Pharmaceutical vs Underground Labs (UGL)

rexwal

Reaction score
I would like to know your experience/ thoughts when choosing between pharma or underground lab gears. I am posting this thread since I could not find a previous similar topic comparing the both.

1. Are there any difference in grades? I am assuming there is since there is a price difference or maybe it is just because one is imported while the other is made locally.
2. Would UGL be slightly under dosed?
3. Do UGL typically cause more PIP than pharma?
4. What about safety? I take that the pharma grade would have been manufactured in very controlled lab environment while UGL in maybe a confined bedroom, I am not sure. Have there been cases where a UGL product have contained impurities that in turn have created complications for the user?

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
In my opinion the biggest benefit you get from using pharmaceutical produced products is the quality control standard the products must pass.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I would like to know your experience/ thoughts when choosing between pharma or underground lab gears. I am posting this thread since I could not find a previous similar topic comparing the both.

1. Are there any difference in grades? I am assuming there is since there is a price difference or maybe it is just because one is imported while the other is made locally.
2. Would UGL be slightly under dosed?
3. Do UGL typically cause more PIP than pharma?
4. What about safety? I take that the pharma grade would have been manufactured in very controlled lab environment while UGL in maybe a confined bedroom, I am not sure. Have there been cases where a UGL product have contained impurities that in turn have created complications for the user?

1. I would assume pharma grade is pretty darn pure, about as pure as possible. UGL could be all over the place but often times 'pretty close' to pure if you find the right source.
2. Unless you get a source that purposely under-doses I wouldn't say it's necessarily typical. You're more likely to get over-dosed UGL products than over-dosed pharma grade because UGL is likely using much less accurate equipment/methods of manufacture.
3. A lot of times PIP is user dependant but if it's PIP caused by impurities and poor brewing methods I'd say you'd be more likely to but I wouldn't say it's extremely common. Depends again on your source.
4. Definitely....go to the Meso-RX forum and read some stories. I don't think it's extremely common though. Again, depends on the source. There are plenty of bad ones so the key is to find a couple good ones and stick with them.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are other considerations as well between pharma and URL ... in many places in the world you cannot get testosterone or other AAS without a prescription .. this fact causes those who are not eligible for scripts to look elsewhere.

If a choice is possible most would prefer the pharma option due to the quality message as Mugzy pointed out ...

Of course another consideration is cost ... this may be another reason that UGL's exists .. many do offer high quality at a far more affordable price.

Reaction score
As far as I know I have never used legitimate pharma grade. Except for my stuff I get for my trt.. so maybe I am missing out on something. Not sure. I do know all the stuff I have ever gotten has been homebrewfrom friends or from uglabs. I have never had a issue. I don’t want to jinx myself. But I will say this. I have only ever dealt with 3 maybe for different company’s over the past many many years and I usually stay pretty loyal. That works both ways.
As far as any issues with pip. I think this is all part of it. I have gotten pip from the test I get from the pharmacy. Sometime you just hit the wrong spot and it happens.
tren shot and test prop have crippled me before.
You can’t beat the Saftey standards that a controlled lab environment gives.
if a ug lab is legit and have been in buisness for years then I am going to say that they may have a system down where they can be as sterile as they could.
If you have the $$$$ and you can get pharma grade then by all means get it. I would.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of counterfeits out there. As a general rule, I trust ug gear that's upfront about it more than ug gear that's pretending they're human grade.

ftf

Reaction score
Lots of counterfeits out there. As a general rule, I trust ug gear that's upfront about it more than ug gear that's pretending they're human grade.

What is "human grade"? Does UG lab mean it can't be human grade?

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is "human grade"? Does UG lab mean it can't be human grade?
Human grade pharma as opposed to veterinary grade.

UG labs do not meet the standards of human grade production from a certification standpoint.

Reactions: ftf

New Threads