Louie Simmons passed

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Ain't gonna lie I sat around in a bit of a daze yesterday , watched a ton of westside stuff ,, I was going to take the day off , just felt deflated. He was one of the people that I had always held out a hope of meeting one day or getting to attend a seminar or talk.

Then I thought about souls and heaven n all that shit for a while and realized if there was ever a time that Louie could look down on every one that said they lifted according to his program and his teachings he would .... and I didn't want to be one of the ones he was ashamed of ...

An I went and hit Dynamic Lower.

WESTSIDEBANNER5_800x.jpg

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Damn
That one actually hits me
Louie is an absolute monster in the name of Powerlifting.
You can't be a powerlifter, or even follow powerlifting without knowing his name and respecting the man, wether you like him or not

Even more close to home, for those that dont follow PL

Ever used a reverse hyper because of the inevitable back pain we all get?
(I know its helped me a tonne)

Yeah, Louie Simmons

If that were his inly contribution to our lifestyle.. I'd still respect and owe him, let alone everything else he has dine for the sport
Not even going to get into how the Conjugate method rewrote a lot of what we know

That man will be seriously missed

I like PL’ing & have followed for some years. I heard of Dr. terry Todd but Genetic Freak on TID mentioned that Lou Simmons passed this week; it was my first time hearing about him. My response on there was I need to read up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'd bet a million bucks that if you told Louie Simmons that he'd be featured in The New Yorker, he'd have said "over my dead body."

And once again...he'd have been right.

Pinky fingers up, Gentlemen. Here's to the man...

Superman

Elite
Reaction score
His methods evolved my training. Took me to a new level. Guy will always be a fucking legend.