Mud Run

italian1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever do one. I'm definatly not a runner. Never will be. I'm good for maybe 5 miles tops. So these aren't my thing. But got roped into two of them this year and wasn't all that bad. Might have even enjoyed it a little.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They have them everywhere now. They sure have grown in popularity over the years. Haven't done one and probably wont either but I know people who love it.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They are doing more of this type of runs everywhere, here they have one in Halloween and they call it zombie run, they have a bunch of people wearing zombie costumes trough out the run chasing after u.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah they had one on a beach near me, and a few others a ton of dudes wanted to go to this past summer.. Ill do one eventually!

Tuff mudder... Warrior dash.. A ton of them

Reaction score
I've participated in a few. They are a lot of fun: great atmosphere, great party afterwards (live music, beer, food) and great looking women everywhere who are wet, wearing next to nothing, and covered in mud! What's not to like?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yep, I've done a few..I love them except the water part when it's like fucking ice water!!!!

I want to do the big one they have at Camp Pendleton but if you don't register right when they start registration you don't get in and I always forget about it :(

http://worldfamousmudrun.com/

italian1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^Yeah that looks awesome. Its a 10K?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuck it, after looking at the photos of this past year..I'm going to do it next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

italian1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL Just saw them. Looks like a good one. And what a spot to have it. Looks muddy as shit. Two I did were only 5K. One was pretty clean and because of that it was easy. Other was intense mud from the start, and shocked me how hard it was. Kind of made me want to train a little more and do it again next year because I felt a little defeated.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL Just saw them. Looks like a good one. And what a spot to have it. Looks muddy as shit. Two I did were only 5K. One was pretty clean and because of that it was easy. Other was intense mud from the start, and shocked me how hard it was. Kind of made me want to train a little more and do it again next year because I felt a little defeated.

That's exactly what happens to me..and I love the camaraderie, it's hard to explain but I get such a sense of accomplishment by working really hard and overcoming things...I don't know any other way to be

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My daughter just did a 5K (16 years and younger). It dawned on me as I watched a kid get carried off with a broken ankle....FUCK THAT.

djt248

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did the Spartan race last year. 15 miles with obstacles. I finished but it was sad. Not a long distance runner at all but it was a good time. Met a lot of people and made some good friends I still talk to. Good times.

Reaction score
Last year I run 10K run in Houston. I finished 11th place because I am not a regular runner but had a good time to complete the race. This year I am registering for another race and hoping to cover less time this year.

RoidGear.net

Latest posts