My new approach to health, and longevity

Reaction score
my great grandfather never exercised a day in his life. Was a local small town cop.
96 years old now. smoked for 60 years or so, been retired for 50 years doing almost nothing but occasionally fishing. Eats like absolute shit.
Still kicking.

Sometimes i think we are fooling ourselves thinking theres anything we can really do to control how long we keep ticking.

The people who make it to their 80s and 90s without any serious health problems are those who have the "Immoral" gene(s) or so I've read.

Smoking, drinking to excess, eating a lb of bacon daily and not keeping physically fit is a VERY good way to die young!

I most definitely want to live well into my 90s and I'm doing everything possible to do so and I wish I would have thought this way in my 20s!

I'm seriously hoping gene therapies/medicines for longevity advances tremendously while I'm still able to benefit from them :)

Reaction score
The people who make it to their 80s and 90s without any serious health problems are those who have the "Immoral" gene(s) or so I've read.

Smoking, drinking to excess, eating a lb of bacon daily and not keeping physically fit is a VERY good way to die young!

I most definitely want to live well into my 90s and I'm doing everything possible to do so and I wish I would have thought this way in my 20s!

I'm seriously hoping gene therapies/medicines for longevity advances tremendously while I'm still able to benefit from them :)
90s??? You’ll be in diapers the last 15 years of your life with that kind of attitude!

Reaction score
Your approach doesn’t look bad. Is the 200 mg/week TRT a Vigorous Steve thing or how did you come up with that number? You should just be shooting for high end of the normal range.

If you truly want to take less risk, come off everything for a couple months and get doctor-prescribed and supervised TRT. That will include regular bloodwork (you’ll still be able to blast in between) and the doctor will be able to monitor everything for you.

I like the way you’re always trying to learn. That’s great. I think you set your expectations a little too high though. That may be why you seem disappointed with the results sometimes. I feel like you are doing that again with the “1 pound per month” thing. For an intermediate or advanced guy, that represents “optimal” results where everything goes perfectly. Does that happen often? Nope. Life gets in the way of our best intentions. Sleep is off sometimes. Jobs may be stressful. We may be busy doing other shit and get a little off with diet or training. All kinds of stuff could pop up. That’s life.

It’s not your profession. Perfectly stated. It’s something you ENJOY. Go about it that way and you’ll love it for a long time. Getting burned out or disappointed detracts from that. Measure this with different metrics. Are you still making progress? Whether in the mirror or progressing the weight? Good. That’s all that matters. Are you still able to do what you enjoy doing. Good. That’s all that matters. Do you still look WAY better than 90% of the population? Good that’s all that matters. Keep your expectations in the proper perspective and you’ll still be doing all this fun in your 30s 40s and 50s.
I admire your courage.

Reaction score
90s??? You’ll be in diapers the last 15 years of your life with that kind of attitude!

Attitude? Whaaaaa?

I guess what should have said is I'm doing everything possible to be as healthy as I can be for the longest time possible ;)

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You eat fish everyday and you will live to 100 years old.

What do you do? 🤣
Who thinks eating something that swims in its own piss and shit is good for them?

Fishing is good
Eating fish is bad.

• Haha
Reactions: CJ

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Stress man. Minimize stress to maximize life.

Can't think of anything much better than a good day of fishing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Can't wait to wet a line once finals are over. Break out spinning set up and fish drop shots for those lunkers holding to the bottom.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Can't wait to wet a line once finals are over. Break out spinning set up and fish drop shots for those lunkers holding to the bottom.
Tautog are hitting hard around me now. Some Fatty's this year too

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Tautog are hitting hard around me now. Some Fatty's this year too

I basically only fish for Largemouth most of the time. Have been known to go after spots, hybrid, and striper but when I can go after what I really want, I go ambush fishing for largemouth.

Reaction score
I basically only fish for Largemouth most of the time. Have been known to go after spots, hybrid, and striper but when I can go after what I really want, I go ambush fishing for largemouth.
For freshwater largemouth are hard to beat.

Reaction score
Everybody has an anecdote about an uncle or whatever who guzzled moonshine and ate sticks of butter dipped in nutella every day and still lived to a ripe old age. These are extreme genetic outliers and nobody should follow their example.
Funny thing my Aunt Betty was 91 and at the doctor, he told her Betty you are going to die if you dont quit smoking...She looked at him and said..."You mean I wont die if I quit"...He said never mind..She died at 92 cig in one hand oxygen mask in the other..She was only on oxygen for the last month or so..Just wanted to share..

New Threads