Lifestyle and training log

MrBafner

Reaction score
Ive seen you post that she recently went to East Timor. I don’t know the story behind your wife’s work an travel. Can you share or is it private? Sounds like it’s hell on both of you at times.
I'm not allowed to say, it might put lives at risk. But this headline tells you whats going on.

"Aussie troops to head to Afghanistan to rescue hundreds from Kabul​

The rapid advance of the Taliban on Kabul has forced the Government to embark on a mercy dash to Afghanistan to rescue hundreds."

• Wow
Reactions: CJ

MrBafner

Reaction score
A lot has been happening in life .. gym and diet has been ok. I now have solar power and lights in the gym which means I can train a lot longer than what I had been. Also means I can early morning weight sessions.
I have purchased another 80kg of olympic weights for the leg press .. I stacked it to 360kg and did 10 reps.
My wife is now out of the Afghanistan thing and luckily only flew into Kabul several times and helped load refugees onto the C17 aircraft and return to safety .. the last time she flew out of Kabul was when a bomber blew himself and killed all those people, the plane she was on had left 30 minutes prior - wow.
On the down side I was driving to a bodybuilding posing session that the IFBB was hosting and travelling along a major road, the elderly driver who was 85yo that was in front of me slammed on his brakes and come to a complete halt. No vehicles in front of him, completely deaf and no hearing aid, his wife screaming at him and telling me that they just had the brakes repaired .. WTF?
Of course I slammed on my brakes and just hit their tow ball causing what appeared to be minimal damage (photo attached).
Unfortunately for me, the car I was driving the insurance had lapsed .. my wife does all of that stuff. Received the repair bill that is for just over $4,800.
They replaced the rear bumper, boot lid and everything in between. I tried to find a solicitor to fight it, absolutely crazy a person could slam on their brakes from 80km to a complete halt on a major road that didn't have any traffic issues. The law states, even if they brake excessively the person at the rear should be at a distance where they wouldn't hit the vehicle in front of them.
OMG, would never have thought it was $4,800 of damage.
My wife is nearly out of hotel quarantine .. it is just like a jail cell in a hotel. She isn't allowed to past the front door, is no open windows and has a whole heap of conditions that are all accompanied with massive monetary fines - smallest being $1000.
Tomorrow is our 25th wedding anniversary and will be spending it alone. Going to do a wicked chest session and biceps session.
Hopefully life will be back to normal soon and can start training / dieting properly.

Attachments

• thumbnail_processed.jpg
    thumbnail_processed.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6

MrBafner

Reaction score
Life is starting to get back to normal now my wife is home. A lot of negative things have happened, but have worked them all out.
Training is aropund 70% and that's ok, I am trying to bulk up a little .. currently sitting on 103kg, around 25% bodyfat.
Diet is pretty sloppy .. again, 70% is good .. probably why I'm around 25% bodyfat. However, the mindset has been pretty shitty the last couple of months and so much to deal with.
Still a few things to get through, but am getting there.
Trained legs and biceps yesterday .. am doing chest and rear delts today.

Here is a video of me doing some leg press in the home gym.

https://www.reddit.com/user/MrBafner/comments/ptjx1e/leg_press2/

MrBafner

Reaction score
As the wifey is constantly changing shift with her work .. I need to adjust my workouts around the time I spend with her.

So times of training is a little different and something I'm not adjusted towards. Workouts will now be shorter - one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Her starting times in the morning are always changing from 4am to 7am and she wants to get back into training like she use too .. so, when she starts at 4am .. we get up at 2am and train for 30 minutes - when she starts at 7am, we train at 5am.

Her alternating weeks she does afternoon shifts .. starts at 2pm and finishes at 10pm .. so the morning workout will be around 8am and the afternoon workout will be around 11pm.

After she goes to work .. I will do a 5km walk with my boy Ned (the dog) .. then when she gets home, she can walk him again for another 5km while I finish work. This is for the morning shift .. when she is on the afternoon shift we will walk the dog together.

Then when I am finished my work for the day I will do the afternoon workout - and the times will always alter. Just trying to get into a routine without any set times put in place - all times are dynamic that can change on a daily basis. Not sure how this will pan out, but willing to give it a try.

