Post Something That Makes You Laugh

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
@The Phoenix

One of my favorite name videos , its old but its funny as hell.

I once asked my husband for the masculine name for Esperanza (meaning Hope); and he said Espera/Esperando (meaning wait or waiting) which I knew was a joke; but later, I happened to come across on LinkedIn and found an Espera Cardenas from a Central American country.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I once asked my husband for the masculine name for Esperanza (meaning Hope); and he said Espera/Esperando (meaning wait or waiting) which I knew was a joke; but later, I happened to come across on LinkedIn and found an Espera Cardenas from a Central American country.
That might be due to emigration at some point Espara isn't a Latino name it's a Hispanic surname.

Espara is an old name from the Pyrenees foothills around
Pamplona. At some point if you search I bet you'll find them heading to new spain or puerto rico ,and it became Esparza due to dialect changes and cultural differences.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
That might be due to emigration at some point Espara isn't a Latino name it's a Hispanic surname.

Pamplona. At some point if you search I bet you'll find them heading to new spain or puerto rico ,and it became Esparza due to dialect changes and cultural differences.
I am of that descent, Euskadi.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any scene from "Tropic Thunder"!

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score

I always thought Esparza came from the Arabic meaning fortress. Azúcar comes originally comes from Sanskrit, taken to a later derivation from the Persian, then to Arab ‘zukar’ and finally Spanish 🇪🇸 Azucar meaning sugar. The Sanskrit word means sweet, but I don’t have it off the top of my head.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Something funny at the gym today...

There's this Latina who works out at my gym. Super thick (probably too thick for a lot of guys), always half naked and always filming with a tripod. I've actually had a few brief words with her, she's a sweet girl despite how she acts.

I'm on the hip adductor machine, and she's on a tricep pulldown in front of me. Just putting her booty up in the air for the camera, barely working out.

This cop comes over to use the lat pulldown next to the Tricep pulldown. The minute he sees the woman and what she's doing, he does a 180 and goes to the pec Dec. A few minutes later, she moves to another part of the gym and he bolts right over to the lat pulldown. 😂 He definitely didn't want to be anywhere near her video.

New Threads