John Haack - 2205 @ 198

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
How has no one posted this yet??? Where's all my raw guys at???

This is just, well, staggering. 738 - 580 - 887 all time world record total at 198 AND also beats the best raw totals at 220 and 242 EVER. There are no words.

Here's a vid of his performance on Saturday. Ignore the voiceover.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
What a monster

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

FearThaGear

Reaction score
I wonder what he could do if he actually applied himself....

JK. Holy hell that dude is strong 👍

Trendkill

Reaction score
I would be very interested to see what he could do at 220. His squat would obviously benefit the most. 800-600-900? It's all speculation but those would be realistic numbers for him with some additional bodyweight. Sometimes the deadlift can suffer from that but he has such long arms I don't think it would be a big deal.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
fuck his DL pulls are so fucking fast

Trendkill

Reaction score
Browner and Grigsby both attempted 1003lb deadlifts in this meet too. Both missed at lockout.

Steeeve

Reaction score
Double quad strain possible double partial tear (his words not mine) on that last squat and then he still hits that dead. Built different confirmed.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
He got injured in this meet but it'll be interesting to see what he does after. He has more in the tank. Personally, I'd like to see him wrap those knees and get after a monster squat.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
MBB? I coach a couple kids there its a great gym
Yup. Was there in it's inception when Curtis first opened it. We all came from the same original gym. People still parking across the street for MBB? I know the owners across the street used to bitch a bit from us parking there. I haven't been there in years and not sure any of my old training buddies are still there.

If you think MBB is electric you should have been around before it's time. The original spot we came from had Oly lifters (US World Team), National Level SM, and World Champion PLers. That lil shit hole was the best years of my lifting.

Steeeve

Reaction score
Yup. Was there in it's inception when Curtis first opened it. We all came from the same original gym. People still parking across the street for MBB? I know the owners across the street used to bitch a bit from us parking there. I haven't been there in years and not sure any of my old training buddies are still there.

If you think MBB is electric you should have been around before it's time. The original spot we came from had Oly lifters (US World Team), National Level SM, and World Champion PLers. That lil shit hole was the best years of my lifting.
I'm currently located in Central Fl. I do online programming for some guys up there and know of the gym for sure for sure. It's good to hear the history on it, it's on my list of gyms to visit

PZT

Elite
Reaction score

this sounds delicious

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
His full name is t John hackasper is it?

Trendkill

Reaction score
Nope. Just John Haack.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
this sounds delicious
You think that place is crazy. The original spot could light up a city with the energy we were putting out. You'd have guys snatching 140kg, others squatting 1k, and still others doing medleys with kegs, sandbags, etc... I miss that place. To bad one woman had to ruin it for everyone.

Trendkill

Reaction score
I get that it’s mostly bodybuilding here but I’ll carry the powerlifting shield forever. It’s just part of who I am. Hopefully we get a few more here that are impressed by this type of stuff. The weights being put up today across the board just blow my mind sometimes.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I get that it’s mostly bodybuilding here but I’ll carry the powerlifting shield forever. It’s just part of who I am. Hopefully we get a few more here that are impressed by this type of stuff. The weights being put up today across the board just blow my mind sometimes.
Used to post updated shit from bodybuilding shows, strongman, pl meets, threads would get almost no interaction.
Post a thread on a var only cycle and it blows up.
Why I don't care to frequent here often anymore.

New Threads