Laptops

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
Looking for an ultra portable, durable laptop. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm not a computer whiz... but those two qualities don't seem to go hand-in-hand. Which one takes priority? Where/When will it used and transported?

PC or Apple?

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have an older sony vaio and it never failed me. But i see a ton of people with hp's and they all seem happy with them, at way less then sony.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
had a tosheba and loved it, never failed me

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Dell Latitude E series is some of the best ratted and I got one on eBay with 2 year warranty for less the $400

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
go to best buy and ask one of those dorks

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My next laptop is gonna be an Apple Mac Book Pro..I want the iPhone 5 too when it's released.

Currently have a Dell, never had any issues with it, just lookin to switch it up.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The cheapest name brand one that you like the look of. Performance is not an issue - every computer is five times as powerful as you'll need unless you're doing video editing. Something with a warranty that works. In Oz we get Dells with a complete cover warranty - that means complete. Coffee on keyboard? No problem. Or the best ever: a disgruntled ex-employee trashed one. Everything got replaced, no charge. One got left on the car roof and then run over by the car behind. They gave up on repairing that one and gave us a new one.

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
I'm not a computer whiz... but those two qualities don't seem to go hand-in-hand. Which one takes priority? Where/When will it used and transported?

PC or Apple?

I'm an Apple addict (laptop) but I've been told that they are over priced ;)

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You said "Ultra portable, durable laptop"! You didn't say "Sexy!" You want sexy, pay more and buy Apple. Gorgeous, but not practical. But if even your cat has an iPhone you have some status to chase!

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
You said "Ultra portable, durable laptop"! You didn't say "Sexy!" You want sexy, pay more and buy Apple. Gorgeous, but not practical. But if even your cat has an iPhone you have some status to chase!
LMAO .... I didn't buy an iPhone because it was trendy but because I use it as a phone, a camera, an iPod and everything else.
I had an Acer laptop before but never liked it.
I like the Toshiba Portege but it's not cheap either. I'll go to Best Buy and I will ask them for advice.

New Threads