Looking to learn.

Reaction score
Welcome man! Congrats on such a drastic change and on your sobriety.
We have a number of guys here with checkered pasts when it comes to addiction and I think you'll find a good community here

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That’s awesome, I’m really looking forward to getting to know all of you. I get really geeked about recovery lol.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

There are many of us here who have been where you have been.

What does your current diet and training look like?
Current diet is between 2200-2500 calories per day. I try very hard to track all of my calories accurately and honestly. I use an app on my phone to record all of my food and use a food scale and measuring cups/spoons to be as accurate as possible. I focus on consuming protein, aiming for at least 150 grams per day. My diet is where I have struggled the most. Since starting Tirzepatide, I finally feel like I am in complete control of my eating habits, it feels great.

For training I have been running PPL 6 days per week. Right now I am doing 5x5 for my compounds and 3x8-12 for my accessories. Since starting TRT, progressive overload has felt so much easier and I can see my body changing. I used to be much more active with cardio but I shattered my leg last summer and it broke again in December, still not completely healed. Therefore l utilize a hand cycle for most of my cardio. 😊

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG. TRT is a game changer for someone with a 160 ng/dL. Seems to me you're doing all the right things but now left with the side effects of obesity. You're going to be able to do a lot on your own but the skin will require surgery.

Keep up the hard work and enjoy the first game when my Eagles come to town.

Reaction score
Welcome to UG. TRT is a game changer for someone with a 160 ng/dL. Seems to me you're doing all the right things but now left with the side effects of obesity. You're going to be able to do a lot on your own but the skin will require surgery.

Keep up the hard work and enjoy the first game when my Eagles come to town.
Yeah I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon right after high school when I was abusing stimulants and was relatively lean for a brief time. They said I would need both a chest lift and a circumferential tummy tuck. This was over 10 years ago and the initial estimate was around $18,000. I have no idea what the procedure will cost today. Even with the money I’m saving I will likely have to finance the procedure and make payments. It’s frustrating but I have no one to blame but myself.

Everyone has been hyping the Lions this off-season but I just can’t make myself believe it.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You should be able to find a Dr. to do the tummy tuck for around 6K. They will not do multiple procedures at the same time so maybe go with that one first. It's no walk in the park when it comes to recovery. I know women that have had it after child birth and it took time for then to be able to stand up straight.

The surgery will take care of the skin but any time you cut, you have scaring. Now they do hid that well, keeping it as low as possible, tight to the pubic line but it still there.

Reaction score
You should be able to find a Dr. to do the tummy tuck for around 6K. They will not do multiple procedures at the same time so maybe go with that one first. It's no walk in the park when it comes to recovery. I know women that have had it after child birth and it took time for then to be able to stand up straight.

The surgery will take care of the skin but any time you cut, you have scaring. Now they do hid that well, keeping it as low as possible, tight to the pubic line but it still there.
Thanks for sharing that. Any idea how much the chest lift would cost? My chest bothers me quite a bit more than my waistline so I would prefer to have that done first. Ultimately my goal is to be comfortable taking my shirt off in front of other people. Even when I was married for 10 years, I never wanted to take my shirt off in front of my ex wife.

I know the recovery takes a long time and is painful. When I shattered my leg last summer, I made it through everything without any opioids so it turns out I have a higher pain tolerance than I thought lol. The scarring won’t bother me at all and you’re right, they have come a long way with reducing the visibility of scars.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. Any idea how much the chest lift would cost?
That's not straight forward because everyone is different there. One thing to make sure they look into is the possibility of pec implants. This will help with shaping the chest and give you a more muscular look. Just something to talk to your Dr. about but I'm sure the cost will go up.

Reaction score
That's not straight forward because everyone is different there. One thing to make sure they look into is the possibility of pec implants. This will help with shaping the chest and give you a more muscular look. Just something to talk to your Dr. about but I'm sure the cost will go up.
I appreciate the suggestion!! I will mention it to them when I go for consultation.