New Member.

Reaction score
Hello SI,

Stats:
Age-28
Weight-200lbs
BF-13%

Just joined the site and figured I'd give a little intro, I've talked to a few of you guys already and I like this place already. Hopefully I can learn some shit and meet some folks that can help me along my journey.

A little background, I live in central Arkansas, originally from Arlington, TX. Lived there for 18 years and miss it, I did my first cycle too young being 24 with the wrong compounds for a first timer with dbol, deca and test.. good results, went from 175 to 202 then dropped to 190. Then a few months later went ahead and home brewed some finnaplex h and ran it with test prop, everything was going good, then about 8 weeks in some dumb bitch pulled out in front of me while doing 45mph on my gixxer 600 and fucked up my shoulder with a complete A/C separation. Grade 3 Post Anterior Acromio-clavicular Separation to be exact, and 90% of the ligaments were torn so I was out of the game for several months. After getting to 225 pounds and 24.8% BF, I couldn't take it anymore, I got back in my routine and now I'm back to 199.6 pounds as of this post and ~13% BF.. I finally got enough strength back to push 3 reps of 265 on SB bench today and it felt great..

Look forward to getting to know and talk shit with everyone..

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What's up GB, glad to hear you're healing up....welcome.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Take it nice and easy with the shoulder.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We certainly talk allot of shit ;-)

Welcome.

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone!! I have my good and bad days with my shoulder. Usually I can push thru it, but occasionally I have to take a few days off to rest well.. I should be back to 315 bench soon, then I'll maintain for a couple months then go on anther ride.

Reaction score
Current trip, unfortunately stops in a few days, then I'll start my next... um, journey mid march.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome to si

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good intro.... lose that Flat Bench and do floor presses until that shoulder is 100% is my first suggestion.

Look forward to reading your posts. Welcome to SI.

Vette

Reaction score
Thanks Vette, I only do SB bench once every 3 months or so, I prefer DB's but the gym I go to only has up to 100 pound DB's so I've been warming up on flat bench, work up to 250 then go to DB's. When I press, I pinch my shoulders up kinda like a shrug and keep my elbows in with a slow controlled rep. It takes almost all the strain off my shoulder and isolates chest and tris very well.. Now military press on the other hand hurts, bad, feels like someone is pulling my arm off.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the SI brotherhood.

It seems if you workout long enough and hard enough you're going to suffer injuries. I am sorry to hear yours came in the form of an accident.

Reaction score
Welcome to the SI brotherhood.

It seems if you workout long enough and hard enough you're going to suffer injuries. I am sorry to hear yours came in the form of an accident.

That is true, injuries happen after you get too strong. Yeah, it was pretty shitty. I flew about 10 yards then rolled another 10, stumbled around looking for my bike which was in pieces, then laid in the street next to her car. Helmet cracked when i hit the ground, sleeve was ripped off my jacket, both shins were busted open and bleeding.. shoes, earrings and watch flew off.. it was a bad night, and I live outside city limits but there's an emergency response unit 2 miles from where I live so the ambulance was here within 5 minutes. I was 3 houses down from home. I walked away with all limbs attached and no broken bones so I'm good, just gotta keep training, not go too heavy and get plenty of rest.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great intro brother. Remember bro when pushing yourself with injuries can easily complicate things. Slow n steady and let your ligaments fully heal. This game isn't a race and with your circumstance I'd def take it easy.

I've road bikes all my life. I had a Zx 10 that I sold last year because there's to many distractions. People on cell phones and fucking with their iPods n shit. Too risky anymore. Do I miss it? Oh he'll yeah I miss it.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome dude :thumbup::thumbup:

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome to SI. we are roughly similar stats

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score