Min test dose to build muscle and limit sides

Kraken

Reaction score
I have been on TRT for some time now, the clinic has me injecting 60 mg twice weekly (200 mg/ml at 0.3 ml). So this is a replacement dose. If I wanted to up it a bit to build more muscle, what would be a good amount for a 150 pound man with about 20% body fat? My biggest concern is gynecomastia; I don't mind using an AI although I recently stopped using one because of developing joint issues. Googling around, I'm seeing numbers all over the place, but it seems 300 to 600 mg weekly is a common dose. Even the 300 mg / weekly is well more than twice what I'm taking now. I'm not currently using anything but my test as part of TRT.

Thanks guys...

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i made some of my best gains on just trt..I cant explain why i just felt great and i was able to eat like a motherfucker on just trt..

Kraken

Reaction score
So I'm at 2300 calories daily, with about 150 g protein.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
wow you eat less than I do .... I didnt think any one did

I weigh 203 today , my daily in a cut is 2500 cals , maint is 3300 daily protein is about 280

buck

Reaction score
What are your stats and activity like. Protein sounds low. i like about 1.5 grams per pound for optimal growth.

Kraken

Reaction score
What are your stats and activity like. Protein sounds low. i like about 1.5 grams per pound for optimal growth.

I'm about 150 pounds, so 1 g per pound which I thought was a lot! I'm at the gym 3 to 4 days a week as time allows, still doing Stronglifts 5 x 5 (but looking for something else less time consuming). I'm 5ft 6in, so not a very big guy.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm about 150 pounds, so 1 g per pound which I thought was a lot! I'm at the gym 3 to 4 days a week as time allows, still doing Stronglifts 5 x 5 (but looking for something else less time consuming). I'm 5ft 6in, so not a very big guy.

1 g/lb of bodyweight is sufficient. More won't hurt, but possibly won't help either.

Jonjon

Reaction score
i made gains on 60mg a week at one time. The most productive several months of my life were on 120 test and 120 npp (that was after coming off 2g test and 700mg tren). So it wasn’t like I was getting gains because I hadn’t been exposed to androgens already.

If you weigh 150lbs and you’re not growing on trt and making progress, I don’t think more test is the answer. I’m not being condescending in any way, I just think you’ve got a lot of gains left in the tank so I wouldn’t be so concerned with that part right now.

If you wanna take more test, I don’t blame you. Nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn’t expect much

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
i made gains on 60mg a week at one time. The most productive several months of my life were on 120 test and 120 npp (that was after coming off 2g test and 700mg tren). So it wasn’t like I was getting gains because I hadn’t been exposed to androgens already.

If you weigh 150lbs and you’re not growing on trt and making progress, I don’t think more test is the answer. I’m not being condescending in any way, I just think you’ve got a lot of gains left in the tank so I wouldn’t be so concerned with that part right now.

If you wanna take more test, I don’t blame you. Nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn’t expect much

Yup. You need the materials to build the structure. Meaning food to build tissue.

Adding more drugs is like adding more workers. It's great, if they have materials to build with, but if they don't, then what's the point of hiring more workers. 🤔

buck

Reaction score
If you want to get bigger and think 3-4 days a week is more time then you want to spend. I would say you are going to grow very slowly at best. Weight is gained form food as i see it. and the workout is just the incentive to turn the food into muscle. I put most of my size on with to 5-8 reps to failure and high volume as l liked to train like that. I was 5'7" but managed to compete when i was still natural as a light heavy weight in bodybuilding. After TRT and cycles i got even bigger.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
If you want to get bigger and think 3-4 days a week is more time then you want to spend. I would say you are going to grow very slowly at best. Weight is gained form food as i see it. and the workout is just the incentive to turn the food into muscle. I put most of my size on with to 5-8 reps to failure and high volume as l liked to train like that. I was 5'7" but managed to compete when i was still natural as a light heavy weight in bodybuilding. After TRT and cycles i got even bigger.
Food, training, rest and little stress.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the wise ass , cus ,, well that's what I do best.

The minimum test dose to build muscle and limit sides is the one God gave ya. :cool:

Some one had to say it.

Kraken

Reaction score
Food, training, rest and little stress.

Yeah I'm told this. I think the "little stress" part might be the hardest!

I'm gonna be the wise ass , cus ,, well that's what I do best.

The minimum test dose to build muscle and limit sides is the one God gave ya. :cool:

Some one had to say it.
Well God gave me a lot more when I was younger. And God helps those who help themselves.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I'm told this. I think the "little stress" part might be the hardest!

Well God gave me a lot more when I was younger. And God helps those who help themselves.
For me ass well brother!

New Threads