Reaction score
As long as you are over your illness you should make good gains with relatively low volume workouts.
My thoughts:
Watch your joints (aim for 8-12 reps) and don't overload with too many sets and taking sets all the way to failure (you likely won't gain much and risk injury/longer recovery).
Progress weight/reps slowly, focusing on form, especially eccentric (lowering) part of the movement (control not momentum).
Eat enough to gain weight.
You should be able to get by with one exercise per movement for a while, so full body makes sense to me (frequency benefits). You can vary the exercises per movement (subject to eqpt limitations) across the week.
Happy gains!

Reaction score
Currently I am running thisI am running this program 7 workouts in

Workout A

• Squats
  • Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Overhead press
  • Bicep curls
  • Press ups

Workout B

• Lunges
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Bicep curls
3 times a week is doing overhead press three times a week a bit too much and I don't have access to a bench or dumbbells

Reaction score

Workout A

• Squats
  • Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Overhead press
  • Bicep curls
  • Press ups

Workout B

• Lunges
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Bicep curls
3 times a week is doing overhead press three times a week a bit too much and I don't have access to a bench or dumbbells
Quick thoughts:
Nothing for hamstrings - can you hook your ankles under something and do nordic hams (just the eccentric at first)? - put some padding under your knees with this, too.

Skip dips (risk to shoulders with little reward, in my opinion).

Skip one overhead press session and add lateral raises (you can hold a plate if no dumbbells). I like doing these one set prone and another set standing to balance the resistance across the entire range.

Another thought: if you find the frequency hurting a muscle, you could change the rep range in one session (go lighter for a set of ~20), this might help. Otherwise skip that muscle for one session.

MrBafner

Reaction score
I would change a couple of things for this workout ...

Workout A
  • Thrusters (instead of squats)
  • Diamond close grip pushups
  • Pull-ups
  • Bear complex
  • Bicep curls
  • Floor presses

Workout B
  • Lunges
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Concentration curls

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Workout A
  • Pull-ups
  • Bear complex
  • Bicep curls
  • Floor presses

Workout B
  • Lunges
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Concentration curls
He's currently googling Thruster and Bear Complex. 🤣

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score

Workout A
  • Pull-ups
  • Bear complex
  • Bicep curls
  • Floor presses

Workout B
  • Lunges
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Concentration curls
Why thrusters instead of squats? Squats are much better for legs growth and strength.
Do you think the bear complex is a better exercise for growth?
Why diamond push-ups? I think he should abandon push-ups all together and replace it with a floor place.
If I’m looking for growth I’m going to use simple movements that I can do that I can overload the muscle with the most weight

Reaction score

Workout A

• Squats
  • Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Overhead press
  • Bicep curls
  • Press ups

Workout B

• Lunges
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Bicep curls
Personally, I would tweak it slightly to this:

Workout A

• Squats
  • Pull-ups
  • Overhead press
  • Bicep curls
  • Press ups

Workout B

• Deadlift
  • Dips
  • Bent over rows
  • press ups
  • Bicep curls

Invest in a bench when you can.
If you're struggling with pullups, go until you fail and then finish the set with bodyweight rows.

Reaction score
Why thrusters instead of squats? Squats are much better for legs growth and strength.
Why diamond push-ups? I think he should abandon push-ups all together and replace it with a floor place.
If I’m looking for growth I’m going to use simple movements that I can do that I can overload the muscle with the most weight
i assumed he would be supersetting the pushups with the curls, focusing more on the arms at the end if the session. But you know what they say about assume 🤷‍♂️

MrBafner

Reaction score

For starters he is after a full body workout using his equipment that he hasn't listed, nor the weight he uses. I assume he doesn't have much weight .. saying that a 52kg dude with a bar having maybe 10kg each side isn't going to produce growth or strength. Doing thrusters he is doing front squats and shoulders at the same time .. he will achieve a lot more definition in his legs than trying for size.

Bear complex after thrusters means his legs are probably fatigued and with a small weight, I would consider this an overall workout that could induce a small amount of growth.