MON Morning - Biceps / Calves
Cable EZ Bar Curls - 5x10
One Arm Cable Curls - 5x10
Preacher Curls - 5x10
Leg press calf raises - 5x15
Hacksquat Calf Raise - 3x15

MON Afternoon - Quads
Leg Press - 7x10
Leg Extensions - 7x10
Hack Squat (quad emphasis) - 5x10

TUE Morning - Back
Prone Wide Grip Bent Over Rows - 7x10
Lat Pulldowns - 5x10
DB Incline Row - 5x10
Wide Grip Pull-up - 5x5

TUE Afternoon - Triceps
Close Grip Bench = 5x10
Tricep pushdowns - 5x10
One Arm Tricep Ext - 5x10
Seated Calf Raise - 3x15

WED MORNING - Chest
Incline Bench Press - 5x10
Incline DB Press - 5x10
Decline DB Flys - 5x10
Decline DB Press - 5x10

WED AFTERNOON - Rear Delts
Rear Delt Machine - 5x12
Bent Over Cable Reverse Flys - 5x10
Rope Face Pulls - 5x20

THURS MORNING - hamstrings
Laying Leg Curl - 5x10
Leg Press - 5x10
Stiff Legged Deadlift - 5x10

THURS AFTERNOON - triceps / calves
Cable Tricep Kickbacks - 5x15
Rope Tricep Pushdows (squeeze muscle) - 5x20
Single Arm Tricep Ext Palm Up - 5x10
Seated Calf Raise - 3x15
Hacksquat Calf Raise - 3x15

FRI MORNING - shoulders
Shoulder Press - 5x10
Seated DB Press - 5x10
Side Delt Machine - 5x20
Cable Side Delt Raise - 7x10

FRI AFTERNOON - biceps
EZ Bar Curls - 5x10
DB Curls - 5x12
Preacher Curls - 5x10

SAT - legs / chest
7x10 leg press (feet high)
5x12 leg extension
5x10 incline bench
5x10 incline db press
5x10 decline db press
3x15 cable flys (high)
3x15 cable flys (low)

Diet changes for this workout
200g basa
100g basmati rice

200g basa
100g basmati rice

200g basa
150g asparagus

200g basa
150g asparagus

200g basa
150g mixed vegetables

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You are such a hard worker... but what's more commendable is how you adjust your schedule to make sure you always have time for your family.

That's so admirable... With our hobby it becomes really easy to unintentionally become selfish and unaware that others around us still need us.

Great work man, and excellent log!

MrBafner

Reaction score
Change in workout for a while - moderately heavy weights, occassional heavy set

Front and Rear Delts
Behind Neck Press / Front Shoulder Raise - 4x15
Rear Delt Machine / DB Press - 4x15
Cable Rear Delt Raise / Cable Front Delt Straight One Arm Pushdowns 4x15
Hack Squat Calf Raise - 4x15

Back and Triceps
Prone Wide Grip Bent Over Rows / Cable Kickbacks - 4x15
Lat Pulldowns / Straight Bar Cable Pressdown - 4x15
Prone Close Grip Bent Over Rows / Preacher Curls 4x15
Leg Press Calf Raise - 4x15

Chest / Biceps
Incline Bench Press / EZ Bar Curls - 4x15
cable flys (high & low) / One Arm Cable Curl - 4x15
Pec Deck / Preacher Curls - 4x15

Quads / Hamstrings
Leg Press (high & low) - 4x15
Leg Extensions / Leg Curl - 4x15
Hack Squat- 4x15

Go by feel for any rest days .. this season is mostly in the home gym. I do procastinate a bit, but I get the job done.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Made a mistake in the last one

Front and Rear Delts
Behind Neck Press / Front Shoulder Raise - 4x15
Rear Delt Machine / Seated DB Shoulder Press - 4x15
Cable Rear Delt Raise / Cable Front Delt Straight One Arm Pushdowns 4x15
Hack Squat Calf Raise - 4x15

Back and Triceps
Prone Wide Grip Bent Over Rows / Cable Kickbacks - 4x15
Lat Pulldowns / Straight Bar Cable Pressdown - 4x15
Prone Close Grip Bent Over Rows / Overhead Cable Tricep Extensions - 4x15
Leg Press Calf Raise - 4x15

Chest / Biceps
Incline Bench Press / EZ Bar Curls - 4x15
cable flys (high & low) / One Arm Cable Curl - 4x15
Pec Deck / Preacher Curls - 4x15

Quads / Hamstrings
Leg Press (high & low) - 4x15 (of each)
Leg Extensions / Leg Curl - 4x15
Hack Squat- 4x15

sfw509

Reaction score
I want to go on vacation in your back yard...

