Oxford scientists may have a vaccine by September

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I’m open to the possibility of government incompetence or even malice, coverups etc.

There are thousands of Coronaviruses in the animal kingdom and many are studied daily.

So, maybe. Maybe not. IMO.

It was CovSARS2. This is another reason why the system can be so abusive. "Well, NHS ****ed up and let foreign Nationals export an particularly virulent strand of coronavirus be exported to the Chinese." And then there's the "hey the US government funded the Wuhan 'research' to the tune of over $3 million a year." NOBODY WILL EVER BE PUNISHED FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DEATHS....because government. Had an individual done this, he'd have his neck stretched.

We are all programmed to accept that "government is not perfect" but has damn near unlimited power to destroy. We'd never afford an individual this sort of leeway.

We killed 1 out of ever 40 Iraqis over the last few decades and turned that hell hole into a shit pile and just said "oops." Same with Syria.

But magically more trust is bestowed...if not trust, the benefit of the doubt, for sure.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Oh, sorry.

I’m unaware of which way I should
be leaning politically, therefore I’m also unsure of what I should know for certain and what I’m still allowed to be unsure of.

I’d like to have the certainty that people with stronger polical opinions have. Just not sure I’m ready to commit to any sort of ideology.

I’m open to the idea you prospose. I’m also open to the theory that flu vaccines are extremely cheap and “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.

The flu vaccine has a 40% -60% success rate on its best years. This can be found online in hundreds of medical journals. There is also evidence to support a wide variety of side effects associated with it which can typically be found in the same journals. Personally, a 50% shot of not getting the flu is not high enough odds for me to inject a virus into my body on purpose whether its live or not...

Everything that has to do with medicine in the United States is political. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either blind or doesn't pay attention to their surroundings. I could throw out AIDS and cancer cures or the lack thereof and the amount of expensive treatment options available instead as examples but that may be too political for this discussion.

Some people follow the herd and others think outside of the box and dare to do their own research outside of media. You seem to be one who does research so I am confused why my response seemed like an opinion.

I am not a victim. I never have been. The media does not scare me. I don't write conspiracy theories and tell people to hide from something they can only speculate about. If I die tomorrow, I die a man with free will unpersuaded by the masses.

My point is simply that the government is involved in anything that makes money. Politicians are corrupt on every side. Pharmaceutical is a big business and the top cucks of these organizations are feeding our politicians under the table and is pretty well known or so I thought. It is better known and more popularly called "Lobbying". Maybe being out of the states and in a less political environment has made you forget?

I refuse to bow down. If that makes me lean to a political side in your opinion, well you have your opinion as I have mine.

Respect

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The flu vaccine has a 40% -60% success rate on its best years. This can be found online in hundreds of medical journals. There is also evidence to support a wide variety of side effects associated with it which can typically be found in the same journals. Personally, a 50% shot of not getting the flu is not high enough odds for me to inject a virus into my body on purpose whether its live or not...

Everything that has to do with medicine in the United States is political. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either blind or doesn't pay attention to their surroundings. I could throw out AIDS and cancer cures or the lack thereof and the amount of expensive treatment options available instead as examples but that may be too political for this discussion.

Some people follow the herd and others think outside of the box and dare to do their own research outside of media. You seem to be one who does research so I am confused why my response seemed like an opinion.

I am not a victim. I never have been. The media does not scare me. I don't write conspiracy theories and tell people to hide from something they can only speculate about. If I die tomorrow, I die a man with free will unpersuaded by the masses.

My point is simply that the government is involved in anything that makes money. Politicians are corrupt on every side. Pharmaceutical is a big business and the top cucks of these organizations are feeding our politicians under the table and is pretty well known or so I thought. It is better known and more popularly called "Lobbying". Maybe being out of the states and in a less political environment has made you forget?

I refuse to bow down. If that makes me lean to a political side in your opinion, well you have your opinion as I have mine.

Respect

The respect is mutual man. I’m more of an agnostic than a believer when it comes to what is really going on.

Undecided and open to all reasonable opinions.

