question on 1st reaction

jamesbond7

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So let me first say that i appriciate any feedback anyone can offer. I have been reading through many of the posts and have come to the conclusion that test is what anyone should start with. My question is what is the feeling or immediate effect on you after taking it? Does it happen the first time or is it gradual? When taking it, do i need to change my lifting routine or do most people just increase weight/reps? Sorry for the battery of question :)

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depends on the ester attached to the test you will be using. Half lives and detection times very. But all in all, yes a first cycle should be test only. Make sure to have a PCT planned before jumping in. Throw up some stats while your at it... Age/Weight/Experience/etc...

jamesbond7

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sure no problem, i am 39 about 5'9" and currently 162. I starting lifting about 1.5 years ago weighing in at 135 with very little muscle and about 12% bf witch is now down to 7-8%.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What does your diet look like? Any AAS experience in the past?

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
def look at ur diet. at 5 9 and 162 you could prob gain 20 lbs with a correct diet. it seems you have done ok so far going from 135 to 162. 7-8 % bf is really low you must look completly shredded and veiny. and like infantry said make sure you look into pct before starting anything. also there was a good thread the other day on "feeling it". try to find it. dont kill urself waiting for some godly feeling. just keep eating keep training and you will just flat out get stronger and bigger.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just to answer the first part of the question about immediate effect or feeling. Testosterone is not a foreign substance to the body so it doesn't cause a big crazy reaction. Your body knows exactly what to do with it. So you don't really "feel" test working. You notice it in more subtle ways. You get bigger much faster, you have more erections during the day, your sex drive makes you a borderline rapist, you have more energy and drive in the gym.

jamesbond7

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So what is a typical first cycle (how long) and as for the pct, how long does that cycle usually take?

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just do a search on it man. i promise it is better to have to find it and learn it. rather than have someone just lay it out for you.... look up things like different esters for test, length of first cycle, and pct. if you search for a while and still have questions ask away im sure we can help/

jamesbond7

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I push pretty hard on my diet to get in about 250-270 grams of protein a day and a decent amount of carbs but could probibly increase the carbs a bit more. I was never a typical big eater so it has taken me some time to build up my tolerance for eating this much each day. I just changed over two monts ago to a mass gainer whey protein of 1200 cals per serving.

I have not had any experience with AAS in the past but it seems from reading many of the posts if i can push myself on the diet and get on the right gear, it will help me achieve where i really want to be (around 190-200).

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ur on the right track for sure. i graduated highschool at 126. left the marines at 140ish and took me about 8 years to get to 200. i never ate right either. always trained never ate right. just look at gear as the icing on the cake. remember 70% diet 20 % training and 10% gear. that is for real no bs.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
While I definitely advise to focus on proper diet while you learn more about AAS, I would also get bloods done and check that test considerng your age..

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome jb7 (bond - james bond)!

You've made very good natural gains in 1 and half years of training ~ 27 pounds.

I would not be in a rush to start a cycle. Your questions are rudimentary and that is clearly because your new to this. Spend adequate time researching and asking questions. Don't leap before you look. It does not sound as if you're anywhere near ready.

SI is a very valuable resource. Put it to use. Don't ask you bro's to develop cycles for you. You need to consider you goals and do research accordingly and bring completed cycles to the board for review.

Reaction score
So let me first say that i appriciate any feedback anyone can offer. I have been reading through many of the posts and have come to the conclusion that test is what anyone should start with. My question is what is the feeling or immediate effect on you after taking it? Does it happen the first time or is it gradual? When taking it, do i need to change my lifting routine or do most people just increase weight/reps? Sorry for the battery of question :)

after a few weeks your start to notice more libido. pumps and slowly gains.
this is not a drug that mess up your mind. I think people expect too much from AAS when they are new to it. they are onlt tool to help speed up growth.
its subtile and diet and training should be on point before using AAS.
because you ask about " do i need to change my lifting routine or do most people just increase weight/reps? " you are not ready yet for this in my op, but you ARE on the road and have been doing research.

you lift and diet for gains regardless of steroids being used or not. you still need time off to grow and recover.
I still only workout 2-3X a week HEAVY on or off cycle.
i like something close to "dc training" but go till i cant anymore (about 40-50min), max reps at 6-8 and only 1-2 parts per workout hitting it with 2-3 styles for each and i only workout at most every other day.

hope the tip helps :)

New Threads