RC tear, how fked am i?

Reaction score
FFs this is always on back of my mind now. 20 years of training, fearless, trains thru all kinda of pain, now all i can think of is this damn tendon gonna snap!!

buck

Reaction score
Ouch! Did it fully heal after the surgery, how's the range of motion? Strength?
I was in the gym 8 days after the repair training 3 appendages and a torso. I was back to full power in less than 9 months. Range of motion was better then before the surgery. But lifting as heavy as you can will pretty much limit range of motion as time goes by i find as arthritis will set in. I find range of motion and recovery are all based on what you put into it. I never was sent to any rehab as my Dr.s knew it wasn't needed as i was self motivating. I started using AS for the first time a few years after that surgery so needless to say i got even stronger then. When in doubt add a plate!

Getting a tear in the labrum of the other shoulder was the demise for that one causing a replacement to be needed. The year before i got it replaced the x rays showed it looked more like a ball peen hammer from the grinding down of the head and the calcium deposits on the sides. Such are the joys of pushing things to the limits for decades.

New Threads