pre-cycle anavar warm-up

Reaction score
For a person with no plans to go on TRT for life, and wanting to do only 1 cycle per year, for few years, with the goal of max gains retention "for as long as possible".

What do you guys think of this creative way with a mildy supressive precycle of anavar, to stretch the "on" period and prime the body for the real cycle:
- determine baseline natural T levels with bloodwork before starting.
- Pre-cycle: Start with very low dosage of anavar (maybe + ostarine?), like even at 5mg feminine dosage, and very slowly go up with the dosage over time, actually stretch as long as possible as long as there is litte gains. But do bloodwork every 2 weeks, if no significant T-suppression, just continue on this with upping the dosage slowly as long as there is little gains and no signficant T-suppression. (The idea is: This will get me in above-natural shape already before the cycle.) For some T-supression-sensitive individuals that might be only 2 weeks, and some insensitive individuals this might be 6 months (if the dosage is started extremely low and upping the dosage is stretched over time). No need to guess that, bloodwork will show.
- Then when T suppression starts getting more signficant, I fix the T levels by starting the real cycle, and throw in the T (+whatever) . I then cycle for 12-16 weeks with the T (+whatever). Also add in few shots of HCG spread over the cycle as insurance to keep my testicular size.
- Then start normal PCT after the compounds cleared, e.g. HCG for a bit longer and then nolva/enclo.
- Monitor recovery with blood work, and when there has been stable T-recovery for at least 6 months, do same again.

Reaction score
Yes. So the question is if such "pre-cycle of (lightly dosed, slowly increasing) anavar" is worth it in your opinion? (For the goal of max gains/retention on minimum duration of full T/HPTA-suppression once per year).

And all the other things such as PCT, I just typed to show everything else is normal procedure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
An argument against this would be:
- Just shoot higher dosage of T (+whatever), and get the same extra gains on cycle, but in shorter time.
- Skipping mild HPTA-suppression/disturbance at start (skipping the lightly dosed anavar-only) will help for faster HPTA recovery at end. Keeping more gains due to this.
- Its just simpler to do this, and a pre-cycle is just complicated and wasted attention. You don't get enough benefit from complicating like this. Easier to just be off/natural before the cycle.

An argument for this would be:
- Gains spread over time last longer in general (instead of quick gains on higher dosages on cycle). Also they are healthier and less stretch marks, etc.
- You can be lucky: Some supression insensitive individuals can go pretty long on (light) anavar only before suppression becomes significant. (If you have the money and attention time for bloodwork)
- The negative of anavar-only (without T-base) is canceled (as soon as you stick in the T exactly when suppression starts getting significant) while the benefit of anavar-only (enhancement over natural production) is kept for that period of time, whether its just 2 weeks (unlucky) or months (lucky), any extra period helps.
- The mild suppression at start does not negatively influence HPTA-recovery at the end.

Any other arguments/opinions/ideas? Did I overlook something?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another argument against this would be:
- Just shoot the T already during the same pre-cycle time, better extend the T (+whatever) period over the same pre-cycle time. Or just cycle shorter if you are so afraid of suppression.
- Taking any steroid (T or anavar) is immediate/significant suppression. Mild supression with anavar is a myth, you already get significantly shut down quick in +-2 days just like taking T itself, better take T from the start. Don't even fuck around trying to do bloodwork to see if this is actually the case, its a dream, just accept reality of total shutdown of HPTA by taking any steroid, incl anavar-only.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Why do people try to get cute? Either do a cycle, or don't.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes. So the question is if such "pre-cycle of (lightly dosed, slowly increasing) anavar" is worth it in your opinion? (For the goal of max gains/retention on minimum duration of full T/HPTA-suppression once per year).

And all the other things such as PCT, I just typed to show everything else is normal procedure.

You're not getting any gainzzz from a low dose anavar cycle. Cut the nonsense and put on your big boy pants, either do a real cycle or don't.

