Question for Car Gurus

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
You ain't siphoning it through the fill cap. It'll have a screen in it.

Dude, don't trip on it. It'll be fine.

Run some fuel injector cleaner for the next tank or two amd relax.

You'll want to change the file filter pretty soon but it's going to be okay.
Where specifically is the screen on the honda pilot? I've never seen one in the fill pipe assembly on this model.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Where specifically is the screen on the honda pilot? I've never seen one in the fill pipe assembly on this model.

Seemed like it was close to the tank because I got the siphon tube down pretty far before something was blocking it. Or maybe it wasn't a screen, but there was definitely some type of obstruction.

Reaction score

Not sure about a Honda pilot. I've never owned an import.

But, it'll be in the fill neck just before the tank, or else just after your tank cap.

That's where they all are.

Reaction score
Not sure about a Honda pilot. I've never owned an import.

But, it'll be in the fill neck just before the tank, or else just after your tank cap.

That's where they all are.

At this point, siphoning out 17 gallons will be a pain in the ass.

You can get an electric siphon pump on amazon though if you’re worried.

I think you should be fine, might of been better if she filled it up with premium after, but take my advice with a grain of salt, you should call a Honda dealership and just see what they can tell you on the phone as free advice, and call a garage mechanic shop too, see what both their perspectives are.

Just don’t get suckered into paying $300 for some crazy bullshit.

Reaction score
You can just run it through. Your talking less than 10% if you top off the fuel tank. Are you sure it wasn't E85 because a diesel nozzle is bigger in diameter than gas/petrol. Usually you can fit a gas nozzle in diesel but not the other way around.

Reaction score
So I never followed up on this, but I think I should. It was ideling a little rought after a while and the dealership ended up changing the plugs, fuel filter and I don't remember what else. It's fine now, but it was a little pricey. Didn't do any permanent damage though.

shackleford

I got one sand in my pocket
Reaction score
So I never followed up on this, but I think I should. It was ideling a little rought after a while and the dealership ended up changing the plugs, fuel filter and I don't remember what else. It's fine now, but it was a little pricey. Didn't do any permanent damage though.
Awesome, thanks for the follow up, I was wondering after I saw the thread bumped Glad it turned out better than worse

New Threads