Nintendo

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i remember when the shit hit store shelves, i was young but i still remember. I had an atari that was passed around my family from cousin to cousin for like 10 years during the 70s and 80s... i remember playing pong and i think donkey kong. Well, when nintendo came out i wanted it so bad but my cheap ass parents thought they could save a buck and bought me and my sister this shit called " Action Max " from Lechmere, it was a game system that came with a gun and the games were video tapes.. fuckin thing was horrible and embarrassing. We had this game called "pops ghostly" and i remember as a kid being horrified by the game.

Eventually after crying and being a pain in the ass my parents decided to give in on a Nintendo and i was playing duckhunt, mario bros, and zelda in no time.

The reason why i am even posting this is because i was going through old shit in my moms attick and found that piece of shit Action Max system. Now that i watch the video/game now, it actually is a pretty trippy game.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WTF?!? that was.........fawking awesome! lol

What a weird game...never heard of the system.

Some of the Atari games were pretty badass, but nintendo was Legend.... my shit was Mike Tysons Punch-Out...but there's a ton of nintendo classics!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never even heard of this thing. That this was pretty trippy.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah, my parents wondered why i used to sleep with the light,tv, and ceiling fan on at all times. I bet my mother saw nintedo $119.99 and action max $22.15 in the sunday paper lechmere ad. I remember being all excited for ninetendo and then my father hooking up this fucking thing, i thought it was gonna be the hot shit, wow...

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
whooo that was awesome

G

Georgia

Nintendo was good yes...but then came N64 and they should have stopped there. Amazing. Simply amazing. I literally get depressed thinking about those days

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever have calecovision? That was my first console. I fuckin loved it and it was pretty bad ass for its time. Then I got a Nintendo for Christmas when I was 7. Best Christmas ever. Excite bike, super Mario 3, Rampage, Contra, Mike Tyson. Then I got a Sega which blew ass. Then a N64. Mother fucking Golden Eye CHAMP! That was my shit. I really wish I still had the calecovision and my Nintendo. I'd play that shit anyday over a PS3 or Wii. Damn I might just pick one up on eBay or something. Walk down memory lane lol.

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i had the obscure sega cd when i was a kid and thiught i was hot shit. it was an attachment to the normal sega that allowed you to play games on cd's instead of cartridges.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever have calecovision? That was my first console. I fuckin loved it and it was pretty bad ass for its time. Then I got a Nintendo for Christmas when I was 7. Best Christmas ever. Excite bike, super Mario 3, Rampage, Contra, Mike Tyson. Then I got a Sega which blew ass. Then a N64. Mother fucking Golden Eye CHAMP! That was my shit. I really wish I still had the calecovision and my Nintendo. I'd play that shit anyday over a PS3 or Wii. Damn I might just pick one up on eBay or something. Walk down memory lane lol.

FD logs on here with his colecovision.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i had a colecovision fucking zaxxon and gorf were the shit

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I aways wanted a Jaguar system. Maybe I can find one for dirt cheap on ebay...

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok nevermind, that shit is expensive.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i had the obscure sega cd when i was a kid and thiught i was hot shit. it was an attachment to the normal sega that allowed you to play games on cd's instead of cartridges.

I had the same thing. I just remember some cowboy game and also "Bram Stokers Dracula" everytime you died it would zoom in on Keanu's face.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nintendo! I swear that I had all the systems. I'd given most of them away as some point to my niece. My dad is cleaning out his attic & he says he has a nintendo system he pulled down. I have to run over & see which one it is.

Mike Tysons Punchout! was awesome!

Braw16

Reaction score
On Atari I used to love pitfall and I've never heard of that system YaYa. I really liked my sega Saturn because of the baseball.

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
X3 Mike Tysons Punchout! was awesome! I miss Atari

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I remember when I got my first Nintendo. Thought I was king of the world.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I played duck hunt like a gangster..I would hold the gun side ways

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Had colecovision, fuckin loved baseball on that machine!! Very realistic for its time!!

New Threads