Opinions on routine

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Im at 5k cal a day, I’m going to clean that up a bit for a week then go in to a short cut. Go My plan is to run sust deca and dbol. Clean bulk through that.
Why?! You have way too much bf to be eating like that imo..20 bucks says you could grow on 3000
I’ve been exactly where you are it’s dumb and you’re going to get fat and fuck your cycle up and then wonder what the fuck happened…I know that’s not what you wanna hear but it’s the truth

You’re gonna have to lose more than 15 pounds to be in a good starting point imo

Also you’re bouncing all over the place…I’m guessing you’re bulking ok great now maintain for a while before you go into a cut. Like I said I’ve made the mistakes you’re about to and took me 3 years to get unfat and have abs again…I’d really rethink your plan man

K&k

Reaction score
Why?! You have way too much bf to be eating like that imo..20 bucks says you could grow on 3000
I’ve been exactly where you are it’s dumb and you’re going to get fat and fuck your cycle up and then wonder what the fuck happened…I know that’s not what you wanna hear but it’s the truth

You’re gonna have to lose more than 15 pounds to be in a good starting point imo
I’ve been eating that way way since Christmas Day honestly. I’m getting all my meals in just eating some extra stuff in between. It’s winter who cares lol I’m pulling it back though, I want to be lean through out the summer I’m going to see how I feel at 200, I’ll post pics when I get there.
My wife and I are looking for a gf so we both like to look good but I like to eat too and I care less in the winter about the extra bf

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I’ve been eating that way way since Christmas Day honestly. I’m getting all my meals in just eating some extra stuff in between. It’s winter who cares lol I’m pulling it back though, I want to be lean through out the summer I’m going to see how I feel at 200, I’ll post pics when I get there.
My wife and I are looking for a gf so we both like to look good but I like to eat too and I care less in the winter about the extra bf
Sounds good and I hear you with being winter..I just wouldn’t go in to a hard cut immediately I’d find what your maintenance cals are and do that for a while then cut.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
not really that impressive, I just started really focusing on diet and training this past year and a half with one small cycle. and I have not worked this split I posted, I was looking to add some more volume to mine and hit every thing twice a week, was on the bro split for a while. I’m seeing now I don’t need more volume.
Its ok to work muscle twice per week but your body can only handle so much volume. 20 sets total per week per body part is on the high side. Doing 20 sets twice per week will hinder progress, not help.

With the exception of arms, I work each muscle once per week. 12-15 sets with an occasional 18-20 sets on lower weight, higher rep weeks.

Everyone is different but I don't know anyone who is going to be able to handle the amount of volume that you proposed week in and week out without destroying their CNS and eventually not making progress at all.

K&k

Reaction score
Its ok to work muscle twice per week but your body can only handle so much volume. 20 sets total per week per body part is on the high side. Doing 20 sets twice per week will hinder progress, not help.

With the exception of arms, I work each muscle once per week. 12-15 sets with an occasional 18-20 sets on lower weight, higher rep weeks.

Everyone is different but I don't know anyone who is going to be able to handle the amount of volume that you proposed week in and week out without destroying their CNS and eventually not making progress at all.
I’ll definitely re figure this up, appreciate it

Reaction score
5’10 214
Currently on mk677 and cjc 1295
5k cal a day. Dirty going to keep it dirty for another month when I start another cycle I’m going to clean it up just want to get feed back I’m creating my wife and I both new splits. Want some opinions see if we can change or add to it. Any thing we can do to get better.

Here’s mine
Monday
Leg ext 4x15
Mod Heavy squat 4x10-12
Leg press 4x15
Split squat 4x20
Rdl 3x10-12
Ham curls 6x15
Calve raises 6x15

Tuesday

Flatbench 4x10-12
Incline 4x15
MP DB 4x15
Rear delt press 4x15
Chest flys 4x15 +tri pull down 15 SS alt arm. Across body.
Shrugs 4x10-12
Overhead tri pull 3x10-12
Rear shrugs 3x15
Rope tri pull down 4x15
Rg tri pull down 4x20
Cable side lat4x15
Close grip bench 3x10-12
Burn out tri pull down 2x30

Wednesday
Lat pull down 4x15
Alt arm lat pull 4x15
Db rows 4x10-12
Seated cable row 3x15
Seated cable row 3x15
Standing cable row 3x20
Cable delt fly 4x15
Facepulls 3x20
HC 4x15
Seated curl db hold at top 4x10-12
Preacher curl 4x10-12
Reverse grip cambered bad 4x15
Wrist curls3x15

Thursday
Heavy squat 6 x 6-10
Leg press 4x15
Split squat 4x20
Leg ext 5x 20
Ham curl 5x20
Calve raises 6x15

Friday
Heavy MP 4x 10-12
Rear delt press 4x10-12
Incline db 4x 15
Flat db 4x15
Chest fly 4x15 +tri pull down 15 SS
Shrugs 4x15
Skull crushers 3x15
Rear shrugs 3x15
Side cable 4x15
Rg pull down 4x15
Close Pull down 3x30

Saturday repeat Wednesday

Sunday repeat Tuesday

Abs EOD
Schwarzenegger would like it. Mike Mentzer would disagree.

