Teeth grinding

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is a crazy ? But my daughter use to grind her teeth at night, I hate the way that sounds now she has stopped so far:-? But my son he is doing it too!:-? :)) what the hell! I never done that my wife either. Y the hell r they doing that? It's annoying:0 my son is 5y daughter is 7

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I grind my teeth too. No real damage over the years. For adults the solution is a sleep gum shield. I cant see a young child wearing one, but if my memory is right your kids are very young - maybe they will grow out of it on the second set of teeth. Time for them to see a dentist?

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They saw a dentist last week too mini and she said they grow out of it. I still had to ask my bros just incase. Everytime my son grinds his teeth at night I start thinking :-? Is this a sign for him to be a powerlifter:)) if so POB gonna have to take him under his wing .

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I would get them mouthguards. You can find them at places like Walgreens.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
not uncommon. Hopefully will grow out of it. Thin mouthguard would help.

staxs

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have ground my teeth at night since I was a kid and its never changed. I did get a mouth guard as a teen and see a doctor. It can be a result of ADD that transcends into sleeping disorders. The problem is that the body wants to rest but cannot because people with ADD theres always a secondary function occuring during the day that proccupies a sector in the brain that keeps it busy. Same thing when your sleeping. Your body is resting but your mind is having trouble resting so you have nerve/muscle twitches that trigger responses while sleeping. Teethgrinding, sleep walking, sleeping conversations, leg twiches, some go to the extent of pulling out there hair in there sleep and dont remember it. I used to be on ADD medicine as a teen but discontinued

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my wife does it sometimes... when she was younger it was so bad that her dentist had her go to sleep with a mouthpiece

getgains

Reaction score
one of my kids did it for a couple of years its gone now dentist said the same it will pass and it did

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Used to do it when I was younger, not so much anymore. Dentist tried telling me it was because of stress.

RoidGear.net

Latest posts