Rope push down
12 x 60
10 x 65
8 x 70 with the 4 extra rest pause
Machine preacher for tri
Same thing as bi forget weight mostly junk low effort on this one tbh
12, 10, 8 .
Finish with 20 min on the moonwalker.

Same thing I did in the 90s. I'll post each work out. Pay attention more and try and improve.

Criticism welcomed. Flame away👍🏻

iGone

The Reporter
Reaction score
Would you mind posting your stats?

Is the moonwalker like a gazelle type thing?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

I think it's an elliptical type machine?

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
You should try adding either close grip bench or dips. You’re not going to build big triceps with light pushdowns.

Hammer that shit.

You should also think about doing an overhead tricep variation.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Right on man , keep it up , folks will definitely chime in with help and advice.

Triceps = Spoto Press - JM Press - beast builders.

Reaction score
I got bullied into making a log..

10/18/23
Arms
10min on the cardio moonwalker
Alternating DB curls
10 x 25s (warm-up)
12 x 30s
10 x 35s
8 x 40s
Easy bar curls
15 x 60
12 x 70
8 x 80 with 4 more rest pause reps at the end
Machine preacher
Can't remember weight
12x10x8 going up one each set

Tri push down
Bunch of warm up
12 x 65
10 x 70
8 x 75
Rope push down
12 x 60
10 x 65
8 x 70 with the 4 extra rest pause
Machine preacher for tri
Same thing as bi forget weight mostly junk low effort on this one tbh
12, 10, 8 .
Finish with 20 min on the moonwalker.

Same thing I did in the 90s. I'll post each work out. Pay attention more and try and improve.

Criticism welcomed. Flame away👍🏻
Lol. "bullied" Come on.

You said you were here to learn. I told you to make a log with training and diet so that we could look it over and give you some advice and tips.

I don't have the same definition of "bullying" as you do.

Anyway, you didn't give us much info. You mention training like this in the 90s, was that continuous for the last 30years or did you take a long period off. Only asking to see if you are a "beginner" "intermediate" or "advanced" lifter.

You do a bro split for each day and this is a separate arm day. All fine.

You have lots of volume in there, and this probably takes over an hour to do. You can shorten that time significantly. The sets that go 12x65 the 10x70 the finally 8x75 for example are "working up to a weight". That was common but it's not as effective as simply warming up and DOING the working sets. Instead of doing it that way, try going right to 75 pounds, do the exercise to failure and get as many as you can possibly do with good form. Push those last two reps. Then take a 2-3 min break and do that again. You're doing those in the 6 to 12 rep range, and when you can do 12 reps in a session then bump the weight up to 80 lbs and restart. You are looking to add at least one rep during each session. That covers your progressive overload. This will cut the number of sets you do per exercise down to two sets. Do them at full effort though. No pre-exhaustion with those work-up sets.

Muscle growth and recovery are measured by performance so if you plateau out or get stuck, you might need an extra day of recovery so extend your training schedule to 8-9 days instead of once every 7 days.

As others have said, there's better exercises to select from. We can give you more feedback on that when you post up additional workouts.

Fuck that was long but I get a boner talking about this shit. You'll see that repeated time and time again though. Science has changed how we train slightly. Volume isn't as effective for muscle growth. It's the mechanical tension (the last couple reps of the set where you frown and eek it out) that recruit the greatest number of muscle fibers and stimulate the most amount of muscle growth. Volume will get you there, but you'll also be far more fatigued. Fatigue masks strength and would require a longer period of recovery.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
You should try adding either close grip bench or dips. You’re not going to build big triceps with light pushdowns.

Hammer that shit.

Heavy ass skull crushers as well.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Skull crushers with an ez curl bar, and heavy!

1.jpg

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Heavy close grip board press and skull crushers were staples, while the pulldowns was a 2nd tri movement.

Would do main lift followed by boards or crushers than pulldowns.

My triceps were fucking huge and broke fingernails easily lol.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Also for a 2nd and staple would be close grip floor press, axel bar is a bonus.