Reaction score
Well, I am going to do 1 "real" cycle per year either way. Just asking if a pre-cycle of anavar is an upgrade if you've been off for long.

Most of you are on long-term blasting & cruising here I guess? Even 1 "real" cycle per year is nothing then?

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, it's an absolutely dumb idea. I am not joking.
Okay, I am trying to learn, can you tell me why exactly it is dumb?

Do you mean: It is a waste of time/effort, because even if such low dose pre-cycle actually does something, it would be like 1 gram of extra muscle that you can't even notice, so it's not worth the overthinking time?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Do you mean: It is a waste of time/effort, because even if such low dose pre-cycle actually does something, it would be like 1 gram of extra muscle that you can't even notice, so it's not worth the overthinking time?
Yes it's a waste of money, time, effort, and your health. You aren't going to gain anything from the dosages you are planning either. It's stupid.

You're overthinking. Everyone is telling you the same thing, and you keep coming back with the same questions. Just stop.

If you're going to do a cycle then just do one. Or if you enjoy wasting money, time, effort, and health then do whatever the hell you want.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I just have to reiterate that your plan is really stupid. 😂

Reaction score
Why
Yes it's a waste of money, time, effort, and your health.

The wasting "money, time, effort" part I get, thats about producing zero (or 1 useless gram) of results.

But why do you say "your health" too? If you do a "real cycle" anyway, would such light pre-cycle make your health so much worse? Which part of your health? Liver ? Lipids? And significantly enough difference compared to doing only the "real cycle"?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why

The wasting "money, time, effort" part I get, thats about producing zero (or 1 useless gram) of results.

But why do you say "your health" too? If you do a "real cycle" anyway, would such light pre-cycle make your health so much worse? Which part of your health? Liver ? Lipids? And significantly enough difference compared to doing only the "real cycle"?
Your a liberal aren’t you ?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Well, I am going to do 1 "real" cycle per year either way. Just asking if a pre-cycle of anavar is an upgrade if you've been off for long.

Most of you are on long-term blasting & cruising here I guess? Even 1 "real" cycle per year is nothing then?

If it were an upgrade, smart people would actually do it.

Trust me, you didn't discover the holy grail. I'm sure it's been done countless times before, and discarded with the other ideas that proved to be fruitless.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

There's nothing to gain. Show me any one male who's happy with their low dose anavar cycle.

G'head... I'll wait.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
For a person with no plans to go on TRT for life, and wanting to do only 1 cycle per year, for few years, with the goal of max gains retention "for as long as possible".

What do you guys think of this creative way with a mildy supressive precycle of anavar, to stretch the "on" period and prime the body for the real cycle:
- determine baseline natural T levels with bloodwork before starting.
- Pre-cycle: Start with very low dosage of anavar (maybe + ostarine?), like even at 5mg feminine dosage, and very slowly go up with the dosage over time, actually stretch as long as possible as long as there is litte gains. But do bloodwork every 2 weeks, if no significant T-suppression, just continue on this with upping the dosage slowly as long as there is little gains and no signficant T-suppression. (The idea is: This will get me in above-natural shape already before the cycle.) For some T-supression-sensitive individuals that might be only 2 weeks, and some insensitive individuals this might be 6 months (if the dosage is started extremely low and upping the dosage is stretched over time). No need to guess that, bloodwork will show.
- Then when T suppression starts getting more signficant, I fix the T levels by starting the real cycle, and throw in the T (+whatever) . I then cycle for 12-16 weeks with the T (+whatever). Also add in few shots of HCG spread over the cycle as insurance to keep my testicular size.
- Then start normal PCT after the compounds cleared, e.g. HCG for a bit longer and then nolva/enclo.
- Monitor recovery with blood work, and when there has been stable T-recovery for at least 6 months, do same again.
Hey don't listen to these guys. We actually all take steroids this way. I've been on low dose ostarine for 9 years straight...but only because my blood work is good.

Reaction score
So I conclude you get near-zero gains from this, useless in all your opinion. Thanks.

New Threads