New here & starting my 1st cycle today.

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here. I'm Tim, been working out for 4+ years now. I've recently competed in my 1st men's physique show in March, placed 3rd in open as a natural. Looking to take my physique and training to the next level, goal is to become an IFBB Pro in the future. Hoping to meet some cool people and learn new things here.

For my cycle, I'll be taking 200mg test e every 3 days, .5 adex post shot 12 hrs, & 20mg nolva per day. Thoughts?

Here's a before (130 lbs) and now (164lbs). I'll share more results once I reach mid cycle.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop a follow @timneyugn, I'll update more often there.
IMG_5246.PNGIMG_2670.jpg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

Why the Adex and Nolva?

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Hi guys, new here. I'm Tim, been working out for 4+ years now. I've recently competed in my 1st men's physique show in March, placed 3rd in open as a natural. Looking to take my physique and training to the next level, goal is to become an IFBB Pro in the future. Hoping to meet some cool people and learn new things here.

For my cycle, I'll be taking 200mg test e every 3 days, .5 adex post shot 12 hrs, & 20mg nolva per day. Thoughts?

Here's a before (130 lbs) and now (164lbs). I'll share more results once I reach mid cycle.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop a follow @timneyugn, I'll update more often there.
View attachment 21758View attachment 21760

why is that woman beside you so small
Are you a giant?

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
Looks like an ideal base to start with, welcome to the UG bro

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable enough. Guessing your training/diet is decent as you've added some good mass. Nice to start with a lean base too. I'll echo what the other guy said about the AI. I'd prefer to take it as and when it's required rather than pre-emptively or you'll risk crashing your E2 and feeling like shit. You'll likely be able to get away with using less than you intend to.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
drop the adex
even if you need it
Aromasin instead
this isnt the golden era anymore, we have more drugs and more knowledge.

Also you look great naturally
good on you man, looking forward to see the advsnved physique

youll blow me out of the water in a few years from the looks of it

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah being on TRT, it always strikes me as odd when new guys call test a cycle!

A test cycle...it really exists...ok...anyway...

You only need Arimidex if you get signs of gyno.

You should try to minimize your reliance on AI as much as possible.

You only need Nolvadex as PCT when coming off a cycle to kickstart your natural test production.

Whether you need PCT can be determined by what you take and how long you were on it.

With test only you may be able to get away with HCG only. Unless you take a lot of test for a long time.

Anything above 250mg a week test is a waste unless you are taking some other steroid that is suppressing your test.

You should also get bloodwork done to see where your natural test levels are at before you do anything.

If you are younger you may not even need more test.

cavorite

Reaction score
You really don’t need gear. You’re already at the ideal body type. If you’re as young as you look, you might consider kicking the can down the road a few years.

edit: just saw you want to compete. that makes more sense now

anyways, welcome!

Reaction score
Aromasin instead of arimidex but if you have arimidex that’s fine. That will stop the conversion of test to estrogen so your estrogen will be lower. You won’t need the nolvadex because of that. But keep it on hand. You should always have a small pharmacy of things for “just in case”.

But back up. Don’t start your cycle without getting precycle bloodwork. That’s your baseline. You only have one chance to get that data. That will give you something to compare your post cycle bloodwork to. Getting bloodwork tells your story over time. You should get mid-cycle bloodwork too, which will help you make adjustments to your AI dose. You’ll spend almost as much money on bloodwork as you do on cycle. Search the forum here for what hormone panel to get and what else to add to it.

If you want to do this long term, this will help identify issues before they turn into problems. Good luck and welcome to the UGBB.

Reaction score
I see people recommending aromasin over adex.

Is it because aromasin suicide aromatase receptor effect, wider effective doasge window or?

Adex was the shit way back, but very $$ and hard to get. I don't think these other AI's like aromasin, letrozole, etc were even around or used.

I always had on hand/used nolvadex. We also (I didn't) didn't know about the detriments of low E2. Probably becuase nolva couldn't, but rather just blocked E2?

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score

Is it because aromasin suicide aromatase receptor effect, wider effective doasge window or?

Adex was the shit way back, but very $$ and hard to get. I don't think these other AI's like aromasin, letrozole, etc were even around or used.

I always had on hand/used nolvadex. We also (I didn't) didn't know about the detriments of low E2. Probably becuase nolva couldn't, but rather just blocked E2?
A long time ago I was reading a gov research study that said aromasin will increase GH slightly.

If there is even a small chance that it is true, then I'm down with that!

Reaction score
A long time ago I was reading a gov research study that said aromasin will increase GH slightly.

If there is even a small chance that it is true, then I'm down with that!
Yea aromasin is also a steroidal AI, whereas adex is not.

The GH thing would be a great reason though...

Yea, I think I recall something IGF1 or HG related to aromasin.

I do know adex has a very narrow window of proper dose s well. I don't know anything about aromasin dosages.

Reaction score

It’s a suicide inhibitor so it’s easy to use and control E2. Because of that it’s also more forgiving and harder to “crash” e2. Even if you somehow take too much, it’s not long for e2 to recover.

It’s a steroid (a weak one but nonetheless) so it works differently than arimidex. It won’t affect your lips profile as much. I honestly don’t know why TRT clinics pass out arimidex like candy and don’t prescribe aromasin. I’ve found it’s so much easier to use.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Yea aromasin is also a steroidal AI, whereas adex is not.

The GH thing would be a great reason...

Yea, I think I recall something IGF1 or HG related to aromasin. I do know adex has a very narrow window of proper dose s well.

I'm don't know anything about aromasin dosages.
That's what it was. IGF-1 not GH...my bad.

Reaction score
It won’t affect your lips profile as much.
I honestly don’t know why TRT clinics pass out arimidex like candy and don’t prescribe aromasin. I’ve found it’s so much easier to use.
OK, another big plus would be the lipids.

You know, I see TRT clinics prescribe (offer) a T ester with adex mixed in. Seems kinda crazy unless a guy was obese and had been tested with way high estrogen beforehand.

New Threads