Reaction score
10/19/23-10-21-23
Covid, will try to hit gym and comments tomorrow. This is a bad one.

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay right after starting but Holy shit that was an awful fucking flu. After hydrating and eating the last couple days I actually feel rested and strong so I guess that's good.

10/25/23
Back
10 min on moonwalker machine
Lat pull downs wide grip
2 sets of warm ups
12 x 60
10 x 70
10 x 70

(No idea what the deal is with the weight on this thing is cuz it sure as hell heavier than 70 lb. I asked three different people and got three different answers so it remains quite the conundrum)

Overhand bent rows barbell
15 x 135
12 x 155
10 x 175
10 x 175

Seated cable rows close grip
6 x 180
12 x 160
11 x 160
9 x 160

Lat pushdown I think it's called.

15 x 50
12 x 60
At least 5 extra reps with rest pause on each of those. Just trying to burn it out. Always feel lats good on these.

Reaction score

Hammer that shit.

I'll try adding dips to chest and close grip bench to arms. No real rhyme or reason to that just randomly picking.
44 next month 6'1 220 but losing fat real fast once I started paying attention to diet funny how that works. Last blood test my test level was 176.
Also Bru.. I told you PM me for the dic pics!! You're putting us on blast.
Yes.. Yes it is. Had a buddy years ago call it the wa-wa machine cause he said it made that sound..
Lol. "bullied" Come on.
Bald. I'm going to be honest with you I thought you were putting on a persona but I'm beginning to think your actually serious at all times. How do you not read my bully comment as a joke?
You mother fkrs are a tough crowd I swear.
only gays get covid in 2023
I know right? The very day I send @iGone those dic pics he was asking for too..

Well I would have considered myself intermediate but apparently so much has changed I'm just going to slide right back to white belt where I belong.

And no no way did I have 30 plus years of continuous training. I started in the 8th grade cuz I was wrestling and I was a string bean. Once I hit College wrestling my main focus was muscle endurance so I did mostly just circuit training bullshit since I was cutting 20 plus pounds anyways I didn't need to get any bigger.
There was like a four year period after college that I got into bodybuilding.
Then I did construction for years on and off so too tired to go to the gym and only really trained for a few years at a time and that was in the joint with awful food and your workout partner as your weights

Oh and Thx for advice it actually answered quite a few questions I already had. I'll try switching things up tomorrow.

Just to clarify a couple things.

So you're saying that's actually considered high volume nowadays right? And on the "working up to a weight" thing, so I do more warm upsets but how do you split the difference between the lighter sets and the super light warm-up sets? Cuz if I just did what I normally do for warm up I'd probably blow something out jumping straight to the heavier weight.
For example should I do say 4-5 warm up sets going touch heavier like something I could do like 20 times? Then start that work set? And do just two actual work sets?

And on rest you're saying wait two to three full minutes? I've been doing a minute and a half on a timer so it ends up being like a minute 40 in between and it for sure feels rushed because I know if I waited longer I could do heavier but it just goes back to what I remember everyone doing back then. 90 seconds was like what everybody did.

OK tomorrow I'll do chest and try that out. I'll get nice and warm first then do just max effort on 2 sets per exercise with the two and a half to three min rest and I'll do 4 exercises. Dumbell flat, incline, dips, cable cross.

I'll try this change out for every work out moving forward for a while.

Reaction score
I'll try adding dips to chest and close grip bench to arms. No real rhyme or reason to that just randomly picking.

44 next month 6'1 220 but losing fat real fast once I started paying attention to diet funny how that works. Last blood test my test level was 176.
Also Bru.. I told you PM me for the dic pics!! You're putting us on blast.

Yes.. Yes it is. Had a buddy years ago call it the wa-wa machine cause he said it made that sound..

Bald. I'm going to be honest with you I thought you were putting on a persona but I'm beginning to think your actually serious at all times. How do you not read my bully comment as a joke?
You mother fkrs are a tough crowd I swear.

I know right? The very day I send @iGone those dic pics he was asking for too..

