PLEASE READ: Board culture and member conduct

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Hope you got it under control bud, thanks for doing this!
It's on autopilot. I don't like that it's on. I hope Mugzy is back soon so that we can find a real solution, and I can disable it.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be certain to suggestive a complex motive or rationale behind trolls trolling. Plenty of people just like to watch the world burn and get something out of contributing to it.

To the original post, I'm reasonably active on a dozen or so boards. BBing, cigars, psychology, whisky, watches, fountain pens, etc etc.. BBing boards always run at a higher temp, imo, because of the consequences attached to what we're discussing at times. The other day a 19yo kid asked a question about PCT on a FB gear/sarms page. Some idiot replied encouraging him to not come off, but get on "TRT." The kid didn't know shit (as evidenced by asking what PCT to use in week 11/12), but was on board with this idiots recommendation and were discussing dosages, paired with boatloads of wrong, dangerous recs. Everyone lit this kid up aggressively as you can imagine. Yes, forums are a space to learn, but how it is not wise to come down on someone spewing nonsense that can get someone hurt?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I wouldn't be certain to suggestive a complex motive or rationale behind trolls trolling. Plenty of people just like to watch the world burn and get something out of contributing to it.

To the original post, I'm reasonably active on a dozen or so boards. BBing, cigars, psychology, whisky, watches, fountain pens, etc etc.. BBing boards always run at a higher temp, imo, because of the consequences attached to what we're discussing at times. The other day a 19yo kid asked a question about PCT on a FB gear/sarms page. Some idiot replied encouraging him to not come off, but get on "TRT." The kid didn't know shit (as evidenced by asking what PCT to use in week 11/12), but was on board with this idiots recommendation and were discussing dosages, paired with boatloads of wrong, dangerous recs. Everyone lit this kid up aggressively as you can imagine. Yes, forums are a space to learn, but how it is not wise to come down on someone spewing nonsense that can get someone hurt?
I don't disagree... Where I differentiate is between someone clearly giving bad advice to a person who doesn't know any better... vs an idiot asking for advice but doesn't know enough to even understand what search terms to put together.

The former type of person, point out they are wrong and show they are wrong through a display of knowledge. If they continually do this, then unload without necessarily flinging mud. Intel.imperative is a good example of this kind of person... and I don't have much issue with how members handled it.

The latter type of person, throw the guy a bone and help him help himself. Point him to an article, give him some search terms.. or if someone is feeling generous enough then just completely spell it out for them. Some people are not that smart, and need more help than others. If someone doesn't want to bother helping this kind of person then they can just not respond; problem solved.

I don't think everyone needs to be protected, but I don't believe that default behavior should always be to beat someone over the head with a hammer. I also acknowledge there are times and places where a hammer might be warranted... but again, not by default.

One thing I've seen a lot of is people seeming to get angry when they give someone unsolicited advice, only to find that person doesn't want it.. or getting angry after giving someone advice and then they make a decision to go a different route. I see no need to attack in either of those scenarios; just let them be. First hand experience is the biggest educator. They will seek advice when they are ready.

Reaction score
I don't disagree... Where I differentiate is between someone clearly giving bad advice to a person who doesn't know any better... vs an idiot asking for advice but doesn't know enough to even understand what search terms to put together.

The former type of person, point out they are wrong and show they are wrong through a display of knowledge. If they continually do this, then unload without necessarily flinging mud. Intel.imperative is a good example of this kind of person... and I don't have much issue with how members handled it.

The latter type of person, throw the guy a bone and help him help himself. Point him to an article, give him some search terms.. or if someone is feeling generous enough then just completely spell it out for them. Some people are not that smart, and need more help than others. If someone doesn't want to bother helping this kind of person then they can just not respond; problem solved.

I don't think everyone needs to be protected, but I don't believe that default behavior should always be to beat someone over the head with a hammer. I also acknowledge there are times and places where a hammer might be warranted... but again, not by default.

One thing I've seen a lot of is people seeming to get angry when they give someone unsolicited advice, only to find that person doesn't want it.. or getting angry after giving someone advice and then they make a decision to go a different route. I see no need to attack in either of those scenarios; just let them be. First hand experience is the biggest educator. They will seek advice when they are ready.
Fair enough. I couldn't remember his name but Intel.imperative was the guy who came to mind previously. Idiot was giving advice in the DNP forum. Point taken though and I agree with you.

Reaction score
So, it's all about the lowdown on the board culture and how us members gotta roll. You know how it is - there's always some rules and vibes to follow in any community, right?

They're laying it out straight, making sure everyone's on the same page. Gotta keep it respectful, keep the discussions legit, and just generally be cool with each other. No drama llama stuff, ya feel?

Reaction score
I'd say it's a good reminder for everyone to keep it chill and keep the community tight. So, before you jump into the threads, peep this link and get the scoop on how we all gotta carry ourselves. Stay swole, fam! 💪

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I'd say it's a good reminder for everyone to keep it chill and keep the community tight. So, before you jump into the threads, peep this link and get the scoop on how we all gotta carry ourselves. Stay swole, fam! 💪
Now go introduce yourself in the new members sub-forum.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
So, it's all about the lowdown on the board culture and how us members gotta roll. You know how it is - there's always some rules and vibes to follow in any community, right?

They're laying it out straight, making sure everyone's on the same page. Gotta keep it respectful, keep the discussions legit, and just generally be cool with each other. No drama llama stuff, ya feel?
Thanks, Tips. I found the title of the post super confusing until you cleared it up for me.

New Threads