Modafinil and Working out

Reaction score
Let us check out some other benefits of Modafinil for bodybuilders:
  1. Boost concentration - A clever medicine used to increase focus is called modafinil. It has been proven to be successful in both ADHD sufferers and healthy people. The way that modafinil functions by increasing the brain's dopamine levels. Focus and motivation increased as a result. The use of modafinil during a workout can help bodybuilders focus and stay focused. It may help you tolerate the discomfort and tiredness that are frequently experienced after an intense workout. You can continue your training and nutrition plans by taking modafinil.
  1. Boost your energy levels - People who want to become more productive and have more energy also use it off-label. It has been demonstrated that modafinil works well for boosting energy and lowering weariness. For added energy during exercises, several bodybuilders utilize modafinil.
  1. Lower Fatigue - To be clear, modafinil doesn't actually boost performance or strength. When lifting heavy weights or working out intensely on a cardio bike, one can push past their physical and mental limitations because one believes fatigue less. This could lead to some people setting new "personal bests."
  1. Faster recovery time - According to studies, modafinil can shorten the time needed for recovery after exercise. This might be a result of how well it works to reduce inflammation. Additionally, modafinil has been shown to improve strength and muscle mass. Modafinil appears to be a potential medication for bodybuilders, but additional research is required. They may benefit from a quicker post-workout recovery as well as increased strength and muscle mass.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
So its just like coffee ? ,, got it !!

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
  1. Boost concentration - A clever medicine used to increase focus is called modafinil. It has been proven to be successful in both ADHD sufferers and healthy people. The way that modafinil functions by increasing the brain's dopamine levels. Focus and motivation increased as a result. The use of modafinil during a workout can help bodybuilders focus and stay focused. It may help you tolerate the discomfort and tiredness that are frequently experienced after an intense workout. You can continue your training and nutrition plans by taking modafinil.
  2. Boost your energy levels - People who want to become more productive and have more energy also use it off-label. It has been demonstrated that modafinil works well for boosting energy and lowering weariness. For added energy during exercises, several bodybuilders utilize modafinil.
  3. Lower Fatigue - To be clear, modafinil doesn't actually boost performance or strength. When lifting heavy weights or working out intensely on a cardio bike, one can push past their physical and mental limitations because one believes fatigue less. This could lead to some people setting new "personal bests."
  4. Faster recovery time - According to studies, modafinil can shorten the time needed for recovery after exercise. This might be a result of how well it works to reduce inflammation. Additionally, modafinil has been shown to improve strength and muscle mass. Modafinil appears to be a potential medication for bodybuilders, but additional research is required. They may benefit from a quicker post-workout recovery as well as increased strength and muscle mass.
Cute first post with the copy and paste loser.

No one here is going to buy your afinils so you can waste your time elsewhere

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Jesus is not even a good copy and paste, almost every point is flat wrong.

While madafinil had been down to bind VERY loosely to dopamine receptors in SOME studies, some studies found no binding, it absolutely does not increase dopamine nor serotonin levels.

While it's being explored for an alternative treatment for ADHD, this is an off label treatment and is not nearly studied enough.

1. Boost your energy levels - People who want to become more productive and have more energy also use it off-label. It has been demonstrated that modafinil works well for boosting energy and lowering weariness. For added energy during exercises, several bodybuilders utilize modafinil.
It doesn't boost energy or reduce fatigue. It effects WAKEFULNESS giving a benefit to mental clarity, with zero simulant effect.

This is not the off label effect but the actual prescribed benefit. It is prescribed to aid in those with shift work disorders to promote WAKEFULNESS
  1. Lower Fatigue - To be clear, modafinil doesn't actually boost performance or strength. When lifting heavy weights or working out intensely on a cardio bike, one can push past their physical and mental limitations because one believes fatigue less. This could lead to some people setting new "personal bests."

Again madafinil absolutely does not lower fatigue
  1. Faster recovery time - According to studies, modafinil can shorten the time needed for recovery after exercise. This might be a result of how well it works to reduce inflammation. Additionally, modafinil has been shown to improve strength and muscle mass. Modafinil appears to be a potential medication for bodybuilders, but additional research is required. They may benefit from a quicker post-workout recovery as well as increased strength and muscle mass.
This is not true. The only study in aware of exploring modafinil in training was an incredibly small, incredibly short (only 2 weeks) questionably controlled study looking only at cardio on a bike for only 10 minutes, where the individuals self reported their RPE and those in the modafinil group reported to be lower. Which the placebo group also reported, but to a lower degree

Last edited:
Reaction score

While madafinil had been down to bind VERY loosely to dopamine receptors in SOME studies, some studies found no binding, it absolutely does not increase dopamine nor serotonin levels.