Well I would have considered myself intermediate but apparently so much has changed I'm just going to slide right back to white belt where I belong.

And no no way did I have 30 plus years of continuous training. I started in the 8th grade cuz I was wrestling and I was a string bean. Once I hit College wrestling my main focus was muscle endurance so I did mostly just circuit training bullshit since I was cutting 20 plus pounds anyways I didn't need to get any bigger.
There was like a four year period after college that I got into bodybuilding.
Then I did construction for years on and off so too tired to go to the gym and only really trained for a few years at a time and that was in the joint with awful food and your workout partner as your weights

Oh and Thx for advice it actually answered quite a few questions I already had. I'll try switching things up tomorrow.

Just to clarify a couple things.

So you're saying that's actually considered high volume nowadays right? And on the "working up to a weight" thing, so I do more warm upsets but how do you split the difference between the lighter sets and the super light warm-up sets? Cuz if I just did what I normally do for warm up I'd probably blow something out jumping straight to the heavier weight.
For example should I do say 4-5 warm up sets going touch heavier like something I could do like 20 times? Then start that work set? And do just two actual work sets?

And on rest you're saying wait two to three full minutes? I've been doing a minute and a half on a timer so it ends up being like a minute 40 in between and it for sure feels rushed because I know if I waited longer I could do heavier but it just goes back to what I remember everyone doing back then. 90 seconds was like what everybody did.

OK tomorrow I'll do chest and try that out. I'll get nice and warm first then do just max effort on 2 sets per exercise with the two and a half to three min rest and I'll do 4 exercises. Dumbell flat, incline, dips, cable cross.

I'll try this change out for every work out moving forward for a while.
Working up to weight is warmup. Don’t just jump 200 lbs and hurt something. I’m not suggesting that.

Longer rest periods of 2-3 mins allow CNS recovery and you can lift more. Lifting more means more stimulus. That’s good.

It may take a couple weeks to find the right weight to start with so don’t get frustrated. If you ever hit failure less that the 6-12 rep range, lower the weight 20 lbs and do 2 sets to failure with that weight. You’ll be where you need to be. You’re looking for progress each workout. Adding at least 1 rep is progress.

Reaction score
10/26/23 didn't go cause I'm a pussy.

10/27/23 Chest
Dumbell flat

Did 25, 25 like 15 reps then 35,45,50 for just two rep of each for warm up.

60x 15
65x 12

Dumbell incline
50x 11 last 2 rest pause
50x 15 clean reps but waited like 6 min cause I was hitting on a sloppy mom with fake titties.

Dips machine
190x 14
210x 12

OK tried that advice from @BigBaldBeardGuy. Did about 2.5-3.5 min rest with the heavier but less sets thing discussed above (don't know what it's called).
Things I noted..
One is that I could have gone heavier on the dumbells but I didn't feel confident manipulating them. Like as if I would blow something trying to move them into position. That could just be my vagina crying though, not sure yet.

Another is I definitely moved more weight than last time by a large margin. I'm fact I don't think I have grabbed the 60lb in years, that's gotta be good.

It felt like I didn't do enough but I was exhausted by the end of each set and once I cooled down it felt I had had done a good work out.

So I'll keep at this and I'll get my weights figured out more. Oh and also added the dips because of the advice about my weenie ass arm workout.

Reaction score
10/28/23
Legs
Hack squat, leg extensions, leg curls
Low energy, bad attitude, didn't write it down, and basically wasted my time.

10/29/23
Whiskey, weed, and drunk dialing all day.

10/30/23
Shoulders
15 min moonwalker

Dumbell overhead, seated
Warmup with 20s, two sets
35x 15
40x 13
45x 7

Dumbell Laterals
20x 10 each side 3 sets

Machine neutral grip
65x 12
80x 10
80x 12 last 2 was rest pause.

Still trying the more rest, less sets, better work, less being a pussy thing but had a hard time finding the right weight with shoulders. Looking back at the workout I didn't really do it right but I felt the effort was high. Need to fix that next time around.

New Threads