Quad injection

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Does anyone have an image of all the safe injection sites on a thigh? I know about the Vastus Lateralis, I have a lot of scar tissue there so I alternate between lats and ventroglute (getting scar tissue there now)

So wondering of there are other safe places to pin

I pin the side of this muscle, can you come from the top?

Reaction score
i rarely pin quads, but I go about from where the needle is in this drawing to where his middle finger is.

Attachments

• 5450_image_4.png
    5450_image_4.png
    99 KB · Views: 9

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I got those spots thanks guys!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You can do IM injections anywhere the muscle is thick enough for your needle length.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
You can do IM injections anywhere the muscle is thick enough for your needle length.
That’s my mind leads me to believe but I also know I’m not a doctor so I double guess myself and say maybe it’s not that simple

Is there any risk of IT band injury if you inject in the wrong spot of the quad?

I always inject from the side but I was thinking if I inject from the top of the quad, top meaning the front if your looking straight at me rather than the side.

Or even the other quad muscles granted those are smaller

Reaction score
That’s my mind leads me to believe but I also know I’m not a doctor so I double guess myself and say maybe it’s not that simple

Is there any risk of IT band injury if you inject in the wrong spot of the quad?

I always inject from the side but I was thinking if I inject from the top of the quad, top meaning the front if your looking straight at me rather than the side.

ive tried to top of the sweep 3 different times. pip+limp for 3 days each time

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Nah man, that IT band is only a millimeter or two thick. You'll either be above it or through it and below. My question would be why would anyone use a nail to inject in the vastus lateralis? Should be able to hit that with a slin pin or 1/2 -1 needle. Of your legs are too fat for that, well, it's time to cut.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Nah man, that IT band is only a millimeter or two thick. You'll either be above it or through it and below. My question would be why would anyone use a nail to inject in the vastus lateralis? Should be able to hit that with a slin pin or 1/2 -1 needle. Of your legs are too fat for that, well, it's time to cut.
I use a slin pin and typically only inject a ml there at a time.
I always give a spot at least a full week before using it again.

For whatever reason though I have some very bad scar tissue in my vastus lateralis
I have good size lumps and most of the muscle is crunchy and very hard to inject into
I have a few spots where it feels like a peanut M&M size lump is in me
Same for my ventro glutes and it makes it so damn hard to push any oil in

Maybe I’m more prone to scar tissue idk
I am using lats now.
I don’t have any scar tissue in my delts but I always swell up with a good size lump on my delts when I pin (slim pin) so I don’t like using the delts

I have an app with a chiro who says he does deep tissue with but over the phone he was confused when I asked about deep tissue or Graston work on my scar tissue

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
slin pin for the win baby , right up through meet day , both quads in rotation with the rest ,, no runs no drips no errors.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

For whatever reason though I have some very bad scar tissue in my vastus lateralis
I have good size lumps and most of the muscle is crunchy and very hard to inject into

I am using lats now.
I don’t have any scar tissue in my delts but I always swell up with a good size lump on my delts when I pin (slim pin) so I don’t like using the delts

I have an app with a chiro who says he does deep tissue with but over the phone he was confused when I asked about deep tissue or Graston work on my scar tissue

Ever think about subcutaneous injections?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Ever think about subcutaneous injections?
I’ve been reading up on them, I do sub q for my HCG in my stomach.

I’m assuming you could do sub q anywhere there is enough fat to pinch

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
pretty much anywhere on the quad where u got muscle can be poked..Stick more to the outside or middle but dont got to close to the knee

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

I am using lats now.

Find a guy who does myofacial release, not deep tissue massage. Big difference and those are the dudes who get in there and dig.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Find a guy who does myofacial release, not deep tissue massage. Big difference and those are the dudes who get in there and dig.
Just saw a chiro and he used the Glaston on my thighs….holy crap it hurt
Gonna see him once a week for a bit and also buy my own and make my woman use it on me. Doesn’t feel good but I can def see how it’ll loosen it up

The chiro told me don’t inject on the outside side of the quad because of the IT band and that it could be causing me some back pain….
All the videos I ever seen of what injection show exactly the spot I do it. I’m keeping in mind he’s a chiro and not an MD
He told me to come from the top in the “belly” of the muscle

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just saw a chiro and he used the Glaston on my thighs….holy crap it hurt
Gonna see him once a week for a bit and also buy my own and make my woman use it on me. Doesn’t feel good but I can def see how it’ll loosen it up

The chiro told me don’t inject on the outside side of the quad because of the IT band and that it could be causing me some back pain….
All the videos I ever seen of what injection show exactly the spot I do it. I’m keeping in mind he’s a chiro and not an MD
He told me to come from the top in the “belly” of the muscle

I come in halfway between the top and side of the thigh, between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way up.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I come in halfway between the top and side of the thigh, between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way up.
So your Kinda coming from angle where the quad curves idk that doesn’t name sense when I Thpe it but in my head it does

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So your Kinda coming from angle where the quad curves idk that doesn’t name sense when I Thpe it but in my head it does

Pretty much halfway between the needle and the thumb on the other hand... Screenshot_20240104-162542_Chrome.jpg

New Threads