While it's being explored for an alternative treatment for ADHD, this is an off label treatment and is not nearly studied enough.

It doesn't boost energy or reduce fatigue. It effects WAKEFULNESS giving a benefit to mental clarity, with zero simulant effect.

This is not the off label effect but the actual prescribed benefit. It is prescribed to aid in those with shift work disorders to promote WAKEFULNESS

This is not true. The only study in aware of exploring modafinil in training was an incredibly small, incredibly short (only 2 weeks) questionably controlled study looking only at cardio on a bike for only 10 minutes, where the individuals self reported their RPE and today in the modafinil group to be lower. Which the placebo group also reported, but to a lower degree
Pretty decent points.

I know some people use afinils before workout. I have a few times but I don't really like it for that. It does help me get through workouts faster sometimes with more focus but I already have good focus when I'm in the gym.

The mechanisms are interesting. It is not like caffeine or most stimulants. I have sleep apnea controlled with a CPAP but sometimes I have nights where I still don't get a good sleep and have a high API. Sometimes in these cases or when I only get 5 hours of sleep I'll used afinils for more clarity during the day. It does help me to make less mistakes at work in these instances which I can do more often with poor sleep.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I use it for my studies (MicroBio and Organic Chem) and there is an appreciable difference in terms of alertness as well as clarity of thought. I always tell people it's like getting a full nights rest so you're ready to tackle the days task. There is no crash, no jitters, a slight decrease in appetite, and no snappy'ness (mood).

Reaction score
I use it for my studies (MicroBio and Organic Chem) and there is an appreciable difference in terms of alertness as well as clarity of thought. I always tell people it's like getting a full nights rest so you're ready to tackle the days task. There is no crash, no jitters, a slight decrease in appetite, and no snappy'ness (mood).
What's your major and job plans after your degree? Depending on what you want to do, Pharma companies can offer some of the best careers and opportunity for growth (I'm not talking sales either unless you are into that aspect).

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
this is my anecdotal experience as well.

There is no effect elevated above a natural feeling. No high of any kind, just feel like you got a rock solid nights sleep and youve had your coffee.

it does exactly what its prescribed to do, increases alertness, wakefullness, and mental clarity to that which you would experience if you got really good sleep, had your coffee, had a good breakfast ect.

Really a remarkable drug in terms of clarity and productivity
And clinical long term tolerability seems to show no dependency or tolerance issues other than phycological. Only reason i dont is just because, while it works wonderously, my workload doesnt require that level of productivity, so the cost seems unnecessary

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

This is not true. The only study in aware of exploring modafinil in training was an incredibly small, incredibly short (only 2 weeks) questionably controlled study looking only at cardio on a bike for only 10 minutes, where the individuals self reported their RPE and those in the modafinil group reported to be lower. Which the placebo group also reported, but to a lower degree
I agree with your posting on this topic 1,000% ... from someone who has taken Adderall and Modafinil with the specific intention of increasing performance ... I can state (from my own experience) that Modafinil does not have any effect other than enhanced alertness or wakefulness ... unlike Adderall which had a direct impact of mood - general euphoric feeling .. however it was flat out amphetamine and I'd not recommend its use for enhanced performance in the gym or office ..

I also quit using Modafinil based on I had better response (personally) from caffeine ...

Last edited:

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I used to be prescribed the stuff because of my work schedule when I worked strictly IT. Sometimes I worked nights, sometimes I worked days. Sometimes my night shift started after I wrapped up a day shift. It allowed me to remain productive when I was sleep deprived and that was about it.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
this is my anecdotal experience as well.

There is no effect elevated above a natural feeling. No high of any kind, just feel like you got a rock solid nights sleep and youve had your coffee.

it does exactly what its prescribed to do, increases alertness, wakefullness, and mental clarity to that which you would experience if you got really good sleep, had your coffee, had a good breakfast ect.

Really a remarkable drug in terms of clarity and productivity
And clinical long term tolerability seems to show no dependency or tolerance issues other than phycological. Only reason i dont is just because, while it works wonderously, my workload doesnt require that level of productivity, so the cost seems unnecessary
Yeah, for me it's a life saver. Working 2 jobs, TA'ing at the university, all while taking classes makes it difficult to get enough sleep. I know, it's not wise but then again when I'm trying to accomplish certain things at the moment... sacrifices must be made.

I tried Adderall and I have to say... I do not like it at all. Jitters, agitation, serious appetite suppression, and a helluva a crash made me realize while many/most of my colleagues take it... it wasn't for me.

New Threads