Spear is getting leaner by the day thread

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
GOOD STUFF!!!! Good transition!!! Damn working towards a show or personal.? Either way good damn job!!!

Eric'

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
GOOD STUFF!!!! Good transition!!! Damn working towards a show or personal.? Either way good damn job!!!

Eric'
Thanks, Eric. Yeah I’d like to compete by next year. My coach thinks I should do classic physique. So I’ll see where my weight is at and go from there

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Baby was born on the 23rd.

He was born 11lbs 5oz, born naturally. My wife is an absolute savage. Pretty amazing to watch and see. Makes you really realize what people are capable of. Kiddo is happy and healthy, eating a ton, sleeping a ton. So far a great baby.

I'll be taking up to 3 weeks off the gym, to give the wife as much help as she needs, and that I can provide. She is in quite a bit of pain, as she had some complications during pregnancy, that will now get better, but even giving birth to that gigantic watermelon had it's own consequences.

The family, and the wife making a full recovery is more important than building muscles to me.

The good news, is that I am up all hours of the night, so I'll be pinnin my GH in the middle of the night, to try to aid with fat loss.

I've brought my calories up to about 3500 a day, just to be at maintenance calories, and to give me some wiggle room to eat other items that I can prepare for my family/inlaws. Lots of people coming over to help with kid, and what not, so I feel like I should be able to offer more than just chicken/turkey/ground beef and rice.

Like today I made some sandwiches for my mom, wife and myself. Turkey sando on sourdough w/ swiss cheese and spicy mustard. Can't remember the last time I ate a sandwich, was pretty damn good, but I was damn hungry after. haha.

Anywho, I'll try to update every now and again, I'll post up some pictures of the giant baby and maybe some physique pictures if I feel like it's fading.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You have a baby hippopotamoose!!! 😳😳😳

Congratulations sir, to you and your wife. Enjoy the wonderful new addition to your family. 🥰🥰🥰

Reaction score
To be honest I think the mustache gains were killing it brotha haha, awesome update man looking awesome!

sfw509

Reaction score
Congrats. Best wishes for you and your family.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Man big baby gonna be a monster. I have two young ones. It is challenging but fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Congrats Spear and your boy will be a powerlifter I predict...

Wowzers, 11lbs...that has to be one chunky lil guy.

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Congrats Spear and your boy will be a powerlifter I predict...

Wowzers, 11lbs...that has to be one chunky lil guy.
Yeah he is juicy for sure. First kid was 9lbs 13oz and he’s now 20 months old and over 40lbs.

It will be cool to see where this guy goes.

I am a bit of a runt in my family, I am a hair over 6’1”, and most males in my family are 6’4” and above. My wife is 5’11” her brother is 6’6”.

pretty certain these kids are going to beat me and steal the car keys when they are about 12. Can’t wait.

Reaction score
Yeah he is juicy for sure. First kid was 9lbs 13oz and he’s now 20 months old and over 40lbs.

It will be cool to see where this guy goes.

I am a bit of a runt in my family, I am a hair over 6’1”, and most males in my family are 6’4” and above. My wife is 5’11” her brother is 6’6”.

pretty certain these kids are going to beat me and steal the car keys when they are about 12. Can’t wait.
Lol they'd have to beat you into submission first before they get those car keys! :D

Damn you got some big beefy boys now LOL...and that must make you feel real small when they reach full size haha. Get them into the gym later on when they are old enough and they'll blow up even more!

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry but skimming in general

I remember fighting this bloating feeling for a while and am just throwing this out there since you mentioned feeling overly so. It ended up being Deca. Even at a tiny dose that stuff makes me feel like a balloon. Once I removed it and upped water intake it subsided

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
And congrats on the kid!
Say goodbye to sleeping in 😁

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You have always looked great over the last decade I’ve known you . Congrats on the kid bundy would be a great first name .. We’re pretty similar how we can go in and out of shape . Your quads got way bigger then before good work spear

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry but skimming in general

I remember fighting this bloating feeling for a while and am just throwing this out there since you mentioned feeling overly so. It ended up being Deca. Even at a tiny dose that stuff makes me feel like a balloon. Once I removed it and upped water intake it subsided
Thanks, Tiny. I however was only on 300mg of test per week, I have lowered it back down to 200mg per week, which is my prescribed TRT dose.

My bloating comes from eating massive cheat meals because I get very stressed, and take a lot of my feelings out on myself with food. Mostly in the way of oreo's and girl scout cookies! haha
And congrats on the kid!
Say goodbye to sleeping in 😁
I'm already well aware of this! This is kiddo number 2
You have always looked great over the last decade I’ve known you . Congrats on the kid bundy would be a great first name .. We’re pretty similar how we can go in and out of shape . Your quads got way bigger then before good work spear
Thanks, Bundy! Unfortunately my kids are named after my grandparents (Magnus and Reiner).

Building that foundating years ago seems to really benefit you. I feel like once I get my diet and training dialed in, my body quickly bounces back to fairly decent shape. Just gotta keep pushing pretty hard and get it better and better.

I'm still hovering around 240~. But feeling pretty happy with this size, but I'll clean up the diet a bit once things calm down, and resume the cut.

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man, kiddo is already a month old. Time is going by quick! I really tried to not worry about the gym, diet, or anything of the sort while taking the break. I wanted spend time with my family, and just enjoy that time, without thinking of anything else.

Boy did I do it well. haha I was eating everything, and not caring about it at all! Once I saw the scale hit 242 I knew I had to dial it back a bit. I've been eating clean for about 2.5 weeks now, doing some really low cal days, and keeping carbs at a moderate level on other days. About 2700 on normal days, 1900 on low days.

Today's workout was chest, I'll just post up my final lifts:

Incline DB:
105 x 7

Flat Nautilus Plate Loaded:
2plates x 13

Pec Dec:
110 x 15

Machine Flat:
Unknown x 12

(superset these two)
Side Lat Raise:
12.5 x 15

Side Lat Partials:
12.5 x 15

Jonjon

Reaction score
The transformation from October to now is incredible. Like would still be impressive if it was a freaking 10 year gap between pics. Great job.

I suck 🤣

New Threads