Suicide

Gabriel

Reaction score
Every angle of this topic hits home one way or another..Either you are battling it personally or a friend or family..or perhaps dealing with patients of this epidemic..In any aspect,it's painful and gut wrenching..

Mhenshaw

Elite
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that as bad as days get... and that is pretty dark... there is beauty that can be found if you look.
Most of all dont be alone with the darkness. Talk here, the post office, church, the park, grocery store, etc. People do care.

SFW already posted this, but "If you or someone you know is in need of help this is the number to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 1-800-273-8255"

Thanks for posting this Jin! Never give up! Love ya Brother!

Reaction score
Hey man those ketamine infusions work for severe depression. Last year i took my ex girlfriend to a doctor in nyc. She had become a zombie from all the meds she was on. So i suggested she talk to her doctor about lowering the dosages. Well she did one better. She got off all that shit and found out about those ketamine infusions. She is not on any meds anymore. I used to have to carry the conversation all the time now i cant get her to shut up. lol She still goes to therapy but those treatments were a game changer. Do some research if you suffer from depression. That shit works. its like an i.v with ketamine for 40 minutes. They give you head phones and you listen to music and spaz out for 40 minutes. I would take her and watch her trip. After the 40 minutes she would still have this little after effect of happiness and it apparently helped her overcome that obstacle. its like $300 for each treatment. I think its 6 treatments and then your good to go. Then you return as needed in 6 months or whatever the case may be

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Hey man those ketamine infusions work for severe depression. Last year i took my ex girlfriend to a doctor in nyc. She had become a zombie from all the meds she was on. So i suggested she talk to her doctor about lowering the dosages. Well she did one better. She got off all that shit and found out about those ketamine infusions. She is not on any meds anymore. I used to have to carry the conversation all the time now i cant get her to shut up. lol She still goes to therapy but those treatments were a game changer. Do some research if you suffer from depression. That shit works. its like an i.v with ketamine for 40 minutes. They give you head phones and you listen to music and spaz out for 40 minutes. I would take her and watch her trip. After the 40 minutes she would still have this little after effect of happiness and it apparently helped her overcome that obstacle. its like $300 for each treatment. I think its 6 treatments and then your good to go. Then you return as needed in 6 months or whatever the case may be

Ketamine as in Special K - rave drug taken with MDMA? Isn’t ketamine going to numb too as it is an animal tranquilizer.

Reactions: Jin

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

thats f uckin awesome..... i have been wanting to try it myself to see how it effects me.... is there lasting good feels for the 6 months between each dose? did she dump u once she overcame the depression ? just asking cause it sucks to help someone get better to have them despise u or feel as tho they are now better than u, ive seen it happen a few times...

what mechanisms does ketamine work one? neuro, or some of the feel good chemicals?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Ketamine as in Special K - rave drug taken with MDMA? Isn’t ketamine going to numb too as it is an animal tranquilizer.

Yes. Ketamine is a very promising treatment for depression.

MDMA has been trialed on PTSD in soldiers with success.

Psychedelics also look to be a promising treatment for a number of mental health issues.

The whole “drugs are bad. Just say no” era is thankfully coming to an end.

Sure, some drugs are bad and you should decline. But a more nuanced point of view yields choices those with closed minds won’t have access too.

It’s an exciting time in new treatments for mental health.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Psychedelics also look to be a promising treatment for a number of mental health issues.

Sure, some drugs are bad and you should decline. But a more nuanced point of view yields choices those with closed minds won’t have access too.

It's a thing that I wish we could find a way to strike a balance on. From personal experience my diagnosis is both borderline personality disorder and bipolar. If I'm deep in a hole, low dose MDMA can pick me up out of it while traditional treatments will ruin my life on a day to day basis.

Reaction score
thats f uckin awesome..... i have been wanting to try it myself to see how it effects me.... is there lasting good feels for the 6 months between each dose? did she dump u once she overcame the depression ? just asking cause it sucks to help someone get better to have them despise u or feel as tho they are now better than u, ive seen it happen a few times...

what mechanisms does ketamine work one? neuro, or some of the feel good chemicals?
Why would she do that? It wasnt my idea anyway, i just supported her in the endeavor. It works for some people, yes. Ive never taken it. She is still doing well, shes out in los angeles now

Reaction score
Oh and the good feels as you call it, i would think it feels pretty good to not live with severe depression every day. So, yeah

Reaction score
If the mods say its ok, i can post the doctor we would go to

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Psychadelics are not drugs. They are medicine that actually works.

The founder of AA actually got sober from an LSD experience and he wanted to make that part of the program. Instead, they went with the disease model of addiction where you just white knuckle and smoke piles of cigarettes.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score

No sir, and my no means was I being judgmental. I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly and glad that my question also infused other discussions on therapies for psychiatric treatments.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No sir, and my no means was I being judgmental. I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly and glad that my question also infused other discussions on therapies for psychiatric treatments.

I did not read into your comment. If you’re not up on the latest in psychiatric treatments, chances are you’d be surprised to hear a “party drug” is being used therapeutically.

It was a good opportunity to inform folks outside the mental health sphere.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I did not read into your comment. If you’re not up on the latest in psychiatric treatments, chances are you’d be surprised to hear a “party drug” is being used therapeutically.

It was a good opportunity to inform folks outside the mental health sphere.

I agree. I’ve known that MDMA was used in the 70s to treat depression and other psychological diagnoses, wasn’t aware ketamine was used either. Thanks for the enlightenment.

BustaCapps

Reaction score
I wish this topic was talked about more than it is. I work at a crisis intervention center and help people that are struggling with mental health and/or substance abuse. There are way more options to help those struggling with substance abuse than just mental health.

Mental health is real…I see it everyday and in the US it’s labeled as something is wrong with them. A diabetic has to manage their diabetes to be health so it’s no different with mental health or substance abuse.

I’ve struggled with both in my past, I was a heroin addict and have struggled with depression. By far it’s the hardest thing I’ve been through. People need a lot of support and a lot of people don’t have that.

There will be a mental health crisis hotline “988” that is just like 911 but for mental health and the police aren’t involved unless they’re needed. It is in the final stages of being passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBafner

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that tren has given me a few situations where I could have easily put a noose around my neck and jump off a plastic bottle crate with thoughts in great detail.
Some of the dreams seem so real, some so sexy and others very disturbing to the point of waking the wife up and accusing her of doing stuff within the dreams.
I love tren, but is a huge drawback to me and every time I do take tren the stopping tren part I get deeply depressed.

New Threads