Prolactin: why "control your E2 and everything will be fine" is both dangerous & wrong

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I listened to the whole thing.. Very interesting. The one thing I wonder is what are the consequences if you really let prolactin get away from you.. Is it anything beyond sort of annoying side effects or can you have any major issues.?
I noted the main side effects in the OP. The worst being galaactorrhea and the sexual stuff (premature ejaculation, ed, etc). I would certainly classify galaactorrhea as a major issue and much more than simply "annoying". In fact, pretty sure the folks who develop that side would be tempted to shoot you for dismissing it's severity like that :)

Hyperprolactinemia won't kill you. It'll just reduce the quality of life fairly drastically. I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy so, for me, that's worse.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I don't know how bad it can get but guess I picture galactorrhea as being a little occasional seepage but I imagine even a little has to be embarrassing and scary as shite.
I guess the bottom line is that we're not taking the cardiovascular risks of using AAS just to be shite in bed and seeping man milk.

Crom

Reaction score
Just read over the notes. Not sure if this is true or not. I heard B6 can help with prolactin. Is this true? Healthy prolactin levels would improve ones refractory times correct?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Just read over the notes. Not sure if this is true or not. I heard B6 can help with prolactin. Is this true? Healthy prolactin levels would improve ones refractory times correct?
B6 does a good job, yes. No idea about how to use it because the scientific community gave up on it long ago once we got better drugs (DAs) and...so did I. I'll let others chime in with dosing, etc.

On paper lowering your prolactin levels should help with refractory times. I personally noticed little difference. Probably because I never had a problem to begin with (#humblebrag).

Reactions: Jin

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
These 2 studies convinced me to preemptively use B6 during my cycles with Tren and NPP, although I had Caber on hand, just in case.

There's a link in this link to download the full paper...
"(PDF) The Role of Vitamin B6 in Reducing Serum Prolactin in Comparison to Cabergoline" https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Serum_Prolactin_in_Comparison_to_Cabergoline

"Effects of pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6) on chlorpromazine-induced serum prolactin rise in male rats - PubMed" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/501547/

My prolactin levels tested in range using B6, but there's no way to tell if that would've been the case regardless. I considered it an insurance policy.

I've heard a couple of people say it has to be used preemptively for it to work though, you can't just take it if you run into an issue. No idea if that's true or not though.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I've heard a couple of people say it has to be used preemptively for it to work though, you can't just take it if you run into an issue. No idea if that's true or not though.
Not ideal. You don't really want to bring in problem solvers unless you have a problem. Some level of pyridoxine neuropathy might also be an issue with high doses + long periods of use - again, someone who's looked into it more would have to comment.

My overall thoughts on B6 can be found here. I have nothing against people opting for it - cheaper for sure - but not for me personally. Caber is the gold standard for prolactinomas, it's side effects are greatly exaggerated at the doses we're dealing with, and B6 is never mentioned in any of the references I cited in the OP. The latter point in particular kills it as an option. JMO, my 2c, etc.

New Threads