Reaction score
I’ve been eating that way way since Christmas Day honestly.
Respectfully, you've been eating that way since  before Christmas day.

You bulking right now (a dirty bulk nonetheless) is less effective regarding both muscle gain AND overall looks.

Right now, it's like bringing piles of trash into your house - while your house is already full of trash... maybe clean it up to see the floors before piling in more shit?

Reaction score
Unnecessary and probably going to tax you if used long term.

Moderation and balance leads to consistency and results, this short term sprint thing is just that short term.

Find the routine you truly enjoy and stick to it, it's going to the best.

Reaction score
Here’s mine
Monday
Leg ext 4x15
Mod Heavy squat 4x10-12
Leg press 4x15
Split squat 4x20
Rdl 3x10-12
Ham curls 6x15
Calve raises 6x15
Leg ext may be in just to warm the knees up and get the blood flowing.

2 squats. Wtf take one out.
Leg press two…

Take that out or take the squats out completely
If you do
Hamstring curls. Yo the weight and lower the reps.

If you wanted to keep this volume this is what I would do..

Also rDL. I guess the #is ok.

Please don’t tell me your girl is doing this same routine.

Plus with that much volume and no rest your just hindering gains.

Also.. stay ways from the steriods..

You do not need them for what your looking to do..

Reactions: K&k
Reaction score
And dirty bulk.

I eat clean most 90% of the time..
It’s just the life we live..

Yesterday I had a dbl cheese from McDonald’s because for the last 3 weeks I have been craving them..

I ate it and felt like a fatty.

On the other hand I had a long work shift the other day and when I got out I felt like eating a digorno pizza. But I didn’t.

So dirty bulk is not productive

If you can’t afford to bulk clean them here are ways to do it in a budget and still be clean about it..

Ground beef and rice is the best way..

Beef is a little expensive as we know but you can really pound the carbs in with the rice.

You could add beans to the ground beef. More calories.

Also you can buy the big bags of store brand sugar cereal…
Eat it before and after training. Good way to get extra carbs.

I can get a huge bag for like 7$

And the list goes in. Calorie dense food and you can get them for decent price just gotta shop.

Belive me shit is not cheap.
I have a famil if 4 and my grocery bill is fucking hurendouse..

It has gone up at least 400$ a month..

So my wife shops for me and I eat whatever protein is on sale. If pork chops are 199 I buy 10 pounds. So whatever it is.

Dirty bulking is for the birds. And it makes us look like shit.

K&k

Reaction score
And dirty bulk.

Yesterday I had a dbl cheese from McDonald’s because for the last 3 weeks I have been craving them..

On the other hand I had a long work shift the other day and when I got out I felt like eating a digorno pizza. But I didn’t.

If you can’t afford to bulk clean them here are ways to do it in a budget and still be clean about it..

Beef is a little expensive as we know but you can really pound the carbs in with the rice.

And the list goes in. Calorie dense food and you can get them for decent price just gotta shop.

So my wife shops for me and I eat whatever protein is on sale. If pork chops are 199 I buy 10 pounds. So whatever it is.

My main diet is rice chicken and eggs,
And dirty bulk.

I have 5 kids my dirty bull has been a result of the holidays and I don’t really care in the winter. My diet consist of eggs chicken and rice 90 percent of the time. My wife’s on a a bro split way less volume. Sorry I didn’t mean to slick post on that before I finished. Groceries are ridiculous

Reaction score
Im at 5k cal a day, I’m going to clean that up a bit for a week then go in to a short cut. Go My plan is to run sust deca and dbol. Clean bulk through that.
You’re not ready to run this.

Your diet is poor

Your training isn’t right

Don’t hire your trainer back. Ever. He is a hack. Bad “trainers” use high volume, low intensity programming because lighter weights are easy to do but with all that volume you feel sore afterwards. People equate soreness with muscle growth. That’s not the case. Volume also produces fatigue which will hinder your next workout. These “trainers” know how to run the scam. If they actually had their clients run an effective workout it would be “too hard” and “I didn’t feel like it did anything” and the client would go to a different shithead hack trainer. It’s terrible.

