**SUPPLYHOUSE** - Home Brewing Supplies

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
These are all very good questions and those PDFs are quite informative

Reaction score
Our filtration housing is Polystyrene same as Millipore Stericup which can handle limited exposure during the filtering process.

Here's photo evidence for you.

Picture 1,

Fresh 1000ml Millipore PES media bottle.

Pictures 2/3/4,

After adding 60mls mct oil and 12mls Benzyl Benzoate then swirled and shook for a minute then let sit for 5 minutes.

As you can CLEARLY see the PES material is being dissolved by the BB!

Nuff said.

20220105_180408.jpg
20220105_210625.jpg
20220105_210728.jpg
20220105_210708.jpg

Reaction score
And not to be a bitch, but those media bottles and beakers look to be the cheap Chinese garbage that's shatters from minimal heat.

Also are those syringe filters sterile units and if so what is the expiration date on them?
The glass beaker is made of GG-17 Borosilicate glass, temp tolerance: 800℃.
The reagent bottles, body is made of Borosilicate glass 3.3, temp tolerance: 800℃.

GL45 Blue Cap, made of PP Plastic, temp tolerance: 140℃

The Syringe Filters expiration dates are 10/2024

Reaction score
The glass beaker is made of GG-17 Borosilicate glass, temp tolerance: 800℃.
The reagent bottles, body is made of Borosilicate glass 3.3, temp tolerance: 800℃.

GL45 Blue Cap, made of PP Plastic, temp tolerance: 140℃

The Syringe Filters expiration dates are 10/2024

Look bro just because that's what the specs say doesn't mean it's true. I've used tons of glassware over the years and the cheap Amazon/Alibaba shit does NOT hold up for extended periods of time or to temperature fluctuations or to the very high temperatures as advertised mainly due to thinner glass walls and/or improper production methods when being made.

Reaction score
Look bro just because that's what the specs say doesn't mean it's true. I've used tons of glassware over the years and the cheap Amazon/Alibaba shit does NOT hold up for extended periods of time or to temperature fluctuations or to the very high temperatures as advertised mainly due to thinner glass walls and/or improper production methods when being made.
once again, I'm not a lab. I'm here to support everyone that would like to brew at home. and for those that don't want to brew at home they can go to one of the hundreds of labs that are on here.

Reaction score
I used to blow glass for a living and I can tell you that the cheap Chinese and Indian boro glass is not the same quality as German schott glass or corning. It's not as clear and will have a decent amount of defects/ imperfections.

The other thing I noticed was the Chinese glass was much more prone to exploding when I would initially warm into the glass with my torch or while cooling off during the annealing process.

I could use high quality glass and do a quick flame annealing process and then let my pieces air cool with the schott glass. The Chinese glass would often times crack if I tried the same thing.

Usually, a hot piece of glass is put into a kiln to be slowly annealed, but with high quality glass, I could usually get away with the above mentioned technique and run the kiln once I had a full load instead of all day to help control the heat my shop from being too hot in the summer.

Bottom line, is there is definitely a difference in quality of glass that is sold as borosilicate. Corning and schott are the brands I know are way higher quality.

The Chinese shit is cheaper for a good reason.

Reaction score
I always said one day I would try and brew myself some NPP or something if that nature. I do t need test. I feel like it may be a big investment
Just to try and brew 100ml or something. I am pretty sure I can be clean and
Not contaminate. But it is the whole process.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
once again, I'm not a lab. I'm here to support everyone that would like to brew at home. and for those that don't want to brew at home they can go to one of the hundreds of labs that are on here.

It's mostly about harm reduction that @Jet Labs is talking about
There is a lot of BB in brews these days, not to mention gauicol. (Not Jet.. but most guys lol)
So corroding parts in a filter cap etc can be bad, especially if it breaks a seal and leads to potentially contaminating the gear.

I know 0 about brewing, but I am next level good at IPAC and contamination, it only takes a half micron gap to lead to a foreign substance that can eventually lead to an infection

ai would recomend trialing what Jet said on your kit.
I used to blow glass for a living and I can tell you that the cheap Chinese and Indian boro glass is not the same quality as German schott glass or corning. It's not as clear and will have a decent amount of defects/ imperfections.

The other thing I noticed was the Chinese glass was much more prone to exploding when I would initially warm into the glass with my torch or while cooling off during the annealing process.

I could use high quality glass and do a quick flame annealing process and then let my pieces air cool with the schott glass. The Chinese glass would often times crack if I tried the same thing.

Usually, a hot piece of glass is put into a kiln to be slowly annealed, but with high quality glass, I could usually get away with the above mentioned technique and run the kiln once I had a full load instead of all day to help control the heat my shop from being too hot in the summer.

Bottom line, is there is definitely a difference in quality of glass that is sold as borosilicate. Corning and schott are the brands I know are way higher quality.

The Chinese shit is cheaper for a good reason.

What the fuck havnt you done at this point lol?

Reaction score

How the fuck can someone brew at home using filters made from PES material that will just dissolve into the brew and ruin it?

Stock proper supplies or GTFOH!

Reaction score
How the fuck can someone brew at home using filters made from PES material that will just dissolve into the brew and ruin it?

Stock proper supplies or GTFOH!
Freedom of choice.. They can buy my supplies or not. My supplies are legit for the home brewer. You obviously are pushing for your new business. Having gone from member to source so recently does that mean you are no longer in harm reduction/advice and just in it to push your product? There are plenty of good labs for those who choose to buy their gear. I appreciate you "trying to help" but most of all you have kept my thread up.

Obscured78

Reaction score
Freedom of choice.. They can buy my supplies or not. My supplies are legit for the home brewer. You obviously are pushing for your new business. Having gone from member to source so recently does that mean you are no longer in harm reduction/advice and just in it to push your product? There are plenty of good labs for those who choose to buy their gear. I appreciate you "trying to help" but most of all you have kept my thread up.
His whole conversation with you so far has seemed like he is doing harm reduction actually. I know zero about brewing. He does. And if he is saying what you are selling could cause contamination due to being sub par quality, then anyone looking to brew would need to go else where. From the start it looked like he was trying to help you. You took offense.

Reaction score

You are a buffoon!

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Him being a source is not relevant to the fact that benzyl benzoate will melt PES. He’s saving people a potential infection by pointing that out.

PVDF filters with polypropylene housings are what you want.

Edit: fill one of those filters with the PES housings with 18% BB and GSO and leave it overnight. You’ll be in for a treat in the morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
His whole conversation with you so far has seemed like he is doing harm reduction actually. I know zero about brewing. He does. And if he is saying what you are selling could cause contamination due to being sub par quality, then anyone looking to brew would need to go else where. From the start it looked like he was trying to help you. You took offense.
I'm not offended with what he said about the filters. I Liked what he said and am looking into other filters to carry. I'm not new to brewing and I wouldn't sell anything I don't use myself.

Reaction score
Him being a source is not relevant to the fact that benzyl benzoate will melt PES. He’s saving people a potential infection by pointing that out.

PVDF filters with polypropylene housings are what you want.

Edit: fill one of those filters with the PES housings with 18% BA and GSO and leave it overnight. You’ll be in for a treat in the morning.

18% Ba :oops: ouch

Reaction score
I'm not offended with what he said about the filters. I Liked what he said and am looking into other filters to carry. I'm not new to brewing and I wouldn't sell anything I don't use myself.

You just accused me of bad mouthing you for profit and now you're backtracking what you said earlier about me lol :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I'm not offended, you're trying to push people away from home brewing.

Wrong again lol. I actively help home brewers almost daily so once again you have no ground to stand on and are just making yourself look even more pathetic.

New Threads