the blood pressure thread

Reaction score
Most docs now will give you multiple types of meds that will work synergistically.

Ace blockers, calcium channel blockers, beta blockers, and diuretics. The right combo will get you right.

Im a cardio maniac, no longer drink, no tobacco, etc etc. But my bp would be about 160/100 without meds.

Add an ace blocker and low dose beta blocker and Im all good with no real side effects.

I will add too, that for many people there are food intolerances that contribute. One of my buddy’s BP dropped 50 points when he cut out gluten.
Is it my head or do you feel a bit ‘off’ from the beta blockers? I’m more calm thru the day for sure, but when I hit the gym I’m kinda off, less aggression.

I’ve considered lifting early AM before I take the blocker, or switching to the 2x a day pill so there’s a break where I can feel more like myself.

But really it’s mild like you said and I’m sure I can manage.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Is it my head or do you feel a bit ‘off’ from the beta blockers? I’m more calm thru the day for sure, but when I hit the gym I’m kinda off, less aggression.

I’ve considered lifting early AM before I take the blocker, or switching to the 2x a day pill so there’s a break where I can feel more like myself.

I dont tolerate beta blockers well but bystolic was the best for me. And I only take 1/2 the starter dose. (2.5 mg)

For atgletic performance, there are definitely better options

Reaction score

I was on the beta blocker Toprol initially, and yes as I look back , I feel better working out with Amlodipine. Perhaps it can be described as a bit more motivated to push through the difficulty.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
In broad terms what do you guys do for work that's driving bp so high?

Reaction score
In broad terms what do you guys do for work that's driving bp so high?
The owner of the company I work for is bipolar at best. There is a "cover your ass" culture here, as mistakes are made at the top, while the blame finds others below.
My age and salary make it difficult to move on.

Reaction score
I'm kind of nervous to post mine. I'll admit, I'm on BP meds. Losartan.
I know I'm young and it may be unnecessary even, but I accepted this recommendation from my doc for ONE reason;
Losartan is a myostatin inhibitor. Just like yk11

Reaction score
132/55

I don’t know why my systolic is consistently high and my diastolic is consistently low

New Threads