Myoreps

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm done with the fancy intensity techniques, other than partials on certain exercises. I find them to muddy the waters when trying to track progress.

I'm back to simply doing hard sets to failure. I don't need fancy shit, I'm nowhere near that level.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm done with the fancy intensity techniques, other than partials on certain exercises. I find them to muddy the waters when trying to track progress.

I'm back to simply doing hard sets to failure. I don't need fancy shit, I'm nowhere near that level.
Although I will admit to trying new things I read about here and see on YouTube I totally understand your meaning ... keeping decent form on these myoreps takes considerable more effort and to start bouncing or simply cheating to get the extra reps is not the point ... but there is something to be said for intensity increasing techniques and I appreciate hearing from experience members on how they do it (or don't do it in your case which also has value in the conversation) ...

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

For the VAST majority of people, the best use case for intensity techniques is as a time-saving measure.

It takes a LONG time to learn how to properly execute and utilize most intensity techniques, and most people would be better off just trying to beat the strait set logbook.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
For the VAST majority of people, the best use case for intensity techniques is as a time-saving measure.

It takes a LONG time to learn how to properly execute and utilize most intensity techniques, and most people would be better off just trying to beat the strait set logbook.
I agree with this.

I have found that rest-pause works really well for biceps, though. I like to do a RP set of machine preacher curls at the end of my pull day. My biceps really respond well to RP sets for whatever reason.

Reader591

Reaction score
I find them to muddy the waters when trying to track progress.
This is my number one problem. Drop set is easy to track. Maybe some forced reps. Start mixing them all and my log gets muddy.

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Myoreps (Fagerli) are effective but Myoreps Match are (maybe) superior because you get more true failure points in one set.

buck

Reaction score
From my experience rest pause, drop sets, micr sets, cluster etc. sets are all about equal. It just depends on what the individual gravitates towards. As then they apply themselves better. And/or a change of pace can just get a person out of a mental rut.

Reaction score
Both Myo-reps and drop sets can be effective for hypertrophy, but they have different approaches. Myo-reps focus on intensity with short rest intervals, while drop sets involve reducing weight and continuing to failure. Try both to see what works best for you. As for frequency, listen to your body and allow for adequate recovery. Incorporate them once or twice a week per muscle group as needed.

New Threads