Tater’s gains and losses

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I have been using an app called LoseIt to track my food. I'm 5'-10 and 230lbs. I'm a type 2 diabetic but I am trying to work myself off of the oral meds I take - I do not take insulin. My TDEE is 2645 cals so I'm trying to run a 2150 cal diet. I'm currently around 30% protein, 35% carbs and 35% fats. I suspect that my fat and carbs are too close, like you don't want to have both heavy in a day. I have been reading about carb cycling and I think I will try that approach as well.

Honestly I need to quit being a bish about it and devote more detail to getting my macros right. Pre-preparing meals more often like S30 recommended and setting myself up for success in this area is the way to go. I may switch up apps, I had already paid for premium on this other app and it's pretty cool as far as entering food and food database with info. I appreciate the feedback. This shit is a lot of work but I know it will be worth it. I am already seeing a lot of improvement as far as my body recomping. Pants fit loser and chest on shirts are tighter.

Reactions: DF

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
How long you been on trt now Tater? Noticing changes?

Hey Dawg, I feel mentally and emotionally a lot more stable these days. It is a strange thing because it didn't happen overnight but I'm noticing more clarity and focus during the day. I feel better but it's not really a super-noticeable thing. I was thinking maybe just knowing that I was getting some help in that area created a placebo type effect. I am happy with everything so far and I am on week 5. They did a blood draw this morning and I will know where I am at on Friday.

Reaction score
I have been using an app called LoseIt to track my food. I'm 5'-10 and 230lbs. I'm a type 2 diabetic but I am trying to work myself off of the oral meds I take - I do not take insulin. My TDEE is 2645 cals so I'm trying to run a 2150 cal diet. I'm currently around 30% protein, 35% carbs and 35% fats. I suspect that my fat and carbs are too close, like you don't want to have both heavy in a day. I have been reading about carb cycling and I think I will try that approach as well.

Honestly I need to quit being a bish about it and devote more detail to getting my macros right. Pre-preparing meals more often like S30 recommended and setting myself up for success in this area is the way to go. I may switch up apps, I had already paid for premium on this other app and it's pretty cool as far as entering food and food database with info. I appreciate the feedback. This shit is a lot of work but I know it will be worth it. I am already seeing a lot of improvement as far as my body recomping. Pants fit loser and chest on shirts are tighter.
The app you use is not important, tracking the cals/macros is. Sounds like you’re doing fine already, you’re right, it’s a lot of work. I struggle with it every day, making the right choices vs the choices I want to make. Eventually it’ll just be the norm, it’ll become automatic. At least, that’s what they tell me lol.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Once you view food as a tool vs. a treat things will become easier. Try to think of it in this context.

Man, that's good advice. I have an unhealthy relationship with food in that I over-eat often. I crave carbs all of the time and I just need to quit being a bish and make better choices. I'm responsible for the results so I need to get my head in the game on the diet part of this equation.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Hey Dawg, I feel mentally and emotionally a lot more stable these days. It is a strange thing because it didn't happen overnight but I'm noticing more clarity and focus during the day. I feel better but it's not really a super-noticeable thing. I was thinking maybe just knowing that I was getting some help in that area created a placebo type effect. I am happy with everything so far and I am on week 5. They did a blood draw this morning and I will know where I am at on Friday.

It's not an overnight thing. One day you just look back and realize you havent been feeling as anxious, depressed, demotivated, or whatever it is. Some of it takes months and months to really become apparent.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
It's not an overnight thing. One day you just look back and realize you havent been feeling as anxious, depressed, demotivated, or whatever it is. Some of it takes months and months to really become apparent.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing from others. I was thinking it was like a light switched on or something since it is a direct injection of hormones into your body but it seems to be like a fog lifted so far. I appreciate you asking and the response.

Reaction score
Once you view food as a tool vs. a treat things will become easier. Try to think of it in this context.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Also for me, I found the longer I go between those cheat meals the more enjoyable they are to have since its so infrequent.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I haven't worked out in almost a week and it's killing me. I had all of my teeth removed on Thursday and got implants and it has been pure hell. Most painful thing I've ever experienced and I've been shot before. Looking to start out tomorrow with some chest action to get back into the swing of things. Cardio tonight.

Reaction score
I haven't worked out in almost a week and it's killing me. I had all of my teeth removed on Thursday and got implants and it has been pure hell. Most painful thing I've ever experienced and I've been shot before. Looking to start out tomorrow with some chest action to get back into the swing of things. Cardio tonight.
Wow that must have been costly!

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Chest/tris day today: incline dumbbell bench press, flat bench, tricep extensions, chest press machine, skull crushers, cable flys upper and lower, crunches, 30 minutes cardio.

St0ked

Elite
Reaction score
Just read through your whole journal. Subbed. Keep up the good work dude.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Chest and tricep 5x5 routine today with abs at the end. Knee is bothering me so I’m taking tomorrow off.

incline dumbbell bench press
flat barbell bench press
skullcrusher
cable flys
tricep pull downs
crunches to failure

Last edited:

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Did back and bi’s today. I’m gimping around on a bum knee so I’m going to give it until Friday or Saturday before I hit legs. Feeling good

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Chest tris and some shoulder work today. Was not feeling it.

DeltaWave

Reaction score
Can't be a great day everyday unfortunately.

Keep at it man. Let us know how your diet's going too.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Can't be a great day everyday unfortunately.

Keep at it man. Let us know how your diet's going too.

ive been preparing most of my meals and running a deficit at around 1800 calories. Some days less. Since I got new teeth installed, (literally all of them ripped out and replaced in a day) I’ve been slow to get back to eating normal. Mainly soft foods like scrambled eggs, fish, Greek yogurt, avocados, steamed vegetables, soups and protein shakes in a pinch. Still fluctuating between 220 and 230. Currently 226 this morning. Tomorrow is cardio, abs and calves.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You go under General for the procedure? Sounds awful. How many diamonds did you get in your grill?

Oh, congratulations! It must feel great to have new confidence in your smile. Soon you’ll have a new body to go with those implants.

Cheers.

New Threads