For instance, I agree equally with Jol and Savage. Honestly it’s hard to say whose view point may be the “correct” or accurate one.

I just lack the certainty that you have. I know politics (and business for that matter) are corrupt. Exactly how and to what extent, I’m unsure.

I am mostly pleased that we, as a community, are able to have these types of conversations in a mature and thoughtful manner.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Vaccination is for old fuks so they dont die, I will pass as well. Though I have been a fast believer of the flu vaccine im gonna give this a hard pass unless mandated by my employer...

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Any micro-chip theory conspiracy weirdos who think a micro-chip in a vaccine is going to make you anymore "trackable" then you already are is deluded. You're every move can be tracked right now by nefarious people or gov't if they want too. Nobody on this board lives off the grid

the people that worry about tracking device's are usually in my experience not worth tracking at all, chump change, waste of a microchip.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep no to the vaccine for me either, if enough sheep get one, ill be g2g...

Flue vaccine?? How is it a vaccine when it makes u sick, yes u build antibodies, but who's to say some here havent already had this crap and now have the antibodies

I mean this flu "vaccine" simply gives u the flu so u can build antibodies.... This covid was created in a lab, and let loose....

If it weren't so, china would not have put that escape clause in the deal they signed with trump... Of course there is gonna be a pandemic, the chinese didnt want to sign that chit...

So a no for me... Havent been vaccinated since my uncle sam told me to be...

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Respect

Nothing in here I would disagree with. My objection to some of the comments in this thread have more to do with a mindset of refusing to act in a responsible way in this situation by equating social distancing and quarantining with "bowing down", suggesting there is something noble in skirting the recommendations made by folks who have far more medical knowledge than you or I which, in doing so, could put others at risk.

I 100% agree with doing yer own research and drawing yer own conclusions. I've just not yet seen anything convincing to suggest that the current pandemic is anything other than a virus, the spread of which can be slowed by following these suggested protocols. I don't see this as an attempt to curtail my freedoms, just a rational response to a global crises .

I see some parallels in how folks perceive the pandemic guidelines to those who supported the Homeland Security Act after 9/11. Many did and still do see 9/11 as an orchestrated event designed in part to heighten domestic surveillance and to create a fear-based environment against the backdrop of terrorism in which the government could offer 'security' in exchange for less personal privacy, more personal restrictions. One could propose that in each case an ambiguous, amorphous 'enemy' was created which the government could use to align the masses to their will. In reality, ye have a better chance of being attacked by an animal than ye do of being killed by a terrorist, but we're not seeing protests to repeal the HSA.

Point as well that lobbyists also manipulate regular blokes, not just politicians.

I'm all for independent thinking, I'm just not of the mindset that all opinions are created equally and I'm wary of decision making based on emotion & not facts. If I want to put another 30lbs on me deadlift, I'll ask Brother Iron to check my form. If I'm feeling sick, I go to a doctor. I'd not ask me doctor to help my sumo, and I'd not ask BI to diagnose me crotch rash.

This IMO is one of those situations. I'll place more credence on the opinions of medical professionals than that of lay people with respect to how to manage virus contagion. Thats not blind trust or blind patriotism, its just recognition that even by doing me own research (which I do) I can't expect to be on-par with a bloke who has studied and practiced medicine for decades. I worry about the anti-intellectualism movement thats been growing the past few years. Science deniers, politicians spouting medical advice. People who think their Google search or Facebook group is superior to a formal academic training and years of hands-on experience. There's a great book called "The Madness of Crowds" from 1841 that speaks to this, the notion that an individual opinion can be reinforced through tribalism to the point that one begins to regard their opinion as a fact - even when science and legitimate experts in the field disagree.

Good to question authority and do yer own thinking, for certain. Good also though to seek wise counsel in areas where ye may not be expert.

Stay safe, BSP. Respect.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
^^^if I could express myself as well as savage, this is what I’d write. 100% in agreement. Excellent post.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Nothing in here I would disagree with. My objection to some of the comments in this thread have more to do with a mindset of refusing to act in a responsible way in this situation by equating social distancing and quarantining with "bowing down", suggesting there is something noble in skirting the recommendations made by folks who have far more medical knowledge than you or I which, in doing so, could put others at risk.