As for diamond pushups instead of dips ... chances are he is doing dips wrong and targeting the wrong muscle. Diamond pushups will produce a better pump and he won't fatigue during pullups, but will be a great warmup to be ready for bear complex.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
For starters he is after a full body workout using his equipment that he hasn't listed, nor the weight he uses. I assume he doesn't have much weight .. saying that a 52kg dude with a bar having maybe 10kg each side isn't going to produce growth or strength. Doing thrusters he is doing front squats and shoulders at the same time .. he will achieve a lot more definition in his legs than trying for size.

Bear complex after thrusters means his legs are probably fatigued and with a small weight, I would consider this an overall workout that could induce a small amount of growth.

As for diamond pushups instead of dips ... chances are he is doing dips wrong and targeting the wrong muscle. Diamond pushups will produce a better pump and he won't fatigue during pullups, but will be a great warmup to be ready for bear complex.
There’s so much wrong here. You should not give advice

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I am a beginner and looking for a workout full body workout any advice is good advice. 52KG I weigh

I have access to pull up bar, dips bar and barbell with a rack to do overhead press and squats

Workout A
  • Squats
  • Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Overhead press
  • Bicep curls
  • Press ups
Workout B
  • Lunges
  • Dips
  • chin-ups
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Bicep curls
Full body 3 X a week
8 to 10 reps
3 sets

Or 20 squat program ? Where I do 20 rep squats for 1 set and do upper body workout?

I need advice
Any reason you don't have a bench, or can't buy one?

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score

Okay. Did you really say more leg definition instead of size? Please explain to me how it will “achieve more leg definition”. Definition comes from being lean, fat loss. You can’t carve a statue out of a pebble. Do you really believe in “toning exercises”?
You can’t do an exercise to shape or define. Muscles atrophy, grow, or stay the same size. That’s it. A stronger muscle is a bigger muscle.
Pumps don’t mean shit. He could get a good pump by curling soup cans for 100reps. It won’t produce growth.
Thrusters and bear complex are shit for growth. Go back to the fitness group class with those.
You think he won’t be able to do dips properly (one of the easiest, most natural movement to not fuck up), but he should do thrusters and a bear complex?
He was doing push-ups for chest.
He’s got limited equipment. anyone with basic knowledge of muscle growth and strength would recommend basic movements that you can overload the muscle with the most mechanical tension.
So yes, I stand by the FACT that you should not give any one advice.

MrBafner

Reaction score
There’s so much wrong here. You should not give advice
Arr we have a knob that lives inside the box ... not everyone is meant to be a bodybuilder, nor strongman you dick. He wants to put on a bit of size and look good.

The kid has a bar with a small amount of weight, a pull up bar, dip bar, squat rack, no bench ... sounds like crossfit bud.

You obviously have issues with movements that aren't in the bodybuilding / powerliftong criteria .. well they are, you are probably just an idiot that has never done them.

There is more to leg development than squats. Maybe you should actually go and workout sometime instead of being the wanker that goes around the gym like your a fucking text book trainer.

Reaction score
I am a beginner and looking for a workout full body workout any advice is good advice. 52KG I weigh

I have access to pull up bar, dips bar and barbell with a rack to do overhead press and squats

Workout A
  • Squats
  • Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Overhead press
  • Bicep curls
  • Press ups
Workout B
  • Lunges
  • Dips
  • chin-ups
  • Overhead press
  • press ups
  • Bicep curls
Full body 3 X a week
8 to 10 reps
3 sets

Or 20 squat program ? Where I do 20 rep squats for 1 set and do upper body workout?

I need advice
So many moments that can be done with that limited equipment. The limits are endless.. AND YES I AM I am being serious.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Arr we have a knob that lives inside the box ... not everyone is meant to be a bodybuilder, nor strongman you dick. He wants to put on a bit of size and look good.

The kid has a bar with a small amount of weight, a pull up bar, dip bar, squat rack, no bench ... sounds like crossfit bud.