MrBafner

Reaction score
I want to go on vacation in your back yard...
People always say live the life you want .. so I made it, shovelled and mixed 64tonne of concrete blend, mixed with over 400 or 500 bags of cement and my wife levelled it out.
Everyday is now like a holiday 😉

MrBafner

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my dog ran out and knocked this lady over on her arse while she was walking on the road. I felt real bad, but damn .. he isn't that heavy.
Today come home and she was sitting on the road crying, make-up and shit all over her face ... her kid continually throws stuff at her or keeps hitting and yelling her, he is 8years old.
Woman says the kids father disagrees and the kid has no issue or violent attitudes.
Nothing I can do or say that can help her .. if I was her I'd get the kid into an active sport, something with a good coach - get him active, clean up his diet and have a positive influence in his life.
Then again, what does this kid see that makes him do that to his mother? .. I don't understand but has been fking with my head all day.
She obviously has issues other than her kid .. but I'm so very glad I'm no part of them, well, until today.

Absolutely nothing I can do, but am going to train rear and front delts soon and not even going to worry about. I don't like being dragged in to other peoples drama.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
A few weeks ago my dog ran out and knocked this lady over on her arse while she was walking on the road. I felt real bad, but damn .. he isn't that heavy.
Today come home and she was sitting on the road crying, make-up and shit all over her face ... her kid continually throws stuff at her or keeps hitting and yelling her, he is 8years old.
Woman says the kids father disagrees and the kid has no issue or violent attitudes.
Nothing I can do or say that can help her .. if I was her I'd get the kid into an active sport, something with a good coach - get him active, clean up his diet and have a positive influence in his life.
Then again, what does this kid see that makes him do that to his mother? .. I don't understand but has been fking with my head all day.
She obviously has issues other than her kid .. but I'm so very glad I'm no part of them, well, until today.

Absolutely nothing I can do, but am going to train rear and front delts soon and not even going to worry about. I don't like being dragged in to other peoples drama.
For any kid to treat his mother that way , there is way more going on at home behind the scenes ,,, just wow. Our mom was fun and like our best friend but if you crossed that line out would come the hair brush and it was allllll over hahahaa. Yeah that little fella has seen and heard way to much is my guess , sounds like the whole family needs some kind of intervention.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Absolutely .. just screws with me, not my problem - never experienced anything like it, but heck cantt imagine what is going on for a kid to that. 5km jog should sort him out lol

MrBafner

Reaction score
Training rear and front delts, is great having a mirror in the gym.

Attachments

• 20211025_190618.jpg
    20211025_190618.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 10

MrBafner

Reaction score
This is a great little workout ... superset with no rest between body parts.

Don1 set if prone back rows and cable kickbacks with no rest between each ... after cable kickbacks have 1 min rest and do again.

Then onto lat pull-down/straight bar tricep ext no rest between each ... 1 min rest after triceps

Just keep going through the workout like that ... feels great, muscles feel great and you can feel the blood moving around.

Have no pre-workout beforehand ... have 600ml freezing cold water with bcaa and glutamate during the workout.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Pretty much sucks getting old ... this sort of thing becomes a common thing. At least 2 times a day ... no need to donate blood, the body cleans itself out.

20211129_152347.jpg

MrBafner

Reaction score
finished training quads .. 200 leg press and 100 leg ext .. they are pretty sore, felt good, so stopped there for tonight.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Trained front and rear delts, weighing 94kg and slowly going down in body fat.
Haven't contributed in a while positively, but all is good and training is going moderately well .. diet is 80% good and 20% crap ... cardio is 1 to 2 hours a day ... sex everyday, sometimes caverject, but mostly just riding on 250mg test a week. Feeling good, am losing a lot of blood from my arse, apparently prostate and other blood work is ok, so just riding it out.

20211201_191541.jpg

New Threads