean about it he told him when he turns 18 he will sell the house and move not telling him where. I had an argument with their father about it my junior year in high school.

Sure as shit on his father kept his word.

By the way, my youngest daughter I did all the traveling soccer with is lesbian, she come out in high school. Doesn't hit home closer then that.

Just don't want my jokes taken the wrong way!

Reaction score
I got an idea…

How bout use a condom with different partners.

Then gay or straight… when you find someone that you settle down with or are in a long term monogamous relationship .. then you can get away with not runners..
Till the if you use a condom. Gay or straight then you are playing a dangerous game.

Btw i remember years and years ago when I went to rehab .. I had to do a hiv test. It was protocol for the rehab..

When the nurse did it she asked me if I had gay sex what not..
I told her no..
She asked if I used needles or had sex with women who use needles and told her no…
She asked me if I had unpertected and I told her I did with a few women but they were safe..

She said then I should be good because ii statistically is much harder for a women to give a guy hiv if you just have reg sex..

True or not. I don’t know. Never looked it up..

But even those other commercials for the hiv meds..

I mean come on bro.. I don’t care someone is gay. But geezus. If you have a partner who has hiv you are fucking crazy if you don’t use perfection..

We have a women who we know..

Her husband cheated on her. Make it female I don’t know.. anyway he gave her hiv…
This happened prob 15/20 years ago..
Of course she kicked him to the curb.

Besides her being really skinny she is fine.
She is married now to a guy and has been for years..
he is fine.. I am sure she is on some preventative drugs and I am going to say that in the heat of the moment and being married they prob don’t use perfection..
Or maybe they do. Who knows never asked and probably never will.

Point being if someone does catch it. It sucks but there is life after..

But whoever. Be smart.

Don’t be Silly
Wrap Your Willy… 🤘

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
The aids epidemic of the 80s. Another situation Fauci was in charge of where he killed way more people than helped.

I swear, govt is the only place where the worse you are at a job, the longer you keep it.

crido887

Reaction score
The aids epidemic of the 80s. Another situation Fauci was in charge of where he killed way more people than helped.

I swear, govt is the only place where the worse you are at a job, the longer you keep it.
After working with clinical trials with people in their deathbed. It's a shitty situation. No judgement toward or in defense of Fauci on my end.

Those people who died for clinical trials and subjected themselves as guinea pigs didn't have much of a choice as they faced death's door step.

I honestly honor the people who suffered a little more prior to death. All in efforts to try to find a fix for their diseases.

We wouldnt have the treatments that we have today for chronic viral infections, cancer, and autoimmune if it wasnt for the sacrifice of those patients.

Nowadays you never hear of AIDS... Only HIV

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
After working with clinical trials with people in their deathbed. It's a shitty situation. No judgement toward or in defense of Fauci on my end.

Those people who died for clinical trials and subjected themselves as guinea pigs didn't have much of a choice as they faced death's door step.

I honestly honor the people who suffered a little more prior to death. All in efforts to try to find a fix for their diseases.

We wouldnt have the treatments that we have today for chronic viral infections, cancer, and autoimmune if it wasnt for the sacrifice of those patients.

Nowadays you never hear of AIDS... Only HIV
They didnt really do any clinical trials on AZT. It just made a lot of money so they pushed it hard.

Trials came later and proved how horrendously toxic and ineffective it was.

Reader591

Reaction score
LOL, very funny. 😂

I'm so sick of seeing that commercial with the gay guy who has a really long, skinny, stupid looking beard. If he indeed posts here, I just want to say I don't like him at all.
Easy. I got paid well.

$100 bucks and free lunch….

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Are you judging me by my race?

I identify as what I want. I see no color.

Cheap? That’s the best I’ve ever done Mr Banks.

In a way, I wonder if this is society's next frontier. 😂👍

I had a teacher in high school who's best friend was on an embarrassing Judge Judy episode. I think he got paid a few grand, flown to Chicago and ate free meals for a few days.

Reader591

Reaction score
In a way, I wonder if this is society's next frontier. 😂👍

I had a teacher in high school who's best friend was on an embarrassing Judge Judy episode. I think he got paid a few grand, flown to Chicago and ate free meals for a few days.
Haha probably is.

That’s crazy. Not too bad for a few days off.

I saw her show the other day, was surprised it’s still on. She’s been 60 for 20 years I swear…..

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Haha probably is.
I could be racial fluid. 🤔

That’s crazy. Not too bad for a few days off.

I saw her show the other day, was surprised it’s still on. She’s been 60 for 20 years I swear…..

I've noticed that about her too. She just always looks the same.

Howie Long was 42 for about 15 years. It's crazy how some people can maintain a look like that.

cavorite

Reaction score
Just had a thought, my generation always played around calling each fags and all kinds of gay stuff.

I'm mid-40s and I still do this with my friends from HS and college. Insulting each other is about 90% of our interactions, and it's still fun as hell. We also got it from sports coaches, etc. It was just a part of growing up. Kids today could use it honestly.

It was never really directed at actual gay people. More of a bonding thing for straight guys, weirdly.

Like this. It's just funny.

New Threads