Intense test only cycle side effects

Reaction score
Hey board. On trt for a couple of years, 200mg/week mon & thur pin, .25mg adex on each pin day.
Decided to blast at double test cyp and adex. 400mg/week mon & thur pin, .5mg adex on each pin day. Thats 100mgs short of the standard recommend 500mg/week first cycle run. The extra test cyp I got is from Beligas if that matters.

One week in I have severe water bloat, aggression, depression, anxiety, and an over all life sucks feeling. Don’t even feel motivated for the gym.
Question: too much or too little AI? Are these symptoms of too high estrogen or too low? I don’t want to abandon my cycle but not sure I can gut it out for 10 weeks (or my wife).

45years old, training serious since 2017, diet, sleep, all in order for the most part.

let me know what adjustments you think I oughta make, if any. Thanks board.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
I would drop the AI completely, you should not need an AI on a 200mg/wk dose. You probably tanked your estrogen, but only bloodwork will tell.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Nobody can say for sure. It’s likely e2 as the culprit but 1mg/wk on 400mg might be too much for some and too little for others. Signs of both low and high e2 are similar with the exception of joint pain likely with low e2.

You need bloodwork. Certainly something that can be easily remedied with the proper information.

What was your e2 on your trt protocol? I’m happy to guess at what’s going on, but it’s just that: an educated guess.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I would drop the AI completely, you should not need an AI on a 200mg/wk dose. You probably tanked your estrogen, but only bloodwork will tell.

If I had to guess one or the other I’d agree with Boogie.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If I had to guess one or the other I’d agree with Boogie.

As would I, but again, a complete guess.

I highly suggest bloodwork to see what's going on internally, but if you don't, try dropping the Adex and see what happens over the next week or two.

sfw509

Reaction score
I know it's different for everyone, but what would you consider "tanked" e2? If I remember in range is about 8-40 pg/ml.

When my test is holding steady in the 1200-1300 range I'm using .5 of adex the day after dosing, and that keeps me around 15-18 pg/ml with no negative side effects.

Just curious about others experience.

Reaction score
My e2 on trt is about 12. That’s why I figured if I double the test I’ll double the adex and that should keep my e2 about the same. But it seems bloodwork is in order. How does everyone do bloods outside of their trt routine labs?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My e2 on trt is about 12. That’s why I figured if I double the test I’ll double the adex and that should keep my e2 about the same. But it seems bloodwork is in order. How does everyone do bloods outside of their trt routine labs?

yeah, you’ve definitely crashed your e2. Stop taking adex.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah, it doesn't exactly work that way. You're not baking a cake. Get labs done.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On trt I’ve been keeping mine in the mid to high 20s. Any lower and my joints start to scream at me

Reaction score
Ok, its very obvious what has happened here. Story time. About a year ago I ran 500mg test cyp and got all antsy about gyno. So I took 1/4 tab arimidex 3x per week. And you know what? I crashed my fking estrogen. Hard. Garbage libido, irritable, no gains, etc. The problem with these guys saying "oh well you have to keep estrogen in normal range blah blah blah" is that things like gyno and other sides are due to an IMBALANCE in the RATIO of androgen to estrogens. Not JUST estrogen. So when you see these guys running a gram of test with no ai or sides, its because their estrogen and androgen RATIO is balanced, REGARDLESS of if their estrogen is higher than the average. If you are an unlucky SOB with a genetic Polymorphism that causes you to aromatise test into estrogen at a higher than normal rate, at some point you may need an AI. But bro, lose the AI. You crashed your estrogen. Go back to TRT and wait a month or so until your estrogen comes back and then try the cycle again. Without an AI!