Need Advice on Shredding Fat and Building Muscle"

Reaction score
"Hey everyone,

I'm a 33-year-old father standing at 5'11" and weighing in at 350lbs. My days are primarily spent taking care of my three wonderful children, which leaves me with limited time for workouts—usually squeezing in about two sessions a week. Balancing full-time work (around 40 hours) with parenting duties means my fitness routine often takes a backseat.

Despite the challenges, I've managed to shed 50lbs in the last six months through a combination of walking and occasional workouts. It's been a journey, especially considering my past successes in dropping weight during my twenties. At different points, I've fluctuated between 190lbs, 220lbs, and 250lbs, having successfully gone from 350lbs down to 190lbs and even from 400lbs down to 250lbs multiple times.

Now, I'm on the hunt for practical solutions. I need an easy-to-follow diet plan that I can whip up quickly between diaper changes and playtime. As for workouts, I'm looking for a three-day routine that I can tackle with basic home gym.

One thing my doctor mentioned is that hitting around 250lbs might help regulate my testosterone levels, which are currently at 260. So, any tips or support you can offer would be invaluable.

Looking forward to connecting with this community and getting closer to my fitness goals.

Attachments

• 1000001340.jpg
    1000001340.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 9

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground.

Congrats on your current weight loss.

Find out what your daily maintenance calories are and always eat around 10% less than that daily. (there are plenty of people who can be more detailed here with dieting and how much is the max calorie deficit you want )

Stop using the kids as an excuse.

If you only have 3 days you could either do a P/P/L or a Full body on all three days.

How long do you workout each day?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
if you only have 2 days per week then you should do full body training. You'll spend more time in the gym on those 2 days, but you'd at least be working all muscle groups at least twice per week..

I only saw you ask a question requesting a diet plan that you can whip up between diet changes. I mean any diet can be "easy to whip up", but you have to meal prep for the week.

So instead of holding your hand and telling you specifically what to eat, my advice to you is to meal prep your food for the week.

Get at least the following macros in daily:
1.2g of protein per pound of bodyweight
0.3g of fat per pound of bodyweight
the rest of the calories left can go to carbs.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Welcome, love the name

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Batch cook food, so you don't grab/make 'convenience foods', eat a lot of lean meat and veggie meals; go for lots of walks daily, and take the kids on these walks as it's quality time, too; if only 2 workouts per week, do full body routines using compound exercises, as those work several muscle groups simultaneously.

Kraken

Reaction score
I suggest you use an app to track your consumption, ideally one that makes it as easy as possible. I used to use My Fitness Pal, but they started charging like $20 / month if you use the scan featue. I use Cronometer now.

Using an app is more than just counting calories; it's like having a friend who keeps you accountable. It causes you to think about everything that goes into your mouth, and be more aware of calories whether you eat out or in. It will help you learn whats got more protein vs fat, how many calories that quick snack cost you, and so on, and it makes eating reasonably easier.

Trenbolonely

Reaction score
That’s a solid amount of weight loss, keep going, if you have lost 50lbs in half a year you are 100% on the right track!
Some simple things you can do- rice cooker, very easy to weigh out meals you can set the rice cooker before bed with all your rice for the next day. Takes 5 minutes
Pickles- very low calorie can be added to otherwise bland foods, can help curb snacking.
Zero calorie carbonated drinks for the sweet tooth.
Nothing beats weighing food and counting macros and adjusting a meal plan AND STICKIN TO IT.
Your weight loss diet should be changing as you progress and get leaner.

Also think about this, and how to increase it.
How much time do you have to do cardio?
How many steps per day are you getting?

If you can really only do 2 days a week of lifting, I agree with full body. If you can do 3 days, just go with a nice and simple PPL. I would recommend high volume to burn more cals, time rest periods if you’re short on time.

To be honest you should be doing some cardio almost every day.
This means at least 10/20 minutes.
I’m sure you could figure that out man!

If you want concrete diet advice, note what your diet and routine look like, I’m sure folks would be happy to help.

Good luck on hope for your continued success in the weight loss!

New Threads