My serious struggle with COVID

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
HARDGAINS from the above post at least caught some good luck with his doctor. Saw a discussion on another board with a link to medical literature somewhere that stated those of us with higher than average testosterone levels might fare better during extended hospital stays for COVID, car accidents, or anything else.

But the reverse is true if you happen to be hit hard by COVID or something else anyway ... people who do DIY test who leave no evidence in their medical records will see their test levels crash during extended stays, leaving them more vulnerable to COVID or other problems than they would otherwise have been ... and most doctors won't know what's going on or why.

Sounds like HARDGAINS' doctor was a cut above ......

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
HARDGAINS from the above post at least caught some good luck with his doctor. Saw a discussion on another board with a link to medical literature somewhere that stated those of us with higher than average testosterone levels might fare better during extended hospital stays for COVID, car accidents, or anything else.

But the reverse is true if you happen to be hit hard by COVID or something else anyway ... people who do DIY test who leave no evidence in their medical records will see their test levels crash during extended stays, leaving them more vulnerable to COVID or other problems than they would otherwise have been ... and most doctors won't know what's going on or why.

Sounds like HARDGAINS' doctor was a cut above ......

I was in the middle of my first bulk/blast in a couple years (test/deca 750/600). It was going well and I was on track to meet my goal. I was up 8lbs in 8 weeks.

Reaction score
How are you feeling now DF? Have all your symptoms gone away?

Reactions: DF

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How are you feeling now DF? Have all your symptoms gone away?

This is the start of my 3rd week back at my gym. To my surprise my strength is on par with my normal trt weights (upper body anyway). Squats will take a bit to get back. I do need to rest a bit longer between sets. I'm also pretty damn sore after a workout (to be expected) .... Lol. I have a follow up chest x-ray next week. I'd have to say I'm about 95% back to normal. Very happy with my progress to this point.

Thanks for asking brother!

quackattack

Reaction score
This is the start of my 3rd week back at my gym. To my surprise my strength is on par with my normal trt weights (upper body anyway). Squats will take a bit to get back. I do need to rest a bit longer between sets. I'm also pretty damn sore after a workout (to be expected) .... Lol. I have a follow up chest x-ray next week. I'd have to say I'm about 95% back to normal. Very happy with my progress to this point.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Your post is what helped me decide to get the vaccination... If I die from it it's kind of on you.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Get after it old man!

Reactions: DF

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Meatheads should think twice about getting the vaccine.

Coupla yrs ago, pre-Covid, my local chain store pharmacist had trouble injecting a regular Flu shot because (I guess) of the scar tissue in my Delt.

A few months ago I got my 2 Pfizer COVID shots at a large outdoor venue set up to be a drive-through ... you stayed in your car, hung your arm out the window and sacrificed your Delt for science. Left Delt for me, the driver, Right Delt for Wife, the passenger. The male nurse for my 1st shot kept telling me to relax my shoulder, which I thought was pretty relaxed already. Female nurse for the 2nd shot told me she could "see the muscles dancing under my skin," and also urged me to relax (gimmie a break, she was hot and my Wife was busy looking at her own shoulder).

These are the only reasons meatheads should fear the vaccine ... and, yes, I know I could be banned for life for saying that on some other boards, but this is UG :)

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad your doing okay DF. I gotta say after reading about your covid scare and a few others I am now considering getting the vaccine. I’ve been very hesitant because of how it’s being pushed and how fast it became approved for emergency use and how it is still only approved for emergency use. However I need to remain healthy for my family.

Reaction score
Holy sh*t dude! Glad you came through it.
Reading this blows my mind. To think that it can affect someone so harshly when they are in great shape health wise, yet barely affect others who have crap health is insane.

I caught it about two months back and wouldn’t have even known I had it if it was for the loss of smell and taste. Literally the only symptoms I had. Yet then I read your story and listen to friends and feel so lucky it didn’t hit me harder.

I’ve been on the fence when it comes to the vaccine. One part of me wants it while the other part doesn’t. I’ve never had a vaccine in my life other then the ones required for school in the 80’s and 90’s. And I’ve always done great fighting things off naturally. But then I hear all these stories and it makes me wonder if I should start.
part of what holds me back is how quick this vaccine was pushed out and the fact some already have issues like the JnJ.

Appreciate your story though and again am glad you are ok!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I just got the results of my latest and probably last chest x-rays. So, good news. Workouts are going good other than dealing with elbow tendonitis. It's always something.....

"Your chest x-ray shows near complete resolution of the inflammation in your lungs following pneumonia. There may be a bit of residual scarring which is common and not a concern."

sfw509

Reaction score
Awesome news.

Glad to hear your healing.

FearThaGear

Reaction score
It's so crazy the way it affects people differently.

I had Covid and had a headache for about 3 or 4 days. The only other symptom that I had was being tired and winded when I tried to walk for a longer distance. This lasted about 2 weeks.

A guy that I work with died with covid at the age of 52 and an old friend of mine died at the age of 41.

Both did have some underlying conditions like diabetes and the other one weighed about 450 lb at 6'2

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
From catching COVID on 11/19/2020 to getting cleared medically by my doctor on 05/10/2021 seemed like an eternity. The messed up thing is I have no underlying health conditions.

Glad you are feeling better DF!

Reaction score
We know a 22 yr old kid that died recently, no underlying conditions we know of.

New Threads