Semaglutide VS Tirzepatide VS Retatrutide

Reaction score
I think it really depends on the person as well.

I'm currently on quite a few forms reading material in all my free time. I'm also reading what people have to say about what they're taking. Some of these people are at the maximum dose and still complaining about plateauing.

How the fuck are they plateauing at a maximum dose?!?!

It's just like the 'lap band' surgery. Some people pay to surgically restrict their stomach and then they eat their ways out of that surgery and back to being fat again. Then there are other people that get the surgery to lose weight and do everything I can to keep it off. They study nutrition, they don't snack between meals, they take whatever supplements they need to take, and they eat how they should eat as if they were never fat in the first place.

So, how are they plateauing? They're eating too much! My suspicion is that they don't change their eating habits, not that they're going to be honest about that, and they think that these are going to be magic bullets that do all the work for them. These medicines are only aids to help you get to where you want, they are not magic bullets.

If you really want to lose weight, learn how to eat right, learn about nutrition, understand your macros and micros, learn about calorie density and portion sizes, learn about your three calorie sources protein carbs and fat, learn about the difference between eating for nutrition and eating for pleasure... And that's all I got off the top of my head, but there's more, but you'll have to figure that out.

In the end, if you keep on thinking about food after doing all of that and it's a struggle, any one of these medicines can help you.

If you remember anything out of this, remember that these medicines are not magic bullets, and you're going to have to learn how to eat like you would eat if you never had been fat. That's at a minimum, if you want to take it a step further, add muscle building exercises which can be anything from joining a running club or joining a gym and lifting weights.

Reactions: A1c

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
I think it really depends on the person as well.

I'm currently on quite a few forms reading material in all my free time. I'm also reading what people have to say about what they're taking. Some of these people are at the maximum dose and still complaining about plateauing.

How the fuck are they plateauing at a maximum dose?!?!

It's just like the 'lap band' surgery. Some people pay to surgically restrict their stomach and then they eat their ways out of that surgery and back to being fat again. Then there are other people that get the surgery to lose weight and do everything I can to keep it off. They study nutrition, they don't snack between meals, they take whatever supplements they need to take, and they eat how they should eat as if they were never fat in the first place.

So, how are they plateauing? They're eating too much! My suspicion is that they don't change their eating habits, not that they're going to be honest about that, and they think that these are going to be magic bullets that do all the work for them. These medicines are only aids to help you get to where you want, they are not magic bullets.

If you really want to lose weight, learn how to eat right, learn about nutrition, understand your macros and micros, learn about calorie density and portion sizes, learn about your three calorie sources protein carbs and fat, learn about the difference between eating for nutrition and eating for pleasure... And that's all I got off the top of my head, but there's more, but you'll have to figure that out.

In the end, if you keep on thinking about food after doing all of that and it's a struggle, any one of these medicines can help you.

If you remember anything out of this, remember that these medicines are not magic bullets, and you're going to have to learn how to eat like you would eat if you never had been fat. That's at a minimum, if you want to take it a step further, add muscle building exercises which can be anything from joining a running club or joining a gym and lifting weights.
I don’t feel like debate everything you wrote but you are a little off base on a lot of what you said.

As for hitting a plateau, that is because there are diminishing returns. Losing the next pound is always going to be harder than the previous pound that was lost. You can’t diet down all the way to zero pounds after all. Well you can’t if you want to stay alive lol.

Similarly, increasing the dosage yields diminishing returns. At some point doubling your dosage doesn’t provide any measurable benefit in terms of weight loss.

Reaction score
I don’t feel like debate everything you wrote but you are a little off base on a lot of what you said.

As for hitting a plateau, that is because there are diminishing returns. Losing the next pound is always going to be harder than the previous pound that was lost. You can’t diet down all the way to zero pounds after all. Well you can’t if you want to stay alive lol.

Similarly, increasing the dosage yields diminishing returns. At some point doubling your dosage doesn’t provide any measurable benefit in terms of weight loss.
I don't disagree with you because in certain positions you are 100% correct and being contrarian is not my default disposition. But for a clarification sake, which would have helped from the very beginning, I'm talking about people that state that they still have 30 to 70 pounds to lose. I didn't mention that, so interpreting that another way was left open. I get it.