I 100% agree with doing yer own research and drawing yer own conclusions. I've just not yet seen anything convincing to suggest that the current pandemic is anything other than a virus, the spread of which can be slowed by following these suggested protocols. I don't see this as an attempt to curtail my freedoms, just a rational response to a global crises .

I see some parallels in how folks perceive the pandemic guidelines to those who supported the Homeland Security Act after 9/11. Many did and still do see 9/11 as an orchestrated event designed in part to heighten domestic surveillance and to create a fear-based environment against the backdrop of terrorism in which the government could offer 'security' in exchange for less personal privacy, more personal restrictions. One could propose that in each case an ambiguous, amorphous 'enemy' was created which the government could use to align the masses to their will. In reality, ye have a better chance of being attacked by an animal than ye do of being killed by a terrorist, but we're not seeing protests to repeal the HSA.

Point as well that lobbyists also manipulate regular blokes, not just politicians.

I'm all for independent thinking, I'm just not of the mindset that all opinions are created equally and I'm wary of decision making based on emotion & not facts. If I want to put another 30lbs on me deadlift, I'll ask Brother Iron to check my form. If I'm feeling sick, I go to a doctor. I'd not ask me doctor to help my sumo, and I'd not ask BI to diagnose me crotch rash.

This IMO is one of those situations. I'll place more credence on the opinions of medical professionals than that of lay people with respect to how to manage virus contagion. Thats not blind trust or blind patriotism, its just recognition that even by doing me own research (which I do) I can't expect to be on-par with a bloke who has studied and practiced medicine for decades. I worry about the anti-intellectualism movement thats been growing the past few years. Science deniers, politicians spouting medical advice. People who think their Google search or Facebook group is superior to a formal academic training and years of hands-on experience. There's a great book called "The Madness of Crowds" from 1841 that speaks to this, the notion that an individual opinion can be reinforced through tribalism to the point that one begins to regard their opinion as a fact - even when science and legitimate experts in the field disagree.

Good to question authority and do yer own thinking, for certain. Good also though to seek wise counsel in areas where ye may not be expert.

Stay safe, BSP. Respect.
The thing with experts is that there are thousands of them with hundreds of different opinions. You can find so called experts with totally opposite opinions. The media and politicians choose which ones to promote. Often they choose the experts which most closely align with their agenda.

experts and scientists will also tell you God doesn’t exist because science says so.

for that reason I say **** the experts and look at the big picture.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Thought about posting a new thread for this video, but the video speaks to a lot of thing things we discussed in this thread...

These two men/doctors are taking a purely statistical look at the data and then extrapolating what we can know for sure (based on the data) and then also what we know for certain about microbiology and pathology and immune systems to bring into question whether or not we are doing the right thing by sheltering in place. It’s a long video, but well worth the watch.
[video]https://banned.video/watch?id=5ea4994ea881fd00808e95ad[/video]

Last edited:

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Thought about posting a new thread for this video, but the video speaks to a lot of thing things we discussed in this thread...

These two men/doctors are taking a purely statistical look at the data and then extrapolating what we can know for sure (based on the data) and then also what we know for certain about microbiology and pathology and immune systems to bring into question whether or not we are doing the right thing by sheltering in place. It’s a long video, but well worth the watch.
[video]https://banned.video/watch?id=5ea4994ea881fd00808e95ad[/video]

Does it make you wonder why YOUTUBE banned/censored this video?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

Not really, it’s par for the course. Most every social media platform is highly censored and politically/agenda biased.

Did you watch the video?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Not really, it’s par for the course. Most every social media platform is highly censored and politically/agenda biased.

Did you watch the video?

Yeah i had watched clips here and there since it got banned off youtube.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Probably because it was spreading false information about a factual topic, which would have the potential to influence people to do really stupid shit :)

testnoob

Reaction score
Well they say Americans are willing to trade away some of their freedom for the illusion of safety. I guess this is true

New Threads