You obviously have issues with movements that aren't in the bodybuilding / powerliftong criteria .. well they are, you are probably just an idiot that has never done them.

There is more to leg development than squats. Maybe you should actually go and workout sometime instead of being the wanker that goes around the gym like your a fucking text book trainer.
Nope doesn’t sound like cross fit it sounds like he’s got basic equipment and wants to build some muscle.
I have issues with bad advice.
I’ll post my legs you post yours.😜
I just understand how to program correctly.
I never made the claim squats were only needed but with limited equipment there’s not a better exercise.
Stay offended I don’t care. I’m a lot of things and one thing I am is knowledgeable when it comes to this.
I’m a dick yes. You’re a whiney pussy who doesn’t understand proper programming.
I have issues with no movements when they are utilized and programmed properly.
Please explain your definition through a certain exercise.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Okay. Did you really say more leg definition instead of size? Please explain to me how it will “achieve more leg definition”. Definition comes from being lean, fat loss. You can’t carve a statue out of a pebble. Do you really believe in “toning exercises”?
You can’t do an exercise to shape or define. Muscles atrophy, grow, or stay the same size. That’s it. A stronger muscle is a bigger muscle.
Pumps don’t mean shit. He could get a good pump by curling soup cans for 100reps. It won’t produce growth.
Thrusters and bear complex are shit for growth. Go back to the fitness group class with those.
You think he won’t be able to do dips properly (one of the easiest, most natural movement to not fuck up), but he should do thrusters and a bear complex?
He’s got limited equipment. anyone with basic knowledge of muscle growth and strength would recommend basic movements that you can overload the muscle with the most mechanical tension.
Wow .. you really believe this shit you just posted? .. I can't believe you are saying this bullshit

"You can't do an exercise to shape or define" ..
"Pumps don't mean shit" ..
"Thrusters and bear complex are shit for growth" ..

When he is doing dips .. what muscle do you think he is working? .. chest, back, triceps?
When doing pushups .. how is his hand placement
The kid can do 2 pushups .. thrusters and bear complex are the best for development, and definition .. but you don't exercise for definition, obviously.

Reaction score
Why would curling soup cans for 100reps not produce growth. If you do enough sets of them your muscle will grow..
So are you telling me if I take a 15 pound dumbbell and pound out 3 sets of 100 with proper form, contraction, concentration on a slow and steady rhythm that my muscles will not tire and work and there for have to repair themselves to grow???
And yes I do curls 20-25 dbl’s all day… and get a good workout and wake up and my arms may feel destroyed. And I can curls 60poundrd all day with proper form..I feel less is more… anyway.
Maybe I am wrong. I’ve only been at this 6 months or so… hopefully I can save up enough money to get a squat rack and bench because my total gym is really limiting me.
Also BTW. Thrusters and calisthenics exercises won’t produce growth.???
Tell that to all the jacked mutherfuckers I Rikers or Pelican bay or any other place were all people have to do it workout all day with no weights. 1000 burpee’s and 1000 push ups a day. As that’s before lunch.
How about a navy seal. Calisthenics all day. And some of those dude are fn jacked.
So bro I think you went off on a little bit of a high horse tangent without really thinking about what your saying. And maybe before you give anyone advice
……. THINK!!

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Wow .. you really believe this shit you just posted? .. I can't believe you are saying this bullshit

When he is doing dips .. what muscle do you think he is working? .. chest, back, triceps?
The kid can do 2 pushups .. thrusters and bear complex are the best for development, and definition .. but you don't exercise for definition, obviously.
I can’t believe you think you should give advice. Do you believe you can shape or tone a muscle? Does pump build tissue? Why can’t we all just build massive chests with a 95 lb bar then? I can get a hell of a pump with only the bar.
Dips? Well retard. It’s chest and triceps.
Explain to me how you can lift weights for definition.
A muscle grows, shrinks or stays the same. Definition comes from fat loss. This is not even up for debate 😂.

Reaction score

He is shot bro. He has no clueWTF HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!

New Threads