Stopping TRT for fertility

Reaction score
35yrs old, been on TRT for 3 or 4 years now. We tried to conceive our first born for over a year before seeing a top notch fertility doc. I explained my situation, they run blood and semen analysis = super high test, zero swimmers and this was on low dose HCG + 150mg test cyp/week.

He upped HCG to 3000iu weekly (1500iu 2x week) added 50mg clomid EOD and advised I stop the test cyp. About 6months later my semen levels were through the roof and we conceived our only child.

Wife wants to try for one more, so I'll be stopping test again this week, upping HCG to 3000iu/week and adding same dose of clomid. Figured it worked the first time, not going to screw with it the 2nd time. Will use this to kind of log the progress and hopefully the end of the thread is baby #2. Wish us luck

Reaction score
Good stuff. Your doc is following a routinely recommended protocol for those wishing to conceive asap. I'm going to leave this beautiful chart in here to educate others who may not be as educated on the topic: View attachment 12815
Where was this chart 2 years ago, could've saved me thousands of dollars at the fertility clinic haha

Strikeclinch

Reaction score
35yrs old, been on TRT for 3 or 4 years now. We tried to conceive our first born for over a year before seeing a top notch fertility doc. I explained my situation, they run blood and semen analysis = super high test, zero swimmers and this was on low dose HCG + 150mg test cyp/week.

He upped HCG to 3000iu weekly (1500iu 2x week) added 50mg clomid EOD and advised I stop the test cyp. About 6months later my semen levels were through the roof and we conceived our only child.

Wife wants to try for one more, so I'll be stopping test again this week, upping HCG to 3000iu/week and adding same dose of clomid. Figured it worked the first time, not going to screw with it the 2nd time. Will use this to kind of log the progress and hopefully the end of the thread is baby #2. Wish us luck
Fuck bro I was on for like 4 years straight came off cyp did my first shot of hcg banged my old
Lady that I had been with for 3 yrs already so obviously we’ve fucked hundreds of times no contraceptive ever and no pregnancy. But after that hcg shot boom pregnant first fuck hahah so good luck but id say u won’t need much look it should happen

Reaction score
Fuck bro I was on for like 4 years straight came off cyp did my first shot of hcg banged my old
Lady that I had been with for 3 yrs already so obviously we’ve fucked hundreds of times no contraceptive ever and no pregnancy. But after that hcg shot boom pregnant first fuck hahah so good luck but id say u won’t need much look it should happen
Yeah this protocol worked once already, but I'd love for it to be a few weeks instead of 6 months haha

Reaction score
Update #1:

Stopped TRT last week, not feeling too different, a little more tired in the morning, appetite has increased a little, but not much else.

Started 50mg clomid EOD and 3000iu HCG/week today. Testicular atrophy is present currently and I remember the massive size increase from my last run of HCG/Clomid, so that's the first sign I will be looking for over the next 2 months. Will go in for a semen analysis after 2 months to see where I stand as I know without a doubt I am shooting blanks at the moment.

Went from zero viable swimmers to well above average volume in 3 months last time, let's do it again this time.

Strikeclinch

Reaction score
Update #1:

Stopped TRT last week, not feeling too different, a little more tired in the morning, appetite has increased a little, but not much else.

Started 50mg clomid EOD and 3000iu HCG/week today. Testicular atrophy is present currently and I remember the massive size increase from my last run of HCG/Clomid, so that's the first sign I will be looking for over the next 2 months. Will go in for a semen analysis after 2 months to see where I stand as I know without a doubt I am shooting blanks at the moment.