Lower the number of sets to 2 each. Lower the number of reps to FAILURE in the 8-12 rep range (except for squats and deadlifts). Your 2 hour workouts will only take an hour but you will get A LOT more accomplished. You won’t feel sore and you’ll be able to recover quicker for the next workout. Find a proven program that incorporates this and don’t reinvent the wheel.

After doing that for a year, then reevaluate whether running PEDs is right at that time.

K&k

Reaction score
You’re not ready to run this.

Your diet is poor

Your training isn’t right

Don’t hire your trainer back. Ever. He is a hack. Bad “trainers” use high volume, low intensity programming because lighter weights are easy to do but with all that volume you feel sore afterwards. People equate soreness with muscle growth. That’s not the case. Volume also produces fatigue which will hinder your next workout. These “trainers” know how to run the scam. If they actually had their clients run an effective workout it would be “too hard” and “I didn’t feel like it did anything” and the client would go to a different shithead hack trainer. It’s terrible.

Lower the number of sets to 2 each. Lower the number of reps to FAILURE in the 8-12 rep range (except for squats and deadlifts). Your 2 hour workouts will only take an hour but you will get A LOT more accomplished. You won’t feel sore and you’ll be able to recover quicker for the next workout. Find a proven program that incorporates this and don’t reinvent the wheel.

After doing that for a year, then reevaluate whether running PEDs is right at that time.
I can reel my diet back in, I had that down last summer I just haven’t cared it’s been the holiday's wife doesn’t care so I eat in the winter, I’ll lean back out shortly. I’ll look for a different split. I’ve been on a bro split routine it’s done me well was just looking to change it up and add more to it, I was wrong. I’ll keep with that until I find something better, that’s why I came here first before I tried it. I’m new to taking this seriously and appreciate any information I can get.

Reaction score
This is spot on….
I’ve seen guy I know run this on his female clients all the time.. you are right.. so true

K&k

Reaction score
And dirty bulk.

Cutting out all the bullshit this week, how does this look? This is for the most part what I’ve been eating every day but without all the extras and bs snacks.

3 eggs tortilla wrap w/light Mayo

1 cup of blueberries

Oikos pro

5oz tuna &crackers

1 cup rice 6oz chicken

Light Italian

1 cup rice 6 oz chicken

Light ranch Parmesan sauce

1 cup parm rice 8oz pork tenderloin or steak

With veggies

2scoops of whey after training

2cups fairlife fat free 2 cups cereal before bed

3700 cal 351 carbs 87 fat 324 protein

Reaction score
Cutting out all the bullshit this week, how does this look? This is for the most part what I’ve been eating every day but without all the extras and bs snacks.

1 cup of blueberries

Oikos pro

5oz tuna &crackers

1 cup rice 6oz chicken

Light Italian

1 cup rice 6 oz chicken

With veggies

Did you calculate your TDEE

K&k

Reaction score
Did you calculate your TDEE
It’s hard with the job I do, there are some days I don’t do much and other days I’m on equipment all day sweating my ass off. Very physically demanding there are days I have to take off take time to rest because of work. I have had surgery a couple years so some times puts me on my ass for a few days.
I’m not sure how I would really track it with work but i would maintain 203-205 around 3500 cal.
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen 215 lol. I’m researching more splits and doing more research, I’m starting over will definitely come to you guys before I make any changes from now on. I’ll take my weekend off and work what I have been working until I find a better ppl option

K&k

Reaction score
It’s hard with the job I do, there are some days I don’t do much and other days I’m on equipment all day sweating my ass off. Very physically demanding there are days I have to take off take time to rest because of work. I have had surgery a couple years so some times puts me on my ass for a few days.
I’m not sure how I would really track it with work but i would maintain 203-205 around 3500 cal.
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen 215 lol. I’m researching more splits and doing more research, I’m starting over will definitely come to you guys before I make any changes from now on. I’ll take my weekend off and work what I have been working until I find a better ppl option
I think I can do it with a fit bit and average it out 🤷🏽‍♂️

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

1 cup of blueberries

Oikos pro

5oz tuna &crackers

1 cup rice 6oz chicken

Light Italian

1 cup rice 6 oz chicken

With veggies

Calories seem way high at your weight and height.

K&k

Reaction score
Calories seem way high at your weight and height.
Been eating a lot of extra shit was working my way down getting used to less food, some said trim the fat and get my training right. I was goin to work my way down and find where I’ll maintain at again, and drop it again. I can adjust rather quickly

New Threads