Went from zero viable swimmers to well above average volume in 3 months last time, let's do it again this time.
Give it a few weeks Ull def feel way crappier. Sorry not to be negative but the crappy off feeling takes a about 3 than Ull notice

Reaction score
Give it a few weeks Ull def feel way crappier. Sorry not to be negative but the crappy off feeling takes a about 3 than Ull notice
Oh yeah, I remember the feeling. Pre-TRT was the worst, with clomid/hcg being slightly better likely due to recovering T levels, but it still sucks compared to my standard 150mg/week

Strikeclinch

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember the feeling. Pre-TRT was the worst, with clomid/hcg being slightly better likely due to recovering T levels, but it still sucks compared to my standard 150mg/week
Ya having crushed t levels is vastly diffrent than 150 especially if that’s gets you into upper normal u feel great. Coming off really fuckin sucks haha only way I’m ever coming off is to have kids other than that no fuckin way never again

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Our first girl I came off, used hcg and clomid and conceived after about 3mo.

Our second girl, I upped the test to 2g cause I didn't want to come off, and did hcg/hmg eod with daily clomid, took a little less than 3mo.

Wife still wants a boy. I think I might just fork out the $30k to the fertility clinic to pull an xy sperm for artificial insemination to guarantee a boy instead of playing my cards again.

quackattack

Reaction score
I was under the impression that 500iu HCG twice a week will keep you producing for TRT. Is that not true?

Strikeclinch

Reaction score

Our second girl, I upped the test to 2g cause I didn't want to come off, and did hcg/hmg eod with daily clomid, took a little less than 3mo.

Wife still wants a boy. I think I might just fork out the $30k to the fertility clinic to pull an xy sperm for artificial insemination to guarantee a boy instead of playing my cards again.
Did I read that right? U still got your wife pregnant on 2 grams of test?

Reaction score
I was under the impression that 500iu HCG twice a week will keep you producing for TRT. Is that not true?
Most studies say 500iu EOD while on TRT to maintain, but I'm sure 1000iu/week would suffice. I have to come off because I was not doing maintenance HCG and we don't want to wait the potential 12months it could take if I were to start the cruising HCG dosage vs coming off for 3 months. Mid 30's, so don't really want to waste time

Reaction score

We paid a shit ton to a fertility clinic for our daughter, only for me to self-administer HCG/clomid, find out my wife is 100% good to go, and conceive naturally anyway lol

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Did I read that right? U still got your wife pregnant on 2 grams of test?
Yep, she's a little firecracker too.. or maybe it's terrible 2's. My older daughter is about to graduate from threenager 3's to little fucker 4's.

I've had my fertility tested a few times out of curiosity. On lower trt level test I'm definitely sterile as fuck, but super high test seems to help restart the spermatogenesis cycle (even without the hcg/hmg/clomid).

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
We paid a shit ton to a fertility clinic for our daughter, only for me to self-administer HCG/clomid, find out my wife is 100% good to go, and conceive naturally anyway lol
Ya they said it would be about $22.5k for the insemination procedure, and another $5k for gender selection.

Reaction score
Ya they said it would be about $22.5k for the insemination procedure, and another $5k for gender selection.
Insurance covered the first half of our treatment, then our insurance changed and things got serious quickly. The only thing that was worth it was the semen analysis like every 2 weeks and the doc telling me to up my HCG dosage.

Strikeclinch

Reaction score
Yep, she's a little firecracker too.. or maybe it's terrible 2's. My older daughter is about to graduate from threenager 3's to little fucker 4's.

I've had my fertility tested a few times out of curiosity. On lower trt level test I'm definitely sterile as fuck, but super high test seems to help restart the spermatogenesis cycle (even without the hcg/hmg/clomid).
You just changed my life bro hahaha now I’m never coming off ever hahahah

Reaction score
Going to up HCG to 5000iu/week once I can source enough to last me 4 months, until then I'll be on 3000iu/week as before. From the studies I have read advocated for 3000 to 9000iu per week, so I figured I'll just split the difference and hopefully see quicker results in the 2 month range. The day we get a positive pregnancy test I will be back on TRT with the addition of 1000iu hcg per week to maintain testicular function at least until our child is born

Added in armodafinil for increased focus for work as a way of heading off some of the sides from low T levels. Appetite gone, alertness increased.
I know I will 100% lose muscle, but my bigger concern when coming off TRT is always fat gain. Intermittent fasting has always been a great way for me to assist in staying within my macro/caloric goals and the armodafinil just makes the fasting even easier.

New Threads